Tired

Now I'm In Love

*Taeyeon’s P.O.V.*

We’re here at the parking lot, waiting for Yuri and Tiffany to come out. Minutes later, Yuri came out but with no sign of Tiffany.

“Hey what happened?” Yoona asked her. “You okay, Yul?”

“Yeah. We just got into an argument. But nothing we can’t handle.” she gave us a smile but we all know that it’s fake. “I’ll go ahead. I’ll see you tomorrow guys. Bye.” she fist bump each of us and went on her way home.

“What do you think happened in there?” Sooyoung asked.

"Let's just hope that it's nothing bad and can still be fixed." Sunny said hopefully. 

We all agreed and waited for Fany to come out.

“Where the hell is she?!” I stood up and groaned. “I swear if she doesn’t come out after a minute I’ll go inside and drag her out.”

“Easy there tiger.” Jessica said. “She needs time. With the look on Yuri’s face, I bet they had a big fight. Girls need their time to adjust their self you know.” She said ‘matter-of-factly’. “So chill out and just wait for her.” She said with authority in her voice.

“But she’s there like 15 minutes now.” I groaned.

“You act like a clingy girlfriend.” she teased.

"Am not!" I whined. 

"You so do!" she exclaimed. "Is that why you were so mad at the cafeteria earlier?" Her eyes widened as if she solved the biggest mystery of history. Then she pokes my tummy and I groaned. “You like Fany, don't you?” she laughed at my face and continued to poke my sides. "Come on, admit it!" she teased. I've had enough so I caught her wrist and hold them tight. Our faces were just an inch apart, and I swear I heard her breath hitched.

“I'll kiss you if you don't stop.” I told her and stared at her eyes and she gulped. I started to lean in and she closed her eyes, I looked down at her lips and boy were they kissable. "And I wasn't mad because of Fany." I told her one last time beforel I almost kiss her but changed my mind and settled to just tickle her. She laughed and squealed (dolphin scream) and tried to get out of my hold, but I held her tighter and tickle her more.

“Stoooop! Sorry, stop it. Taengooo!” she said in between her laughter. Taengo? 

“Not if you don’t take them back.” I continue to tickle her and her eyes are now glossy because of her laughter.

“Okay okay okay. You don't like her. Stop it.” She said laughing. And I stopped tickling her. Because of our tickle fight I didn’t notice Tiffany coming out of the school. Jessica pointed at Tiffany and I get out of my car to go to where Fany was.

“Hey. You okay?” I asked her. She shook her head and hugged me. “What happened in there?” I asked slowly.

“Nickhun and I broke up.” She cried. “And Yuri’s mad at me.” She added and hugged me tight. “I don’t know what her problem is but I know there’s something wrong with her.” she said. “And I feel like I did something to make her mad.” She cried. Stupid Yuri. 

“Listen. You did nothing, okay?” I assured her. “She’s just having a rough day right now. But don’t worry, she’ll come around.” I pat her head and caress her back.

"Group hug!" Sunny, Yoona and Sooyoung shouted and hugged us. Tiffany and I laughed at their silliness. 

We went home after that, Tiffany and Jessica in my car and Yoona and Sunny in Sooyoung’s car. The whole drive was silent, only the music playing in the radio can be heard. Ugh! It’s so silent!

“So…” I started. “Wanna grab some coffee?” I asked them both.

“You don’t drink coffee Taeyeon. Or have you forgotten that?” Tiffany replied.

“But you love them, so I’ll make an exception today.” I smiled at her and she smiled back. I turned to Jessica and she’s smiling at me. “How ‘bout you?” I asked her.

“I guess I’ll have to say no.” she said. “My foot really hurts and I need to get home early.” She reasoned.

“Are you sure?” Tiffany asked her. Jessica nodded and smiled at us.

“Where’s your house though?” I asked her. And she gave me her address and I entered it in my GPS.

“Hey Jessica…” Tiffany said. Jessica turned to her and looked at Tiffany waiting for her to continue. “I’m sorry for what Nickhun did to you.” she said guiltily.

“No need to be sorry. There’s nothing serious, and it’s not your fault. You don’t need to be sorry on his behalf.” Jessica said.

“But he’s my boyfriend.” Tiffany reasoned.

“He was your boyfriend.” Jessica pointed out. “Besides, even if he’s your husband, you don’t need to be sorry on his behalf. He made the mistake not you so he’s the one who need to apologize, not you.” She added. I smiled. This girl is something. 

“Thanks.” Tiffany said. And we’re already outside Jessica’s house.

“No need to thank me. I didn’t do anything.” She turned to look at me and punch my arm.

“Ow!” I exclaimed. “What was that for?”

“That was for tickling me.” She stuck her tongue out at me and laughed. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” She waved at us and made her way to their front porch. I smiled at her dorkness. I turned to look at Fany and she gave me a knowing look.

