Couples

Now I'm In Love

Chapter 12 - Couples

*Taeyeon's P.O.V.*

I watched as Jessica leave the room. I know she's hurt, but I can't stop her from leaving. I need to talk to the allegedly 'Annoying Girl' first. I've already made my choice. Jessica would just have to wait for the result. I have to be sure of something first. 

"Are you sure it's the 'Annoying Girl's' number?" I asked Yoona. 

"Yes. I even double checked it." she answered.

I looked over at Yuri and she had this confused look on her face. You and I both, Yul. I sighed. 

"Bring me to her." I told Yoona and she nodded.

"Yuri? Do me a favor and check on Jessica for me, please." I pleaded and she nodded. 

I left the room and followed Yoona to the auditorium, where the drama club is. When we entered the auditorium, only the president of the drama club and two other girls were there. I noticed that the two girls are wearing the middle school uniform. So they're from the middle school division. What are they doing here in highschool division? I thought. 

"Ms. Jung?" Yoona called out. A tall girl that looked familiar turned to us. Ms. Jung? 

"Jung?" I asked Yoona and she nodded. "Are you perhaps Jessica's sister?" I asked the tall girl. 

"Ahh, yea." she answered. "I'm Krystal Jung." she introduced herself. 

I nodded and smiled. That's why she was familiar. I saw her picture on Jessica's house. I just need to confirm something. 

"Can I talk to you, Krystal-ssi?" I politely asked her.

She nodded so I asked her to follow me. We went to the backstage of the auditorium. I looked at Krystal and thought of a plan to make her reveal herself. The truth.

"So..." she was looking at me, waiting for me to talk.

"So you're the girl that's been texting me?" she looked at me and nodded. "So your real name is Krystal?" I asked, slowly. If she took the bait, then I'll know the truth. 

"Uhh, yes. I'm so sorry you had to find out about it this way." she bowed her head in apology. 

"No it's okay. I just thought that your name is Min Young." I said slowly and studied her reaction. "Coz you told me that was your name." I finished.

I can see her confused look for a second and then her eyes widen. She took the bait. 

"Uhh, yea. Min Young. That was my first dog's name. I just can't risk for you to find out about me so I faked my name. I'm so sorry." she rumbled and I chuckled. Checkmate.

"So Jessica is my 'Annoying Girl'." I told her and she has her eyes widen. 

"What? I... I don't... I'm... I'm her." she stuttered and I laughed. She looked at my way and glared at me. Does their intense glare run in their blood? I thought. "Whatever. How did you even know?"

"I made up the name Min Young. She never told me her name." I smirked at her. "You took the bait."

"Damn. You're clever. No wonder unnie fell for you." she said and that made me smile.

"I tried my best." I coolly said. I saw her roll her eyes and I laughed. "You're like the perfect copy of your sister." 

"I tried." she said and I laughed. "Wait, you knew?"

"Yupp." I cheekily said. "Just a week ago, though." I explained. 

"And you're not mad at unnie?" she asked me and I shook my head. 

"I'm actually glad that she's 'Annoying Girl'. At least I didn't have to choose between the two of them." I explained to her. 

"Please tell me that's not what you're gonna tell Jessica-unnie." she said in a tone that I can't pinpoint. I may looked confused so she explained.

"She's gonna be so heartbroken when she found out that this is all about the 'Annoying Girl' again."

"What do you mean?" I asked her confused. 

"Unnie is right. You're really dense, and so inexperienced." Does this girl not know that she's younger than me? 

"Excuse me?" 

"I mean, come on. You can't tell unnie that the only reason you're forgiving her is because you're in love with the two of them. 'Annoying Girl' and Jessica-unnie are one person, but they're completely different." she said. "You still have to choose between the two of them." What? 

"I think I'm lost." she groaned. "Shouldn't I be glad that they're the same person? So I don't need to choose?" I asked confused. 

"NO!" she yelled at me. "Jessica-unnie is a real person, that is in love with you. 'Annoying Girl' on the other hand, is a fiction made by unnie. They're completely different from one another. You can't tell the real person, who's in love with you, that you're in love with the fiction made by them. And that the reason you're forgiving them is because of the fiction made by them." she explained and I think I kind of get her point. "You can't be in love with two person at the same time. You might think you're in love with the other one, but you're not. It's either this or that. You fell in love with the other one, and you wish the one you fell in love with is the other one." she explained. How old is this kid? 

