Revelations

Now I'm In Love

a/n: Hi so I didn't proof read this. I watched a Taengsic FMV and made me inspired to write. I hope you guys enjoy. This is Jessica's P.O.V., finally. Enjoy! 

 

Chapter 11 - Revelations 

*Jessica's P.O.V.*

Something's definitely up. Something's weird. Taeyeon's been acting weird lately. Weird as in a confusing weird. She's been all smiley, she's always with me. And she dragged me in the cafeteria, she made me sit in their table. Their table. I know I don't belong there, but Taeyeon didn't care. Throughout the day, Taeyeon has been giving me all her attention. We spent our morning sleeping at the rooftop. Then we ate our lunch together, which never happened in the past. And after lunch, we hang out at the student council room, all of them are the student council. 

"Yah! Taeyeon-ah! Stop flirting with each other!" Sooyoung yelled. 

Did I ever mention that Taeyeon and I are on the floor? Taeyeon's head is on my lap while my hands are playing with her hair. 

"Mind your own business, Soo!" Taeyeon yelled back. "Don't mind her." she looked at me smiling. 

"You should stop flirting with me, Kim." I ruffled her hair. 

"Who said that I'm flirting with you, Jung?" she said smugly. So what's all this? I rolled my eyes. 

"Get off my lap then." I playfully shoved her head. Taeyeon laughed and held my hands.

"Do you want me to flirt with you, then?" she asked me and I froze. I saw her smile at me. There's something about her smile that gives me an unnerving feeling.  

"Whatever, Kim." I playfully rolled my eyes. She just laughed at me. 

I saw Yuri looking at us with a serene look. I caught her eyes and she smirked at me. She sent me a look and then at the girl on my lap, I'm sure I turned red. Yuri laughed at that. I sent her a glare and that only made her laugh even more. I turned my attention towards Taeyeon before I turned into a tomato.

Wrong move, I caught Taeyeon looking at me. But she didn't even stop looking at me, even though she knew I caught her looking. 

"I know I'm gorgeous, Kim. But you should at least be discreet." I told her playfully. 

"You're more than that." I heard her whisper. I looked at her and she was looking back at me. 

We were on our world that we didn't notice someone sitting beside us. 

"Unnie!" That was Yoona. 

"Hmm?" Taeyeon and I replied without breaking our eye contact. 

"I think I know who annoying girl is!" That snapped us out of our contact. 

No way.

"What?" Taeyeon's attention is now on Yoona. "How sure are you?"

"Well, someone auditioned in the drama club. And she put 'Annoying Girl's' number on her contact information." she explained to us. Oh no! 

"What?" Taeyeon asked confused.

She looked at me. Maybe she's conflicted with her feelings right now. Yuri did tell me that Taeyeon's confused with her feelings between me and her 'Annoying Girl'. Maybe she's feeling bad for me, because she's been flirting with me and we both forgot that there's 'Annoying Girl'. 

"Go." I ushered her. "I have something to do anyway." I said standing up and leaving the room. I guess, she's more in love with 'Annoying Girl' than me. 

I walked towards the bleachers. On my way there, I can feel the whole student body's eyes on me. I ignored them and continued walking. When I reached the bleachers, I dialed my sister's number. 

"Hey," I greeted my sister. 

"Hey what's up." 

"Did you give the drama club your number?" 

"Oh yea. About that, I accidentally wrote your number." I sighed. I knew it. 

"Stupid." I sighed once again. Krystal forgot her phone at home and borrowed my other phone.

"Why? I didn't memorized my number." 

"That's the number I used as 'Annoying Girl' you pabo!" I said in gritted teeth. Yes, you heard that right. I'm the 'Annoying Girl'. I've been hiding it because I'm scared. 

"Woah! Really? You didn't tell me, stupid!" 

"Aish!" I hissed. 

"I can just tell them that it's mine. I won't tell them about you."

"You're my sister you pabo-ya! They'll be suspicious."

"You know, sis. You can just tell them that it's you." It's not that easy. 

"We've already talked about this, Soojung-ah." 

"And I still don't get why you wouldn't tell them."

"Because," I said in a raised voice. "I'm scared that she will leave us both." I said in a small voice. 

"Sis, I'll call you back. Taeyeon sunbae-nim and Yoona sunbae-nim are looking for me." She said in a hurry and hanged up. 

I can feel someone's presence behind me so I looked at them and surprised to see Sunny. 

