Changes

Now I'm In Love

Chapter 7 – “Change”

*Taeyeon’s P.O.V.*

Months had passed and I still don’t know who’s behind the name  ‘the annoying girl’. On the bright side, Tiffany and Yuri made their relationship official after the long process of dating. Sunny, Sooyoung and Yoona are single. Jessica is part of our gang now, but she doesn’t sit with us during lunch. As for me, I’m still talking to annoying girl, we always talk during night and we sometimes had lunch together -through phone at the bleachers.

I'm currently here at the rooftop thinking about what happened this past few months. Ever since Jessica's addition to our group, everything seems so great and fun. Not that it wasn't fun before, but, it became more lively. Sunny once told me that I smile a lot ever since Jessica and I became friends. 

“Hey. Why are you here?” Jessica asked. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice someone sitting beside me. 

“I could ask you the same thing.” I smiled at her. She sighed and leaned her head on my shoulder. 

“I’m thinking.” She said plainly. “How about you?”

“We both seem to be doing the same thing.” I said smiling. “What’re you thinking about?” I asked her.

“Just things that's going on with my life right now.” She sighed and laid down. “How ‘bout you?” she asked while closing her eyes. 

“I’m still trying to figure out who the annoying girl is.” I told her -though it's just part of what I'm thinking- and she laughed. “Why are you laughing?” I arched an eyebrow. “This is not funny.” I groaned. “I’ve been looking for her for almost 10 weeks now.”

“Why don’t you just give up and accept the fact that you won’t find her.” She said and I sighed.

“Because,” I sighed and laid down beside her. “I like her.” I told her truthfully. “Pathetic right? I liked a girl that I don’t even know.” I sighed and covered my face with my hands. “I don’t know why but I liked her goofiness and just her. She’s annoyingly comfortable to talk with.” I told her.

When I looked at Jessica she was looking at me shocked, her eyes widen and her face flushed. I raised an eyebrow at her and she just looked at me and reached for my hands.

“That girl is lucky.” She told me. “She made you like her even though you hated girls.” She continued. “She… Wow! You fell for the annoying and unknown girl? I didn’t expect that.” She laughed and I laughed at her. She stopped and looked at me with her serious face. “I’ve got a confession to make.” She looked at me and sat up. I did the same. 

“Okay. You can tell me anything.” I told her and held her hands.

“I…” she was cut off by my phone ringing. I reached for my phone to turn it off but she stopped me. “You need to answer that. I’m gonna go now. I’ll see you in our class.” She said and kissed my cheek. “Bye.” And with that she’s gone.

“Nice timing Yuri-ah!” I shouted at her.

“Woah. I just called to tell you that Sunny’s crying.” she said and I can hear Fany shouting in the background.

“I’ll be there.” I said. “Where the hell are you?” I asked her before I hang up.

“The bleachers.” she said. And with that I hang up the phone and sprinted towards the bleachers.

When I reached the bleachers I saw Sunny crying and Sooyoung beside her comforting her. Yoona was talking to someone on the phone, and Yuri and Tiffany was comforting Sunny as well.

“What the hell happened?!” I yelled at them. Sunny is my cousin and whoever made her cry is dead to me. When the crying girl saw me, she hugged me tight and told me that she saw her ex-boyfriend with someone else.

“Damn it! And here I thought something serious happened to you!” I exclaimed and she just hugged me tight. I looked at Yuri and she’s laughing. I glared at her and gave her the middle finger.

“But it hurts.” Sunny mumbled. And I looked at Sooyoung and Yoona.

“How ‘bout you and Sooyoung go out tonight?” I asked her. Sooyoung shot me a look and I smirked. “I’m sure she’ll be happy to take you out on a date.” Sunny looked at Sooyoung and the tall girl nodded at her and glared at me.

“But she has a boyfriend.” I looked at her confused and back at Sooyoung.

“They broke up last week. After you and your boyfriend broke up.” I told her. And her eyes brightened and agreed with the idea.

“How ‘bout me?” Yoona asked. “I’m single, too. Who’s gonna be my date?” she pouted.