"The question here is, who did you fall in love with?" she asked the dreaded question.

*Jessica's P.O.V.*

After Sunny left, Yuri showed up out of nowhere. 

"Who's the other one?" I knew she'll ask that. 

"Krystal borrowed my phone this morning." I explained and she nodded in understanding. 

"So, how are you?" Yuri asked me and I gave her a small smile. 

"Honestly? I don't know." I sighed. "Taeyeon was amazing today. She treated me like a princess. She even made me sit on your table. And I thought today was going to be perfect." I said and a sad smile was seen on my face. 

"She's just confused, Sica." my cousin said. "She's new to this feeling. She's never had anyone like you in her life. Not to mention, there's two of you." she explained and I sighed. 

"I'm scared, Yuri." I admitted. "What if she's more in love with the 'Annoying Girl'? What if she got disappointed with me?"

"She may be confused right now, but I'm sure she won't ever be disappointed with you." she said.

"But, what if she find out and leave me?" I asked. 

"She won't leave you, that I guarantee you." Yuri said.

"How can you be so sure of that? She'll know about it soon. Krystal is a bad liar." I groaned. 

"Have faith in your sister." Yuri chuckled. "She's a good actress." That she is. 

"Thank you." I said to the other girl. "I know you must've pulled something about the Halloween Ball." 

"Anything for you." she said. "Besides, I'm sick of wearing a costume anyway. And I told Fany I feel bad for our single friends. So she eventually said yes to the idea." So that's what happened. 

"You guys are such a er for each other." I said and made a disgusted face. 

Yuri laughed at me and shook her head. 

"Sunny knows." I told her and she froze. "She said she won't tell." 

"I knew that shorty is secretly clever." she said under her breath. "I'm sure she won't say anything. That girl always watch on the side and bet on what will happen."

"I figured." I laughed.

Yuri and I decided to go back to the student council room. On our way there, I saw Krystal and Taeyeon talking about something. I froze on my spot and Yuri looked at me confused. She followed my line of sight and she widen her eyes.

"Did Taeyeon fell on your sister's alibi or what?" she wondered. 

Taeyeon left Krystal's eyes and found mine. And as if we are in a movie, everything was on slow motion. She looked me straight in the eye, like she's staring at my soul. Yuri's talking beside me but I can't hear her. I didn't notice that I was holding my breath. That's what Taeyeon's effect on me. Taeyeon's eyes have something in them that I haven't seen before. It's so gentle that it made me feel guilty. I can see Taeyeon's lips turn upwards. I realized that she's smiling at me. She's giving me her smile like it's only for me. Exclusively for me. Jessica. I didn't realize that I was smiling and there are tears forming in my eyes. I'm so screwed. I'm in too deeply in love with this girl.

"Jessica!" someone shouted beside me trying to get my attention. Oh right. Yuri. 

"I'm sorry, what?" I said apologetically. 

"I thought I was talking to a wall." Yuri said and I apologized. "Let's go inside, people are looking at us weirdly." Yuri ushered me inside the student council room.

I looked at Taeyeon one last time and she gave me a wave with a grin on her face. I returned the action and made my way inside. 

"Damn, girl. You've got it bad." Hyoyeon said when I sat beside her. 

"Shut up." I groaned. 

"So what's your plan? Taeyeon's in love with you now." I looked at her. "Don't look at me like I have answers to my own question." she defends. 

"Your cousin is making it hard for me to hide." I told her and I heard her sigh. 

"I'm not gonna give you advice, coz you're not gonna follow it for sure." she said. "But, I think you should tell her the truth. She deserves to know." I was about to answer when she beats me to it. "I know you're scared, but you don't have to be. You started this, you need to finish this." she finished and I sighed. This is why she's my best friend. She's straightforward, she's never afraid not to sugarcoat things.

"And as much as I love you, she's my cousin. I don't want to see her being lost." she added. 