"Sunny-" I started but she cut me off. 

"Don't worry." she told me. "I won't tell." she was looking at me with a smile on her face that it scared me. 

"What? Shouldn't you be mad at me? She's your cousin." This is ridiculous. 

"Do you want me to be mad at you?" she asked me back. I shook my head. "There. I don't think there's a reason for me to be mad at you. You didn't lie. You did hide, but you didn't lie. I'm sure you have your reasons. And I'm not here to judge you for your decisions." she looked at the field in front of us and then back at me. 

"What?" I looked at her confused. 

"I just don't understand why." I sighed and decided to tell her. 

"Taeyeon and I already met when we were kids." Sunny looked at me confused. "I don't think she remembers me, though. We were just 7 years old that time. And we moved back to America a month after our encounter." I decided to tell Sunny the story on how Taeyeon and I met, and how I fell in love with her. 

*Flashback*

-12 years ago-

I was playing with my friend,  Hyoyeon, at our house. She's my only friend in this neighborhood. I'm too shy around other people. Hyoyeon always talk for me when we're around the other kids. While we were playing, Hyoyeon's mom suddenly called her and that ended our playtime.

After Hyoyeon left, I told my mom that I was hungry and that I was craving ice cream. My mom was busy taking care of my younger sister so she told me to buy it. I'm used to it. I'm already 7 so I can take care of myself. 

I was walking and walking when suddenly a girl walked passed me. Woah! She's so cute! I decided to follow the cute girl. I was following the girl stealthily. It makes me feel like I'm a spy. I was having fun following her when she suddenly stopped. She looked at me and I quickly hide behind a tree.

"You can come out now. I already saw you." the cute girl said I decided to come out. Wow she's prettier up close. 

"Hi!" I greeted her. 

"Hi!" she greeted back. "What's your name?" she asked me.

"Uh... My mom said don't tell your name to some stranger even though they're cute." I answered while playing with the hem of my dress.

"Oh." she responded. "Then, just tell me a name that isn't yours and that's what I'll call you." she suggested excitedly.

"But that's boring." I whined. "Let's just give ourselves code names!" I suggested and she quickly agreed.

We spent minutes to think of our code name when a squirrel come by.

"Oh I know! You can call me squirrel and I'll call you nuts!" I said and she shook her head 'no'.

"But I don't wanna be called nuts." she whined. "How about... I call you Mrs. Squirrel and you call me Mr. Squirrel?" I frowned. 

"But we're both girls. You can't be Mr. Squirrel." I said with a frown on my face. 

"But it's just our code name." she said. "We can't both be Mrs. Squirrel." she pointed out and I thought hard. 

"OH that's cuter than 'squirrel and nuts'! Okay then Mr. Squirrel!" I said finally giving in and hugged her.

"Where are you going?" I asked her when I let her go.

"I don't know. I just wanna go out and not stay at our house." she said. 

"Can I join you?" I asked her.

"Well, I guess a company won't hurt. Sure." she gave me a full smile and I returned it while running beside her. 

We walked and walked until we found this place with a lake. We were at awe at what we saw.

"Wow, this place is so cool!" I exclaimed. She agreed with me and sat at the rock. I sat beside her and we just sat there staring at the view.

"Can we go here again?" I asked her after a minute of silence.

"I don't know. If your mom agrees with you coming then why not?" she answered and I smiled.

"I'll ask her later! Let's meet here tomorrow!" I giddily said. "Let's put our name here so that people will know that this is our place." I added. She eagerly nodded and picked up a stone and we wrote, 'Mr. Squirrel x Mrs. Squirrel'.

"Now people will know that this is ours." she said and I clapped my hands.

We decided to go home and just meet here tomorrow noon. 

"Okay this is where we will part." I told her and she pouted. "Awe. Don't pout!" I pinched her cheeks and she smiled at my gesture.

"Here." she handed me her bracelet. "So you won't ever forget about me." I smiled and took her bracelet. I picked up a rock on the ground and gave it to her.

"I don't have anything here so just take this rock and don't ever throw that away." I handed her the rock shyly. She took it and grinned.

I kissed her on the cheeks then ran away. I waved at her while running away. She waved at me while grinning from ear to ear. I excitedly went back home, excited to tell my mom about the new friend I made.