“Stop staring at me like that.” I said irritated and she laughed. “We’ve got something to talk about if I’m not mistaken?” I raised an eyebrow at her and she ducked her head.

“What really happened?” I started and she’s still not looking up. “We’re best friends. I guess I have the right to know what happened.” I told her seriously.

“You and Yuri are best friends, too. So you should ask her also.” She said.

“We’re going to talk tonight.” I told her. “So start talking.”

And she told me the whole story. Including the fact that Yuri shouted at her and she didn’t quite understand why she was so mad at her. Like, Yuri’s mad at her because she’s her. She didn’t understand what’s wrong for being her. And she told me that she cried because Yuri’s mad at her, and she called her stupid, and that Yuri shouted at her for the first time. Yuri’s right, though. She really is stupid. Not to mention, dense. I thought.

“So what do you think is Yuri’s problem with me?” she asked me.

“You’re stupid. That’s the main reason.” I told her truthfully.

“Why? I don’t really get it.” She ducked her head and gripped her hair in frustration. 

“I guess I’ll drop you off at your house and give you time to think.” I told her and she agreed.

After I dropped Tiffany at her house I went to Yuri's house and interrogate her.

“What the hell happened?” I asked her.

“Why ask when you already know the answer?” she questioned back. “I know she told you. And I know that you know why I did that.”

“You’re both stupid.” I told her. Why am I friends with stupid people? “Meet me at the park tonight. Same time, we need to talk.” And with that I left her house. I dialed Tiffany’s number and told her to meet me at the park.

“Why would I meet you at the park?” she asked. “I got a rough day today. Can’t you just go here and bring foods?”

“I would love to do that but no.” I replied. “Be ready at 6, I’ll pick you up.” And I ended the call.

-At the park

*Yuri’s P.O.V.*

I’m already here at the park; I’m 5 minutes early and its 6:15 already. Taeyeon’s 15 minutes late already. I waited 5 minutes more and then I decided to go home. I was going to stand up but I saw Taeyeon's car from afar. And she’s not alone, she’s with Tiffany. I stood there frozen and I was snapped out of my thoughts when Taeyeon spoke up.

“Hey man. Sorry to keep you waiting.” she told me. “Is it okay if Fany's here?” she innocently asked. As if I didn’t know it’s your plan all along. Talk my ! I thought.

“No, it’s fine.” I said with a straight face. Tiffany seemed nervous because she’s quiet and she’s playing with her fingers.

“So?” Taeyeon started. “How have you guys been?” she asked us both while grinning.

“Cut the crap Tae.” I told her sternly. “Just say what you wanna say.” I told her. And her face changed from playful to serious.

“Okay.” she said with her serious voice. “Stop this stupid silent fight.” she started. “You two are my best friend, and I don’t want you to fight with some stupid reason.” she finished frustrated.

I looked at Tiffany and she’s staring at me. She looked away and her cheeks turn crimson red. I smirked and stared at her longer.

“Will you stop staring at me?” She said directly at me.

“How can you be so sure that I’m looking at you?” I asked her with a smirk.

“I saw you from the corner of my eye.” She answered with sassed.

“I was looking at that girl in your way.” I pointed at the girl talking to some guy.

“Oh come on." She whined. “Is that supposed to be an excuse?” she said.

“Does that sound some kind of an excuse?” I smirked and she groaned.

“You’re unbelievable!” she groaned.

“Why?” I take my step forward toward her and smirk.

“One minute you’re mad at me and then the next you’re being cocky. What’s wrong with you?!” she exclaimed. “I was so damn worried because you’re mad at me. And I even cried because of you!” she shouted at me. And I was taken aback by her sudden outburst. She cried because of me?

“Okay.” Taeyeon butted in. “Let’s take it easy.” she gets between us. “I said talk not shout.”

“She started it!” Tiffany pointed at me.

“I did?! You were the one who’s dating some jerks!” I exclaimed.

“What’s that supposed to do with you?! It’s my life! I can date whoever I wanted to date.” She shot back.

“Well I don’t like you to date anyone else!” I shouted at her.

“Why?! You’re not the one who’s in control of my life!” she shouted back.

“Because I care about you!” I shot back.

“Really? Is that why you’re shouting at me right now and making me cry?” she asked tears flowing down her cheeks.

“Okay I guess this is a bad idea.” Taeyeon stands between us, again.

“No!” Tiffany shouted. I swear she’s so loud. I groaned. “I wanna know the real reason why you’re mad at me.” She pushed.

“Why do you wanna know?” I asked her. More calm than before.

“Because I care.” She said. “We three are best friends. And I feel left out because you two know the reason while I don’t.” she answered and her tears still streaming down her face. “I feel like I’ve done something big that made you angry.” She looked at me directly in the eye. Taeyeon was just there watching us and waiting for what’s coming next. “If you can just tell me what’s happening with that head of yours. I promise I’ll try to understand.” She said. I looked at Taeyeon and she nodded.