"I know. Just give me 'til the Halloween Ball. I'll tell her then." I told her and she nodded. "Promise me, though. That you'll be there for me."

"Always, Sooyeon." she promised. 

*Taeyeon's P.O.V.*

"That was one intense eye contact. Were you two always like that?" Krystal asked me. We're now at the hallway near the student council room. We were talking about our plan when I saw Jessica and Yuri. 

"Well, I guess you could say that. We always stare at each other a lot." I answered her. 

"Are you sure your plan's gonna work?" she asked me and I grinned. 

"Of course. It's foolproof." I confidently said. "Don't worry too much about it. Just don't tell your sister anything." I ruffled her hair and she grunted. 

"When she gets mad, I'm never part of this, okay?" she said and I laughed. 

"Okay. Promise." I told her grinning. "I gotta go now. I still got work to do. I'm not the student council president for nothing." I bid her goodbye and made my way into the student council room. 

When I get inside, I saw Jessica and Hyoyeon talking. I can see that Jessica is sad about whatever they're talking about. Yuri and Tiffany are at the other side of the room, flirting. Gross. I've decided to go to where Sooyoung is. She's looking outside the window with her feet propped up on the table. Woah, she looks serious. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Sooyoung was surprised that she almost fell on the floor. 

"Never do that again." she pointed a finger on me.

"But you always allow Sunny to do that." I smirked at her and she sighed. Okay, this is serious. "What happened?"

"Your cousin happened." she sighed and continued looking outside the window. I follow her line of sight and saw Sunny talking with a guy. Oh that's why she's so quiet. 

"That is the reason why you should tell her how you feel." I said to the girl who has frown on her face.

"But I'm scared. I don't wanna ruin our friendship. What if she doesn't feel the same way?" the tall girl voiced out her fear. 

"Hey. Come on, now. At least you told her how you feel. That's much better than keeping it in." I said. "You know that saying, "you'll never know unless you try"? She'll never know how you feel if you don't tell her anything. And isn't it much better to know that you've done everything on your part before giving up? What if she likes you, too? And she's just waiting for you to confess?"

"What if she doesn't like me?" she questioned. 

"Then at least you know. That's much better than being a coward. At least you know that you tried." I told her. I don't know if it helped, though. 

"Okay. I'll try that." she said and stood up. 

*Sooyoung's P.O.V.*

"Where are you going?" I heard Taeyeon asked me. 

"I'm gonna confess." I simply answered. "Thank you for that pep talk, by the way. You're much better than Yuri." I said and went out of the room. 

If Yoona can do it, I can do it as well, right? Yoona got hurt but is still standing, so I can do that, too, right? If Yuri can confess, I can do that as well, right? I hope I'll be lucky enough and end up like Yuri. 

As I was nearing the place where Sunny and the guy are, which is the entrance of the mini forest, I can feel my heart thumping so loud than I'm afraid it's going to come out of my body. I can see Sunny and the guy, which happened to be Song Joong Ki, laughing about something. That should be me. I should be the only one who can make her laugh like that. 

I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't notice that I already stopped in front of them. The two of them are looking at me weirdly. I can feel the heat went up to my face. I'm sure I'm as red as a tomato. Is this how Taeyeon and Jessica felt when we were teasing them? 

"Soo?" I heard an angel called out for me. I looked at her, wrong move, all my words are stuck in my throat. 

Without a second thought, I run inside the mini forest. This is so damn embarrassing. I hope Yuri and Hyoyeon won't find out about this. I run and run until I see a big tree. I've decided to rest there. Sooyoung, you stupid giant. Why did you even go there and got frozen like a mannequin. I searched my pocket for food, foods can calm me down. I panicked when I can't feel anything on my pocket. Damn it! I ate them already. I groaned and closed my eyes in frustration. 

I felt someone sit beside me. I didn't dare to open my eyes, I know who it is and I'm too embarrassed to face them. A minute later I can smell something delicious beside me. This damn shorty, she knows me too well. 

I peeked at the girl beside me. She's eating a damn sandwich. When she saw my eyes open she grinned and offered me her sandwich. 

"Why did you run like a maniac?" she asked me.

"Would you believe me if I said that there's someone chasing me?" 

