Wait

Now I'm In Love

Chapter 13 - Wait


*Taeyeon's P.O.V.*


It has been two weeks when Sooyoung and Sunny got together, and when Yoona and Joohyun started going out. Man I'm the only one who's single in our circle of friends. Hyoyeon revealed to us that she's seeing someone, she met him when she was in China. And then there's Jessica. She doesn't know that I already know her secret.


Well, she could've known if her sister told her. But, fortunately, I convinced Krystal not to do so. I said that it could be my payback for hiding it from me. And I'm glad that she understood where I'm coming from.


Flashback (when Taeyeon and Krystal were talking in the auditorium)


"So?" Krystal just asked me who I fell in love first.


Honestly, I don't know the answer for that. Well, I think I know, but I'm not sure. 


"How would I know? I didn't even know that I'm capable of falling in love." I sighed. "One moment I'm enjoying their company, their presence then the next thing you know, I'm already falling in love without me knowing."


"Why are you old people so complicated?" Krystal groaned and I looked at her weirdly.


"Yah! I'm not that old." I retorted. "The situation is just that complicated."


"No, it's not." she groaned once again. "Let me ask you questions." she said and I signalled her to ask away.


Krystal instructed me to sit and I did.


"I want you to clear your mind, say the name of the person that comes into your mind. Whoever it is." she directed.


"Who's more comfortable to talk with?" Jessica. "I need you to answer me verbally, unnie." Krystal said irritated.


"Jessica." I honestly answered.


"Who was the first one that caught your attention?"


"Jessica." I've seen Jessica before and ever since she caught my attention.


"Whom do you want to eat those lunches in the bleachers with?"


"Your unnie."


"Whom do you picture in your mind when you're talking to the 'Annoying Girl'?"


"J-Jessica," I shyly admitted.


"Who's the one you want to confide with?"


"Sica."


"Who's the last person you think of before you go to sleep?"


"Uhmm, Jessica? Just because she's the last person I talk to every night." I explained.


"Whom do you feel the most comfortable with?"


"Jessica."


"Whom do you enjoy their presence the most?"


"Jessica."


"Whom do you want to hug when you're down?"


"I always run to Jessica."


"Who was the first person that made your heart skip a beat?"


"Jessica." I absentmindedly said.


Krystal's questions was fast so I just say whoever was on my mind. That last question caught my attention and so did Krystal, as I saw her grinning smugly towards me.


"See? Easy." she boast as she blow on her nails.


"Daebak!" I said amazed. "So all this time, I'm in love with your sister?"


"Yes. You just can't admit it, because of fear." she said.


"Seriously? How old are you?" I asked in amazement.


"Still younger than you, unnie." she said chuckling.


When I get over my surprise, I quickly asked Krystal for a favor. To never tell her sister what we talked about here. 


"Why?" she asked me.


"I'm planning on telling her at the ball." I explained. "Besides, she owe me this one. So she can wait a little bit longer, right?"


"Well, yea. But, how am I gonna explain to her how I got away from being 'Annoying Girl'?" she asked and I smirked.


"I already thought of that. Just tell her that you told me that the number wasn't yours. Tell her that you told me it was your cousin's that's also studying here. And then I'll tell her that I don't think the 'Annoying Girl' is you." I explained.


"So I'll lie to my sister? But she knows me when I'm lying." she informed me.


"Free lunch for the whole year for you, if you manage to convince your sister." I bribed her.


I can see Krystal's eyes widen, then her lips turned upwards. I smirked at that.


"Deal!" she said shaking my hand. I laughed at her silliness.


End of Flashback 


Thanks to Krystal, I finally figured it out. 
Tonight is the night. The Halloween Ball. My plan has already been set. I've already talked to my friends, and I'm surprised that most of them already knew. Hyoyeon talked to me about it. She told me to never hurt her best friend. I said I'll try, as I don't know what the future holds. I just hope that we'll end up together. 


"You ready, man?" Yuri asked me.


Yuri, Yoona, Sooyoung and I decided to fix ourselves in my house. As we act as men in the relationship, so the other girls are at Tiffany's house. We agreed to meet at school, as the ball is a no partner theme.


