People Change

Now I'm In Love

*Taeyeon’s P.O.V.*

I’m currently in my last subject to lunch, Science. 15 minutes more and it’ll be lunch time! I’m not even excited. I felt someone tapped my shoulder, and when I turn around, I came face to face with this pretty girl.

“Uh… Do you have an extra pencil? I left mine in my locker.” she said. I gave her the pencil that I was holding. “Thanks.” She said. I ignored her and continue to sit there and do nothing.

I saw the girl frown at the corner of my eye I looked at her and smiled at her. She gave me a shy smile and looked at the front. What the hell is happening to me? I just smiled at that girl. I was snapped out of my thoughts when the bell rang. I quickly stand up and made my way to the cafeteria. I greet my friends and told them I’m skipping lunch. They didn’t ask questions and just continued eating.

When I reached the bleachers, all I saw was a chicken sandwich and a letter. I opened the letter and read it; it was from the annoying girl.

Dear Taeyeon,

                Hey. Sorry if I’m not there today. But I got you the chicken sandwich. I made that especially for you. Don’t worry, it doesn’t have a poison or love potion. I guess you’re wondering why I’m not there? I guess I’m not yet ready for you to meet me. I’m annoying and I’m a nerd and I don’t even know how to dress casually. I’m loud; you probably don’t want to be near me. Okay, before anything else, I want to say ‘hi’ again and you look good today with your cap. I must’ve crept you out. Lol. To clear things up. I am not a stalker nor some kind of a e, I’m just saying you look good today. Gosh! I’m rambling; okay have a good day Taeyeon! Xx

-the annoying girl

P.S.

Eat your sandwich coz I’m telling you that taste delicious. Restaurant foods will be shy to be compared to that. Kidding! Xx

I smiled and laughed at the letter. She’s really crazy.

“If you don’t stop laughing all by yourself, one might think you’re going mental.” Someone said and I almost jumped out of my seat. “No need to be jumpy.” I turned to look at the person and I saw that she’s the one who borrowed my pencil from my science class.

“What’re you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in the cafeteria and eat?” I told her.

“I could ask you the same thing.” She shot back.

“I have my chicken sandwich here. I don’t feel like eating in the cafeteria right now.” I told her.

“Well, me too.” She said. “I’m Jessica. Jung Jessica.” She reached out her hand for me to shake. I stared at her for a minute contemplating if I should shake her hand or not. What could go wrong? I thought. “Well, don’t leave me hanging here.”

“Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon. ” I shook her hand and smiled at her. “Nice to meet you Jessica.” She smiled and said, “You, too.”

“So?” she started. “This is the first time I saw you here, alone.”

“I’m not feeling staying at the cafeteria today. Besides, I’m here to meet this annoying girl that keeps texting me. But she ditched me and decided to leave this chicken sandwich for me to eat. Oh, and she left this letter as well.” I explained. “How ‘bout you? This is the first time I saw you here today.” I asked her.

“Well, just like you. I don’t feel like staying at the cafeteria as well. And, it’s quiet out here don’t you think?” she stated.

“Yeah. That’s why Yuri and I always come here after we finished eating. It’s soothing here.” I told her.

“I have to agree with you on that. But there’s more soothing place than here.  Come here, I’ll show you.” She said and told me to follow her. I followed her and next thing I know we’re at the rooftop of the school. The air is fresh and the view is gorgeous, you can see the whole school from up here. You can also see the view outside the school. “I always come here to think.” She said. She’s looking at the students running.

“I guess I’ll have to agree with you with the fact that this is more soothing than the bleachers.” I smiled at her. “Don’t be surprised if sometimes you come here and you could see me sleeping at the corner.” She smiled and nodded.

“I just wish that you won’t tell this to the other kids. This is the only place that I only know, well, now you know so that makes us two.” She sighed.

“Don’t worry. I don’t talk to the other kids, well, except with my friends.” I said. “But don’t worry, they won’t even think going up here.” I reassured her.

“I guess there’s nothing to worry, aye?” she smiled and I nodded. “So tell me about yourself.”

“I’m human.” I told her. She rolled her eyes and I laughed.

“I meant not the obvious things about you. But the things that people don’t know about you.” She said and she laughed as well. “Okay stop.” She said when our laughter died down.

“Okay, okay.” I said. “I love peaceful places, I love things that are magical." I looked at her. "And I hate girls.” I told her.

“You hate girls? Then, why are you talking to me?” she asked.

“I actually don’t have an answer with that.” I told her honestly. “I guess you’re not like the other girls who are obsessed with me.” I told her.

“Obsessed? Really?” she looked at me in disbelief.

“Yeah. I don’t get a day without girls clinging into me. Like they always cling to me like I’m theirs.” I sighed. “There’s this one time that there’s two girls who fought each other because the other girl kissed me in the cheek and the other girl got mad and they started to fight and I was there just staring at them, but inside my head I was like, ‘What the hell is their problem? I’m not theirs for crying out loud.’ So I walked away and ignored their "bloody" fight.” I said and she laughed.

“Dude. You’re big time. I guess I need to keep my distance from you, huh? Don’t want them to attack me from behind.” She said and laughed. I smiled at my sight; she’s cute when she’s laughing.

“Don’t even think distancing yourself. Not when I’m comfortable talking to you.” I told her seriously. She smiled and nodded. We stayed longer talking and getting to know each other.

“I guess we need to keep going, it’s 10 minutes left 'til the bell rings.” She begins to walk and I followed her.

“I’ll see you around?” I asked her when we reached the ground floor.

“No. I’ll see you in our next class.” She smiled at me and laughed at my confused look. “We literally have all the same classes.” She said. “I’ll go ahead, I’ll see you there. Don’t want those admirers of yours to cut my head.” She laughed and I smiled at her.

“Don’t worry, you’re safe with me.” I said unconsciously. She seemed shocked and I smirked. “I’ll see you there, Jessica.” I said and walked away.

I went to my locker first and get my things, I started to walk my way to my room when I felt my phone vibrated.

Unknown Number: Hey. I hoped you got a good lunch. Is my chicken sandwich good? Or nah?

Unknown Number: I’m sorry if I didn’t show up. :(

I ignored it and walked my way to our room. When I reached our room, I saw Jessica talking with some of her friends, I think. When she finally saw me, she smiled at me and I smiled at her back. At the corner of my eye I saw Yuri eyeing me suspiciously.

“What the heck was that?” she asked me when I got seated.

“What was what?” I ask innocently.

“You just smiled at that girl. Are you sick or something?” Tiffany butted in.

“Can’t I just smile to a person?” I asked them.

“Yes. She’s a girl.” Tiffany pushed.

“You are a girl.” I stated.

“I am your friend.” She shot back.

“Well,” I looked at Jessica and she’s looking back at me. “She is my friend.” I saw Jessica blushed and I smiled at her, she smiled and continued talking to her friends.

“Wow!” Tiffany and Yuri said at the same time. “What happened to you?” Yuri asked.

“Why?” I asked them.

“Don’t you remember that you hated girls except for your friends and your mom and sisters, and cousins?” Tiffany explained. “And may I remind you that you don’t talk with other girls and became friends with them in just an hour?” she stated.


“Well, I guess, people change.” I told them smiling.