"Nope." she simply answered. "There's no one behind you earlier when you stopped in front of Joong Ki and I." Bla bla and her. 

"So there's a you and him?" I asked her. 

"We're friends." Yea right. Those stolen glances he made were all friendly. 

"Sure." I sarcastically said. "I've heard that before."

"What do you mean?" the small girl asked me.

"Your ex-boyfriends. You said you were all friends, and a week after you are dating them." I bitterly said. 

"Well, they confessed." she calmly replied. 

"So you're saying 'yes' to those who confess to you?" What is happening with my mouth? Why am I blabbering nonsense?

"Well, yea. They're all practices for the one I'm waiting for." Wait what? 

"You're waiting for someone?" I asked her in shock. Gosh, now I can't compete. She's already waiting for someone. 

"Yupp. That person is so slow, though. That's what made her cute, though." she said and I can feel my heart breaking. 

"Oh." I'm too heartbroken to answer and think. 

"She's so dense. She doesn't get the clue that I like her, too. And she's always so jealous of my boyfriends. She doesn't know that I only date them to get a reaction from her. And when she did react, I always smile like a fool. She's so obvious, too! She always had a boyfriend after I've got myself a boyfriend. And then she'll break up with her boyfriend when I broke up with my boyfriend. The thing I like about her the most is, I don't need to be someone else when I'm with her. I can cry, I can smile, laugh, be crazy or whatever and still be confident that she would still see me for me." Sunny paused and breathed a sigh. "Unfortunately, though, she's so oblivious to everything." That person is so lucky. 

"Choi Sooyoung!" Sunny yelled at me and I jerked in surprise. "Find me when it all sinked in to your brain." Sunny stood up and made her way out from the mini forest. 

What was that for? It did sink on my brain. Why do you think my heart is breaking? She has someone she likes, and she's waiting for that person. And that person likes her as well. I sighed. 

I looked at the sky reminiscing our moments together. The reason why I fell for her. Sunny always have been true to herself. She's never afraid to be herself. That's one of the many reasons why I fell for her. She has a lots of qualities that are loved by everyone around her, including me of course. And she has qualities that's only shown in front of us, her friends. Wait. She? Her? A girl? My eyes widen in realization. Sooyoung you stupid giant! 

I stood up and ran away from the mini forest. That shorty! Such a sly fox. She knows I'm slow! I ran around the school searching for Sunny. I made my way into the student council room and surprised to find it empty. 

"Are you serious, right now? The only time I need them and they're nowhere to be found?" I muttered under my breath. 

I went to the cafeteria and didn't find her there. I ran around the school in hopes to find her. 

School cafeteria, nope. 

Bleachers, nope. 

Classrooms, nope. 

Hallways, nope. 

Staircase, nope. 

Field, nope. 

Mini forest, nope. 

Gym, nope. 

Where are they? I saw the drama club filing out of the auditorium. Ahh, the auditorium. I didn't check there, yet. I made my way inside and I saw Sunny on stage. 

"Yah! Lee Soongyu!" I called out her name shouting. "You know I'm always slow about those things! Why did you beat around the bush?!" 

I made my way to the stage and stood in front of Sunny. She was grinning at me like an innocent child. And that made my frustration vanished. 

"I'm sorry. Forgive me?" she pouted and I chuckled. 

"You know the moment I look at you, I already forgave you." I told her looking straight into her eyes. 

"I knew that." she said grinning. "So, I think you have something to say." she said and I rolled my eyes. 

"Lee Soongyu. I've known you since we were a child. You know everything about me, and I know everything about you. I fell in love with you the moment you smiled at me when I was scared back on 3rd grade. You became my light when I was in the dark. You became my everything." I inhaled and exhaled a breath of relief. "I never knew that it would feel good to release all of this. Taeyeon was right, it's a good feeling." I told the girl in front of me and we both chuckled. I can see a tear forming at the corner of her eye. "We're already passed the getting to know each other stage."

I looked at the girl in front of me. The girl that made me feel love. The girl that I'm in love with. That girl that's making me happy. My world. My everything.

"Lee Soongyu, Sunny, would you please make me the happiest person alive by being my girlfriend?" I finally asked her the question I've been wanting to ask her. 