The four of us are wearing a man suit. I don't know what Jessica would be wearing as we didn't really talk to each other the past few days.


"I'm good." I replied. "Are you all ready? Let's go."


We made our way out of the house. I decided to be the designated driver as I'm the only one who's single.


------


At school


We've met up with the rest of the girls, all except for one, I can't find Jessica. The eight of us went inside the ball room and did things assigned to us. We are the student council after all.


While doing my assigned work, I can't help but notice that Jessica has yet to reveal herself. With her masked on or her masked off, I know her. And I'm sure I haven't seen her yet. I have this strange feeling in my stomach that's making me uncomfortable, so I made my way to where Hyoyeon is, as she is living in Jessica's house.


I spotted the girl with a green hair in the crowd, dancing. I grabbed Hyoyeon by her arms and dragged her on the side.


"Where's Sica?" I asked my cousin. 


"She's not here, yet? She didn't come with me to Tiffany's house. I'm sure she's somewhere around here." she patted my back.


"You know what to do, right?" I'm nervous about the surprise for Jessica. "I'll be at the roof, just bring Jessica there." I told her.


"I know, I know. I was there when we were planning this, you know." my cousin replied. "Go. I'll find her for you."


"Thank you, Hyo." I kissed her on the cheek and made my way outside, towards the rooftop.


The plan was simple, really. Hyoyeon will tell Jessica that some random girl dragged me towards the rooftop, claiming that she's the 'Annoying Girl'. And if Jessica doesn't follow me, I'll have Yuri and Sunny convince Jessica that she'll regret it if she doesn't follow me. And if she did follow me, I have prepared a table for two here at the rooftop. With lights and all that romantic stuff. And with my signal, my friends will light up a firework. I'm that extra. I chuckled with that thought.

 
Now, all I need is Jessica. I looked at my watch, it's 8:22 p.m., the party started at 7:30 p.m. Jessica is really late. I hope nothing bad happened to her. I sat down at the couch and looked at the sky.

I remembered the first time I saw Jessica, I thought she was really beautiful. I smiled at the memory. 
I saw Jessica when we were in middle school. Yupp, you read that right. I've noticed Jessica before. And I've always thought that she was really beautiful. Gorgeous, even. She was always with my cousin, Hyoyeon.

I remember that Hyoyeon always made me stay at the mini park in our school every afternoon, and coincidentally, I always see Jessica passing by. She has always her head down so I never saw her eyes.

That became my routine, I always stay at the mini park even though Hyoyeon didn't ask me to.
I never told anyone about it. As I didn't see the need to tell anyone about my little secret. I feel like my routine every afternoon is for my knowledge only. I have this weird urge to hide Jessica from my friends, even though I don't know her in the first place. Looking back, I think it was me who was interested in her at first. 


And then came my first year in highschool, it was a few days before Christmas, Hyoyeon asked me to stay behind and wait for someone in the bleachers.

 
Flashback


"Hey, cousin." my cousin Hyoyeon called. 


I'm at the library, reading a book. It's only a few days before Christmas so we don't have anything to do. 


"What do you want from me?" I asked my cousin uninterested. 


"Can you do me a favor and stay behind later? Can you wait for me at the bleachers?" my cousin pleaded. 


I rolled my eyes. I've heard this before. 


"I'll leave when I get bored, so don't be too late." I stood up and ruffled her hair. 


"Is that a yes?" she asked in shock. 


"Buy me a chocolate cake after." I waved at her.


I looked at my watch, seeing that it's already 3 o'clock in the afternoon, I made my way towards the bleachers. 


It's weird but I can feel my lips turning upwards. This is weird. Half of me is expecting Hyoyeon's friend to show up and half of me is saying that I shouldn't get my hopes up. 


"This is so not me." I muttered under my breath. 


When I reached the bleachers, I sat down at the seat near the railings. I propped up my feet on the railings and observed my surroundings. Moments later, I saw Hyoyeon's friend walking towards me. I put on my poker face, to not let her notice that I'm excited. A disappointed look had made in my face as I saw her running away from where I am. I guess she's still not ready to introduce herself. The whole time I spent waiting for her in the mini park back when we were in middle school, I've never seen her eyes as she has always had her head down.