----------- 

Mr. Squirrel and I never met again after that fateful encounter. Krystal got sick and my parents spent their time at the hospital. I couldn't get out of the house because mom and dad aren't home. Weeks after, my parents told me that we'll be moving to America for the time being. They said we need to bring Krystal there for America is more equipped. 

I looked at the bracelet that Mr. Squirrel gave me with a frown on my face. Does that mean I can't see her again?

-6 years ago-

My parents decided to go back to Korea. They said that Krystal and I should finish our studies here. I missed Korea! It's been so long since I was here. 

"Hey sis," my sister called out. "Someone's looking for you outside."

I looked at Krystal confused and she just shrugged. 

"Don't look at me like that. I don't know anyone here, I was a baby the last time I was here." she said. 

I went downstairs and saw a girl with a purple hair. Who is that? I thought. 

"Sooyeon!" the girl with the purple hair yelled and tackled me. "Yah! You brat! How dare you leave without telling me?" 

"Hyo?" I was surprised she still knows me. 

"I'll punch you if you forgot about me." she threatened me and that made me laugh because I know she's not kidding. 

"I'm sorry. It happened so fast that I didn't have the time to tell you we're moving." I explained to the hot headed girl. "I missed you, though." I hugged the girl with the purple hair. 

"You should be." she said but hugged me back. "So was that Soojung?" she asked me and I nodded. 

"She can't remember you, she was still a baby. And you're lucky she can't remember you, if she knew what you did she'll kill you." I said laughing.

When Hyoyeon and I were baby sitting Krystal, Hyoyeon always do something weird to Krystal. She always made Krystal cry. 

"That's good then. I'll be the coolest unnie she'll ever know." she said smugly. This girl never changed. I shook my head. 

"Let's get out of here." I told my mom that Hyoyeon and I are going out and catch up with everything we missed out on each other. 

Hyoyeon and I were in this ice cream place. I remember this place as this was my favorite place to go to when I was a kid. We were talking and laughing with each other when a group of people came in. And in those group of people, I saw her. I'm not sure if that's her but she looks like her. The girl that gave me the bracelet, that's been hidden in my drawer. Mr. Squirrel. 

"Excuse me." I got up and went to the restroom. 
Get a grip, Jessica. I told myself. She must not even remember me. And if she did, she must hate me coz I ditched her.

I was on my way out of the restroom when I bumped into her. I looked at her and I froze. She's so close. I thought. I apologized and made my way out. When I went back to our table, I saw Hyoyeon talking to the group that came in. Hyoyeon looked at my way and I signalled her that we should go and she bid goodbyes to her friends.

"What was that? Why were you in a hurry?" That was the first thing she asked me when we got out of the shop. 

"I have a confession to make."

I told Hyoyeon about the story of Mr. Squirrel. And that when we were in America, something changed in me. I never told anyone yet, but I trust Hyoyeon. It's weird as we haven't seen each other in years. But I decided to tell Hyoyeon that I was biual. I was scared of her reaction, but after a long silence, she looked at me and said, "I knew you there's something gay about you."

I looked at her confused and she explained. She said that she already expected it as she always had this feeling that I'm gay. And she herself didn't know what it is. I sighed in relief and hugged her again. 

"So your Mr. Squirrel is my cousin?" she asked me and I looked at her confused. "Oh, the girl that you bumped into in the ice cream shop was my cousin." she explained and my mouth formed an 'O'.

"What a small world?" I said.

-------

Months after that day, it's my first day in school here in Korea. I'm in middle school now. Fortunately, I'm in the same school as Hyoyeon. I also found out that my cousin, Yuri, is attending that school and that she's friends with Mr. Squirrel. What a small world, indeed. 

Hyoyeon and Yuri are the only one who knows about my feelings about their friend, Taeyeon. I found out that Mr. Squirrel's name is Taeyeon. As for Taeyeon, she never gave me her attention. I've made friends here and there, but I never talked to Taeyeon or any of her friends, except for Yuri and Hyoyeon. But that's okay for me, as I don't know what to tell her. And I'm afraid that I'll be a blabbering mess. 

The whole school year passed by and I still haven't talked to Taeyeon. I didn't have the guts to talk to her. Hyoyeon and Yuri made a lot of opportunity for Taeyeon and I to talk but I always run away. I'll just do it next year. That's what I've been telling them. 