I looked at Sunny and she has tears in her eyes. 

"Yes, you stupid giant." she hugged me and I hugged her back. I promise to never let her go. 

"I'm sorry I'm late." I said. "I love you."

"You are worth the wait. I love you, too." she said. 

*Yuri's P.O.V.*

I looked at the girl beside me and saw that she's watching Sooyoung and Sunny intently. I can see that she's smiling and that made me smile as well. We're on the audience seat, Hyoyeon, Jessica and Taeyeon are below as and Yoona is beside Tiffany and I. 

"I love you." I whispered in her ears.

She turned to look at me and grinned. She kissed my cheek and snuggled closer to me. 

"I love you, too." she whispered back. 

Tiffany and I are the first person who got together in the group. The process wasn't easy in anyway. We were like Sunny and Sooyoung at first. Tiffany was the oblivious one and I was the coward. No one was Sunny, we were both like Sooyoung. I'm always thankful for Taeyeon, if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have the strength to tell Fany how I feel. 

"Yeobo, they're so cute." she gushed and I chuckled. 

"Everything's cute for you." I teased and she slap my arms.

"It's because they are." she said in a whiny voice.

"You're the one who's being cute right now." I told her and I swear I can see her blush. 

"Stoooop it." she tried to cover her face but I held her hands. I made her turn towards me and kissed her lips. "What was that for?" she asked with a red tint on her cheeks. 

"Words aren't enough to describe how much I love you, so I tried to tell you through my kisses." I told the girl I'm in love with. 

"I love you, Yuri." she kissed me on the lips.

We were about to deepen our kiss when our friends stood up and clapped their hands. Tiffany and I stood up as well. It's official, Sunny and Sooyoung are now together. 

"Yay! Sunny!" my girlfriend yelled while clapping her hands. She's such a cutie. I subconsciously smiled at my girlfriend. 

I looked at my left and I saw Yoona trying to put a smile on her face. Oh yea, we still have that problem. I sighed and poked Yoona on her sides. 

"Cheer up. You're gonna get yours, soon." I told her and she sighed but nodded her head. 

"I hope so."

-------

*Yoona's P.O.V.*

I'm really happy for Sooyoung-unnie and Sunny-unnie. They deserve each other. The two of them just ckick. They're so similar yet opposite with each other. I wish I have that kind of connection with someone as well.

"Unnie?" someone called out behind me. Seo Joohyun. "I'm sorry, did I surprise you?"

"No, no you didn't. I wasn't lost in my thoughts or anything. I was completely present in this world. And I'm blabbering nonsense. I should stop speaking now." Dear Heavens, that's so embarrassing. 

The rest of my friends are now back in the student council room. I told them I'll finish up here, in the auditorium, and meet them at the parking lot. I didn't expect someone to be here other than me. 

"You're so cute, unnie." I heard Joohyun said while giggling. "I was just going to ask you if you're done here."

"Uh, yea. I'm just finishing the scripts and I'll be done." I told her. "You can go, I'll lock this for you."

"I'm actually waiting for you." She's what? "Yuri-unnie invited me to have dinner with you guys. She told me to wait for you. They already left." Ugh!

"She did?" I blurted out. "I mean, of course she did. And yea, I knew that." I awkwardly laughed and cleared my throat. "Can you lock this up for me? I just need to call someone." 

"Sure. No problem. You can go ahead, unnie. I'll just meet you at the parking lot." she said and I nodded. 
I dialed Yuri's number and waited for her to answer. 

"Ayo what's up Yoong?"

"What did you do? Why is Joohyun waiting for me? Why did you invite her to our dinner?"

"Hey calm down. Sooyoung told me to invite her. So I did."

"You guys really want me to be a blabbering mess all night."

"No we don't," Sure. "I mean, yea, kind of." I hear laughing on the other line.

"Am I on loudspeaker? Ugh! Unnie!" 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. They wanted to listen." Yuri apologised. 

"You can do it, Yoong!" I think that was Fany-unnie. 

"We'll behave tonight, we promise!" Taeyeon-unnie. 

"Yea, sure. We will!" Hyoyeon-unnie. I shook my head coz I know they won't behave. 