"You've made me wait all this time, yet, I don't even know your name." I sighed.


End of flashback


A sad smile has made way on my face. If she just looked up that time, she'll see me looking at her. And I shouldn't have been in a relationship with Sunmi. I sighed.


"'Til when are you gonna make me wait, Jessica?" I looked up at the sky and sighed.


I remembered the first time I heard Jessica's voice. It was at the auditorium when we were in first year highschool. It was our first month in highschool. 


Flashback 


The drama club just finished their performance. My friends and I watched it because Yoona is part of the drama club. BoA-unnie, the president of the drama club is a good friend of mine. She's the only one who knows that I was the one who wrote the storyline and their script. 


The drama was about a shy girl and a boy who's a 'go-with-the-flow' type of guy. The guy is always watching and observing the girl while the girl is too shy and is always looking down, so she never noticed that the guy is looking at her way. To cut the story short, the guy took the initiative and ended the girl's misery. He confessed and the girl accepted. I didn't notice that I wrote my own desire. My desired ending on what's happening in my own life.


I saw Hyoyeon and her friend, I told my friends to go ahead as I want to sleep inside the auditorium undisturbed. I took a seat at the center aisle, it was dark so no one will notice me here. I saw the rest of the drama club leaving, except for Hyoyeon and her friend. I paid them no mind and let my body sleep. 


A sweet melody woke me up from my slumber. I opened my eyes and saw Hyoyeon's friend on the stage playing the piano. I then heard her humming, and then finally, I heard her sing. Damn! She can sing. I can't take my eyes off the girl singing. As I was listening, I realized that she's playing Almost by Tamia.


I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize that she's done playing. A nughty grin made it's way on my face when I thought of an idea. I hid on the seats, I made sure that I can still see her, though.


"Excellent!" I yelled while clapping my hands. 


I saw Jessica jumped on her own seat. She did not expect that.


"Don't be so jumpy, Miss." I told her, still hiding. 


"Who's there?" she asked to no one in particular. 


"You can call me Chan Young." It's the name of the guy in the drama I wrote. 


"So am I Bo Na?" she asked in sarcasm.


"Why? Are you as shy as her?" I asked. 


"Sometimes, yea." she answered. 


"Off topic, but, your voice is really nice." I complimented 'Bo Na'.


"Thank you. But, you owe me a song." she said and my brows furrowed. "You heard me sing, it's just fair that I hear you sing as well."


"Maybe if your lucky in the future, then yea, okay." I told her.


"I'll hold you onto that." she said. "I'm leaving now, Chan Young. My friend is waiting for me."


"I'll see you around, Bo Na." I raised my hand for her to see and waved at her. 


I heard her laugh and heard her muttered a 'dork' before leaving. I stood up and grinned. 


"Dork, huh. Interesting." I muttered under my breath. 


End of flashback 


Looking back, I realized that it was me who hid first. Though she never seek who Chan Young is. I laughed at the irony. 


I heard footsteps coming and that made me stood up. The door opened and Hyoyeon stumbled inside.

 
"What are you doing? Where's Jessica?" I asked her. 


"No time to explain, go! Yuri will explain in the car." she pushed me towards the door that I almost lost mu balance.


I hurried up towards the parking lot where my car was. I saw Yoona and Joohyun outside and they told me to hurry up. I went inside my car and saw Yuri at the driver seat. Sooyoung, Sunny, and Tiffany were at the back seat.


"Can someone ing explain what's happening right now?" I yelled frustrated. 


They're making me nervous. 


"Jessica's leaving tonight, she texted Hyoyeon just now. It was a last minute call." Tiffany explained calmly. 


"Her mother's in a terrible condition, and her father arranged their flight for tonight." Sunny added. 


"Their plane's leaving at 10 tonight." Sooyoung finished.


"Sit back and relax, don't worry, we'll catch them." Yuri assured me. 


No. She's leaving? Fate's really being cruel to the both of us. 


"She'll leave temporarily, okay? She'll come back." Tiffany assured me. 