“You can ask Jessica out.” Yuri said and I frowned.

“No she can’t.” I told them. They looked at me and smirked.

“Why not Tae?” Yuri asked. “She’s single, Yoona’s single, I don’t see a reason as to why not.” she smirked and waited for my answer.

I tensed up and thought of an answer. “I asked her out earlier, so she can’t go out with Yoong.” I told them and Yuri’s jaw dropped. ! I didn’t even ask her out. What’s she going to think?! I face palmed in my head.

“Really?” Fany asked. “I thought you don’t like her.” She added.

“Well, not because I don’t like her doesn’t mean I can’t date her.” I shrugged and pointed at Sunny and Sooyoung. “Like those two, they don’t like each other but they’re going out on a date.” she nodded.

“Uh huh.” Fany said unconvinced.

I was going to say something when the bell cut me off. Now how am I going to tell Jessica that she has a date with me tonight? I asked myself. I entered my room and found Jessica sitting by herself at the back of the room.

“Hey thinker bell.” I teased and she giggled.

“Hello there, Peter.” She teased back and we both laughed. The other students will just look at us and get back to what they’re doing, coz they’re used to us laughing and teasing each other. At first, it was a big deal, like the other kids will glare at Sica but time had passed and they leave us alone.

I was about to ask Jessica out on a date when our teacher arrived. Why is everybody not in the right timing today?! I internally groaned.

I went back to my seat and listened to my teacher. How the hell would I ask Jessica on a date? I don’t even know where I’ll bring her. I thought. And I don’t even know if she’ll say yes. Why didn’t I just let Yoona take her out on a date? Now I’m screwed! I groaned. I was so deep in my thought that I didn’t notice that the class was dismissed. I looked at Jessica and she was waiting by the door laughing. I glared at her and fixed my things.

“You !” I told her laughing.

“It’s not my fault that you were so deep in your thoughts.” She said and laughed once more.


-At the parking lot

I was waiting for Jessica to come out and ask her out. I saw Yuri, Fany and Yoona come out and they walked towards my direction.

“So where’s your date?” Yuri teased.

“I’m actually waiting for her to get out of that.” I pointed at the school. Tiffany eyed me and I arched an eyebrow at her. “What?”

“You’ve changed.” She simply said. “You’re actually waiting for your date. You never do that in your past relationship.” She said.

“Well, I guess I need some changes in my life.” I told them.

“Well, that change’s good.” Yuri said. “Keep that up.” she added and they walked away.

“Good luck for your date unnie.” Yoona said patting my back. 

“It’s just a friendly date Yoong.” I said and she shrugged. After they left, Jessica walks out of the building. I quickly call her and she turned to my direction.

“What? We don’t have home works Taengo.” She said giggling. Taengo. 

“That’s not what I want from you.” I started. She looked at me and I continued, “Are you free tonight?” I asked her scratching the back of my neck.

“Wait, what?” she asked. “I mean, yeah... yeah. Why?”

“Uh…” I started and she looked at me waiting for my answer. “Will… will… uh… you know… tonight… uh… there’s this place that I wanna go…” I stuttered. Damn it! Why am I stuttering?

“Uh huh. Then go.” she smirked and I rolled my eyes. This woman! 

“Okay.” I chuckled and sighed. “Will you go on a date with me tonight?” I asked her and I can feel my heart beats fast.

“Woah!” she said in surprise. “Kim Taeyeon is asking me out on a date? Wow! I must be the luckiest girl!” she said sarcasm laced in her words.

“Shut up.” I rolled my eyes. “Will you just please answer the question?” I pleaded and she laughed.

“Pick me up at 6.” She said and my eyes widened and I smiled at her. “That place better be good or else I’ll ditch you.” She teased.

“You bet. That’ll be the most amazing place that your eyes will ever see.” I said proudly.

“Right.” She said. “I’ll see you tonight Kim.” She smiled and walks away.


Damn these changes! I groaned.

 

 

 

--------------------------------

a/n: Let's imagine that the rooftop is the same as the East High school in high school musical. 

Thank you for reading! xx