“I… I… I’m jealous.” I stuttered out. She looked shocked and she’s about to say something when I stopped her. “Wait. Let me talk.” She nodded and I continued. “I’m jealous because they can date you while I can’t.” I paused, “And I’m mad at you coz you can’t see what you mean to me. I’m mad at you coz you’re so oblivious to what feelings I have for you.” I looked at her and she’s still crying. “And I’m mad at myself for falling for you when I know that it’s impossible to happen.” I finished.

“I…” she started but I cut her off.

“I know. We’re friends and it can’t happen.” I said. “That’s why I’m mad at myself for falling for you.” I added. “I’m sorry.” I turned my heels away and started to walk away when I felt small arms hugged me from behind.

“You could’ve told me sooner.” She said and hugged me tighter. “I’m sorry I didn’t know.” She said and I turned to face her. I wiped her tears away and kissed her forehead.

“It’s fine. I understand.” I smiled at her and she smiled back. She looked at me and caresses my cheeks; I shut my eyes close to feel her hands caressing my cheeks. “Too bad we can’t be a thing, huh?” I said and she laughed. “Top disadvantage of being a friend. You can’t be a thing.” I told her.

“Friends can be lovers, too, Yuri.” She said. “You just need to ask them to know the answer.” She continued. “And you don’t need to assume all the time.” She finished and kissed my cheeks. I was about to kiss her when Taeyeon talked.

“Don’t make out in front of me now.” she smirked. “I’m so lucky I got my phone with me and I captured every ing sappy moment you’ve done." she said showing us her phone.

“Oh shut up.” Tiffany said and hugged her. "Come here Yuri. We got to do our group hug.” She said and I walked to them and hug them both. It was a bit awkward for Taeyeon and I but we didn’t mind because of Tiffany.

“Okay let’s stop this and go home.” Taeyeon said.

“You’re no fun.” Tiffany teased and we teased each other until we reach our car. Tiffany rode with me and Taeyeon rode by herself. I need to thank that jerk for this. I looked at Tiffany and I saw her smiling. I smiled at her as well.

*Taeyeon’s P.O.V.*

This day could be the most tiring day ever. I stretched and lay at my bed. I thought about what happened today and all I ever think about was the annoying girl. Did she saw what happened at the cafeteria today? Is she okay? I thought. And the next thing I knew, I was calling her and waiting for her to answer.

-calling Annoying Girl………

AG: Hello?

Me: Hey? Are you busy?

AG: I just finished taking a shower, so, no. I’m not busy.

Me: That’s great.

AG: Why did you call?

Me: Well I was just gonna ask how it is going with your mom.

AG: She’s pretty fine today. She’s with her high school friend this morning. So, she’s great.

Me: That’s great. Good to hear she’s doing fine.

AG: *giggles* is that really the reason why you called?

Me: Uh… yes? Why would I call you besides asking how your mom is?

AG: I don’t know. You tell me? *giggles*

Me: There’s nothing to tell.

AG: Okay. Whatever helps you sleep at night.*giggles*

Me: Good night.

AG: Okay, sorry. I won’t push it anymore. Please don’t sleep yet.

Me: *giggles* you’re crazy.

AG: So, how was your day?

Me: It’s tiring.

AG: Why?

Me: First reason, there’s this girl that always makes me laugh. I laughed throughout the whole time we’re together.

AG: So you like this girl? Ugh! I’m so jealous.

Me: *laughs* No. She’s just my friend.

AG: Okay. So what’s the second reason?

Me: We got into a fight with some jocks. God they’re so full of themselves.

AG: Tell me about it. I didn’t see you fight, though.

Me: Really?

AG: yep. I was at some place that time.

Me: And to think I thought you were there watching. Hmm.

AG: Didn’t know you were looking for me.

I swear I can hear her smirk.

Me: You wish. I just thought coz you said you always know what I do, so it’s just a bit surprising that you didn’t saw me fight.

AG: Well I was hurt so I go home early. Stupid foot. I slid at the stairs earlier. *groans*

Me: Poor stairs. Do you think the stair survived? *laughs*

AG: Ha Ha Ha. Funny.

Me: *laughing*

AG: Okay. Laugh all you want. Psh.

Me: *stopped laughing* Sorry. I hope you’re okay though.

AG: I’m fine.

Me: I still have the last reason though.

AG: You always had a last don’t you? *giggles*

Me: That’s how I roll.

AG: Okay Ms. Reasons, what’s your last reason?

Me: I’m tired.

AG: Really? That’s your finale?

Me: Yep. So good night there.

AG: Ugh. Fine. Good night Ms. Reason.

I hung up the phone and smiled. That girl is really something. I smiled at the thought. I played some music and let myself drift off to sleep.