"I hate you, guys!" I laughed at them. "I'll see you guys later. Wish me luck!" I ended the call. 

I entered my car and listened to the radio. 

I'm nervous for tonight. Joohyun will be there. 

As I was waiting for Joohyun nervously, I saw Jung Yonghwa at the entrance of the school. The same guy that I saw Joohyun hugging the day I was about to confess. My heart sunk when I saw Joohyun exiting the school and hugging Yonghwa. I almost forgot about him. I sighed and leaned back on my seat. 

I closed my eyes and breathed out a sigh, for the hundredth time. I'm such an idiot. Of course she's with someone else. Someone as perfect as Joohyun wouldn't be single. And someone as perfect as her wouldn't want me. We're both girls. She would want a guy. I sighed, again. 

As I was lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice Joohyun walking towards my car. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the car door opening and saw Joohyun get in. 

"I'm sorry for making you wait, unnie." she looked at me with a guilty look. "My friend held me back, he just came back from the States." she explained. A friend? 

"Oh, did you have plans with him?" I asked her. I didn't want to be a bother. "I can just tell unnie that you have plans."

"Yoona-unnie, it's okay. I already said yes to Yuri-unnie." she said while putting her seatbelt on. 

I nodded and kept quiet. She did, too. This is one hell of an awkward ride. I tried to rid the awkward atmosphere by turning on the radio. And a rock song comes on, I know Joohyun is not fond of rock songs so I turned it off. 

"Unnie, it's okay if you wanna listen to a rock song. I don't mind." Joohyun said. I looked at her and shook my head. 

"No, no, no. I wasn't trying to listen to the radio, anyway." What? 

"But you turned it on." 

"Well, my hands did that." Oh gosh, I'm saying nonsense.

"...okay." she said. 

"I'm sorry. It's awkward, isn't it?" I apologized to her. 

"Not at all, unnie. I'm not feeling awkward at all." I don't know if that's sarcasm, but knowing Joohyun, I know she's sincere.

"You're really nice, Joohyun-ah." I subconsciously smiled. 

"You're really nice, too, unnie." she said politely. 

"I'm really not." I awkwardly laughed. 

"But you really are. You always help out in the drama club." she stated. 

"I am a member of the drama club." I told her. 

"Yes, that's true. But even though you don't have to do anything, you still do. So I think it's nice of you." she said in all seriousness. "And you always wait for me to finish everything before leaving." So she noticed everything? 

"I didn't want to leave you alone to do everything." 

"But it's my job as the president of the drama club, unnie." 

"Yes, but still."

"You're so cute, unnie." I can hear her giggle and that made me smile. Images of her and Yonghwa gone from my mind just by hearing her giggle. 

"I'm not cute. Taeyeon-unnie is cute. But me? I'm all things but cute isn't one of them." I denied. I'm not cute. 

"Hearing you say those things just made you even more cuter." she said and laughed. 

"I'm not!" I whined. And she laughed even harder. 

We spent the remainder of the ride teasing each other. We spent at least half an hour driving, when originally it only takes about 15 minutes to arrive to our neighborhood. I've been circling around the area of our neighborhood just to spend more time alone with her. I don't know if she noticed, tho, and if she did, she didn't say anything about it. 

"Okay, we're here." I announced to the girl on my passenger seat. 

"Thank you for inviting and giving me a ride, unnie." 

"No, thank you for accepting." Why are we being so formal to each other? 

We went out of the car, I opened the door for her. Joohyun and I walked side by side towards Sooyoung-unnie's porch. Joohyun was about to knock when I told her we can just come in unannounced. We opened the door and I saw no one. I called out their names and no one answered. That's weird. 

"I don't think they're here, unnie." Joohyun concluded. 

"That can't be right. They told me to go here." I said confused. 

"Or maybe they're still out buying foods." Yea right. 

I just nodded but I know that's not true. This is Sooyoung-unnie's house. This house is always jam-packed with foods. I told Joohyun to sit and make herself at home. I excused myself and went to the upper part of the house. 

"Unnie?!" I called Taeyeon-unnie. 

"Oh, Yoona-yah."

"Where are you, unnie? Joohyun and I are at Sooyoung-unnie's house."