-3 years ago-

3 years has passed and I still haven't talked to Taeyeon. Well, I almost did, but chickened out after I saw her waiting at the bleachers. I regret that decision of mine, up to this day. That was last year. Few days before Christmas. Hyoyeon told me to go to the bleachers, she told me that she has a present for me. When I saw who was there, I almost choked on my own saliva. Kim freaking Taeyeon was there. Sitting with her feet propped up on the railings. She's so lovely. I thought. I was a few feet away from her when I suddenly feel like dying. Before I get to her, my feet the other direction. I run away from her. 

I went to the rooftop of the school, as I know no one goes there. The rooftop oversee the whole school. I looked at the bleachers, I wished I didn't, and saw Taeyeon talking to a girl. That should be me. I sighed and turned away.

That was last year. Taeyeon and that girl got together. I cried on Hyoyeon's shoulder the day I found out about it. I knew I shouldn't have blamed anyone, but I couldn't help but blame myself. If I just had the courage to go and talked to her. That should've been me. She could've been mine. But I was too much of a coward.

"Hey, it's not like they're forever." Hyoyeon said trying to cheer me up. I gave her a weak smile. 

It's been 6 months since Taeyeon and that girl announced that they were together, it was on Valentine's Day. Well, more like the girl announced their relationship. I've been avoiding the new couple of our school. Hyoyeon and Yuri always make sure that I don't see the couple being sweet to each other. And it's working, not until I saw them making out at our locker room. 

"She doesn't even know me. But why am I like this?" I sighed.

It's the start of the new school year. And we're in highschool now. 

"Hey, it's coz you like her. And she doesn't need to know you for you to like her."

I sighed and we both just stayed at my room until it's time for her to go home. 

-----

It's our Halloween Ball and everybody has a partner. Me on the other hand decided to go solo. I went there as a pirate, with an eye patch on my left eye. Hyoyeon went as my co-pirate. I have a pirate hat while Hyoyeon had a bandana. 

We were looking around when we found Yuri. She was dressed as a werewolf. Her clothes are ripped and she has whiskers. Hyoyeon and I made fun of Yuri's choice of clothing but when we looked at the rest of the student body, they were all looking at Yuri like a piece of meat.

Yuri was with her friends, Hyoyeon is part of their group but she chose to accompany me. I looked at them and frowned. Taeyeon was nowhere to be seen. 

"Hyo! Where is Taeyeon?" I asked my co-pirate. 

She shrugged her shoulders and danced like a maniac. I can't stop her from dancing so I went out to get a fresh air. I sat down on the bleachers and stared at the sky. 

"This is a first." someone said behind me. 

I turned around and saw the girl I've been looking for. My heartbeat beats faster than the Flash. Calm down, Jessica. I looked at the girl in front of me. She's wearing a onesies. She's wearing a bear onesie.

"What?" I asked her.

"I always go here every time there's a party. And I never saw anyone here. This is a first." she explained. 

"Oh." I got up and I was about to leave when she stopped me.

"Stay." she said in a small voice. 

"What?"

"Is that all you know? What?" she said laughing to herself. 

"I mean, why do you want me to stay?" I asked her.

Thank Heavens this is a costume themed party, she wouldn't recognize me the following day. 

"You got here first. You can stay." she said and I nodded. 

There's a comfortable silence between us. It was peaceful as there's just the two of us there. But I can't say the same with my heart. There's a huge disaster happening inside my heart. And the reason for it is sitting just a few meters away from me. 

"I saw my girlfriend kissing another guy." she broke the comfortable silence between us. I snapped my head towards her.

"That's..." I didn't know what to say. 

"I know. I'll give her a chance to explain, though." she said and my head is screaming to tell her 'no'. She shouldn't.

"Do you want my advice?" I asked her. She looked at me and nodded her head. "Break up with her." she looked at me and smiled. 

"She's my first girlfriend." She didn't need to tell me, I already know. 

"She won't be your last." I replied. 

"I gave her everything she wants and needs. Where did I go wrong?" I can see that she's holding back her tears. That damn vixen! I wanna punch the girl that hurt Mr. Squirrel. 

"You didn't do anything wrong. She's the one who's at wrong. You already did your part, she didn't. Don't beat yourself up for things out of your control. You already gave her everything, and still had the guts to kiss other people. She doesn't deserve you. You're willing to give and she just takes everything from you. That's not a relationship, that's being stupid in your part. And she's a ."

"Okay." she said in a calm voice. "I'm gonna break up with her. But not right now."