I didn't notice that there's tears threatening to fall at the corner of my eyes. I should have told her earlier, I should have talked to her before. Now, she's leaving and I don't know if everything will be the same when she comes back. 


"Yuri faster!" I finally said. 


When we reached the airport, I ran as fast as I can inside. Tiffany's parents own this airline so we got inside with no problem. I looked at my watch and noticed that we only have 20 minutes to find Jessica. 


I tried to call Jessica on her phone but the call won't connect. I tried to call Krystal and the same thing happened. I decided to call the 'Annoying Girl' and it rung. 


"Taeyeon?" the girl on the other line said. 


"Where are you?" I asked while running around. 


"I'm at the airport as of the moment."


"Where exactly," I looked around me and noticed that I'm near the waiting area. 


"Uhmm, I'm sitting at the waiting area. I'm leaving tonight." She's somewhere around here. 


"Wait for me there. Don't you dare move and leave me!" I shouted. 


"What-" She didn't finish her sentence as I stood in front of her. 


"Caught you." I told her. 


"What? When? How?" she stuttered. 


I didn't answer her. I hugged her tight. I felt her hugged me back. This is so not part of my plan. I thought. 


"Come back safe." I whispered in her ear. "Don't make me wait any longer."


"Taeyeon," she sighed. I felt her hugged me closer. "I'm scared."


"She'll be alright. Your mom's strong, remember? She raised you up." I tried to comfort her. 


I can hear her sob and that made me hug her even tighter. I rubbed her back trying to soothe her aching heart. I broke the hug and kissed her forehead. 


"Listen to me, your mom's one of the strongest woman I know. She'll get through this, and you're gonna be there for her. Your mom's a fighter."


"Yea. She really is strong." she answered. 


I wiped the tears on her face and looked at her. 


"You're strong." I told her. "You'll come back here, with your mom."


She tried to fight back her tears and so I hugged her again. We hugged each other until Jessica calmed down. I looked at my watch and noticed that there's only 5 minutes left for her departure. I looked around, still hugging Jessica, and saw my friends. Tiffany is hugging Krystal, Sooyoung is back hugging Sunny while watching us and Yuri is talking with Jessica's father patting his back. 


I broke the hug when I sensed that Jessica has calmed down. I looked at her and gave her a small smile. 


"We'll talk when you get back. Don't worry about everything that has happened here. I want you to focus on your mom." I told her while fixing her hair.

 
"But," she sighed. "I owe you an explanation." 


"I know. That's why we'll talk when you get back."


"I don't know when I'll be back, Taeyeon." she told me gloomily. 


"I can wait, Jessica. If you're not aware, I really have a long patience." I tried to joke. 


She slapped me on my arms and I laughed. 


"I'm gonna miss you, though. School will be boring without you." I told her. 


"I'm gonna miss you, too." she looked at me with a soft and tender eyes. 


"Don't contact me, though." I told her and I can see that she's surprised. "A lot has happened these past few months, let's look back and think things through. I want us to be sure about this, whatever this is." 


"Okay. Let's do that." she said smiling.


I held her hands and brought it up to my lips. I kissed her hand while looking at her. I heard the intercom saying their flight. 


"I'll see you around, stranger." I let go of her hands and stepped back. 


"Wait for me." she gave me a small smile. 


"Always." I smiled back.


She turned around and made her way towards her family. I watched her leave with a smile on my face. Jessica and I know, that whatever happens in the future, we'll always be where our heart wants us to be. We'll go wherever fate leads us to. I just hope fate won't be that cruel towards us. 


I made my way towards where my friends were. When we got outside the airport towards our car, I felt my phone vibrated. 


Annoying Girl: I'll see you when I see you. -Jessica.

 

--------

a/n: I hope you won't kill me. Bear with me everyone. Lol. I hope this doesn't seem rushed. I'm sorry for the late update, I'm really busy with school. 

Btw, the next chapter would be the last one. 

P.S.

Taengsic's concert yesterday was so... I'm speechless. It's actually the reason why I updated. Lol. I hope you enjoy reading. I'm sorry for the errors. xx -K