"Oh, yea, about that..." I can hear ruffling on the other line like they're trying to steal the phone. 

"Unnie? Taeyeon-unnie?" 

"Yoonaaaaa!" someone shouted on the other line. 

"Im!" another one. 

"Yo slow poke!" That must be Sooyoung-unnie. 

"Yah! Stop destroying my phone!" Taeyeon-unnie. 

"Unnie?" I called out for them. 

"Yoona, we will be late. Try and talk to Joohyun. Entertain her or something." That was Tiffany-unnie. 

"OR CONFESS!" someone shouted.

I sighed knowing that they planned this. I ended the call and made my way down the living room. I gathered up my strength to finally confess. Now or never, Yoona. 

"Unnie, did you find them?" Joohyun asked me. 

I didn't answer her. I made my way towards her. Every step I take, I can feel my heart beats faster. I can see her, her lips are moving, maybe asking me if I'm alright. I can't answer her, I can't open my mouth. Coz I know if I do, I wouldn't be able to do what I'm planning to do. I just hope Joohyun won't kill me. 

"Unnie-" she wasn't able to finish what she was about to say as I held both her cheeks and slowly kissed her. 

At first it was just our lips touching. Not moving. My eyes are open, so are her eyes. We are staring at each other for too long that I'm afraid we'll both be cross-eyed. I closed my eyes and deepen the kiss. Joohyun was stood frozen on her spot for a moment. After she collected herself she began to move her lips with mine. I was surprised to say the least. I was expecting a different scenario, with more pushing and slapping. But Joohyun didn't push me away, in fact she held me closer, she has her hands around my neck, and my hands around her waist. I must be dreaming! 

I didn't want the moment to end, I didn't want to pull away. But, we're both humans who needed oxygen, so I reluctantly, slowly, pulled away. I rest my forehead on hers. I leave a kiss on her lips for one last time and hugged her close. I can feel her smiling on my skin and I can feel my lips grinning. 

"Unnie, you stole my first kiss." Joohyun bluntly said and I widen my eyes. 

"What?! Really?! Oh my gosh!" I started panicked evident on my face. "I'm so sorry, Joohyun-ah." I bowed.

I heard her giggle. I must look like an idiot. 

"Don't apologize, unnie. I loved it." she said rather shyly. My lips turned upwards. 

"Okay." I replied. "Oh, Joohyun-ah?"

"Yes, unnie?" 

"I stole your first kiss, you stole my heart. We're even, right?" I asked her while smiling shyly. 

I saw her smiling with tears b on the corner of her eyes. 

"Hey, don't cry." I wiped away the tears that are threatening to fall from her eyes. 

"This are tears of happiness, unnie. You don't know how long I waited for this moment." she said and I was surprised. Surprised is an understatement. Wow! 

"What do you mean? You feel the same way?" I asked rather dumbly. 

"Since we were in 6th grade, unnie. Ever since you saved me from my bullies, I already fell for you. So technically, you stole my heart first, unnie." Joohyun said that made me shocked even more. 

"You were the goguma girl?" I asked surprised. "I knew you were familiar!" I said.

Oh how fate works. Joohyun was the goguma girl from when we were in primary school. The same goguma girl who I always stare at before. I didn't have the confidence to ask her name before, and when I did, I heard that she transferred school. And I've never seen her since then. Until now. 

"Yes, unnie. I thought you knew." I have no clue. 

"I didn't. I just thought that you looked familiar but I never thought that it was you." I said dumbfounded.

"Anyway, so you feel the same way about me?" I asked her hopefully. 

"Unnie, how many times do I need to tell you? Yes." I still can't believe it. 

"Joohyun-ah, can I take you out on a proper date? Just the two of us, of course." Of course it'll just be the two of us, Yoona. What the hell is wrong with that question? I thought. 

"I would be honored, unnie." Joohyun smiled and I hugged her again. 

Wow, could this day get any better? I chuckled.

 

 

 

---------

a/n: I'm so sorry for the late update. School is kinda hectic right now. I'll try to find time to update. 

I'm sorry for grammatical errors and any errors. Hope you like it! Enjoy reading!! xx -K