"As long as you do." So do I have a chance now? 

The comfortable silence is back and I can't help but sigh. She's so near yet so far. 

"Hey?" I called out. She hummed in acknowledgement. "Do you want another reason to break up with your girlfriend?"

"Yes, please." she said.

I walked closer to where she is. I looked at her in the eyes. Thank Heavens for the costume. I'm sure she wouldn't recognize me. I kissed her on the lips. I can feel her frozen under my touch. I was about to pull away when she pulled me closer. Our lips moved in sync. Her lips are soft, they're perfect for me. We pulled away when breathing was a problem. 

"Now you would have another reason to leave her." I said in hushed voice. I looked at her and she stood there frozen. I kissed her one last time walked away.

"Yah! Pirate Woman!" she yelled at me. I waved at her.

"Now you have another thing to think about when you break up with her!" I yelled back and ran away. 

-----

Months after that fateful night, news broke up that Taeyeon and her girlfriend broke up. Hyoyeon told me that the only reason the girl became Taeyeon's girlfriend was because of a bet. And after they broke up, I never saw Taeyeon's smile again. Taeyeon became cold. And I don't like it.

A lot has happened this year. Hyoyeon transferred to China, as to why? It's because Hyoyeon punished Taeyeon's ex-girlfriend. Don't ask how. And because of that, Taeyeon's ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend transferred school. 

*End of flashback*

I looked at Sunny and she has agape.

"Sunny," I started. 

"Daebak!" she suddenly said. This girl is as weird as her cousin, Hyoyeon. "So you kissed Taeyeon before?"

"Yes." I blushed at that. 

"Okay. Continue your story." she said and ushered me to finish my story. 

"So yea, I was thinking the whole vacation. This is our last year in highschool. And I should stop being a coward. Hence the reason why I asked Yuri for her number. But then she asked to meet and that made me panic..." 

*Flashback*

! I left my pencil in my locker. I looked around and saw Taeyeon tapping her pencil on her desk. I decided to be courageous and asked her for extra pencil. She gave me one and I smiled at her but she ignored me. I frowned. I saw her looked back, she must've noticed my frown so she gave me a small smile. I gave her a shy smile and looked at the front. 

I went to the bleachers. My heart was beating so fast. At the last minute, I got scared, so I wrote her a letter saying I can't meet her yet. I was a few steps away from the bleachers when I saw her running towards the bleachers. I can see her confused face while reading the letter. While she was reading the letter, I decided to go and talk to her. She was smiling and laughing to herself when she finished reading it. 

I made a comment on people might think she's gone mental if she didn't stop laughing by herself. We introduced ourselves to each other. She knows me at last. This is the first time we talked, as Jessica and Taeyeon, not Pirate Woman and Mrs. Squirrel. This would be the first time she calls me by my real name. And that made me happy. I should've done this a long time ago. I closed my eyes in regret. 

Weeks had passed and I still haven't told her about me being the 'Annoying Girl'. I want to tell her, but every time I tried to, there's always something or someone interrupting us.

*End of Flashback*

"So yea, I didn't notice that she was falling in love with the 'Annoying Girl' until it was too late. And I guess deep inside me, I want her to fall in love with me, as Jessica. I guess that's part of the reason as to why I can't bring myself to tell her the truth. I'm scared that she'll be disappointed." I sighed. "But I swear, I never intended it to go this far. I planned on telling her that I'm the 'Annoying Girl', but when I'm with her, I just can't bring myself to tell her about it."

"So you're scared that she'll love the other version of your self than you, Jessica?" Sunny said slowly. "But she's in love with you, too. As Jessica."

"I know. And that's making it more complicated." I groaned. 

"No. You're making it more complicated for the both of you. Just tell her." she said. 

"It's easier said than done." I sighed. 

"Okay. You and Taeyeon are both stubborn." she said standing up. "I like Sooyoung, but she's so damn slow." I looked at her confused. "I always act like I'm oblivious to everything, but I've always known. And I know, Taeyeon is in love with all the versions of yourself. And she can deny it all she wants, but she fell in love with you first. So I suggest you tell her the truth." Sunny told me and walked away. 

"Oh and a little secret," Sunny said, "She never lets anyone sit on our table, not even her ex-girlfriend." she winked at me and walked away. 

I guess it's time for me to tell her the truth. 

 

 

-------------

a/n: I'm sorry if there's any error.