Chapter 6

Once an Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You know you can stay right?" I asked my boyfriend as he put on his shoes by the door. "I can. But I won't."  He stood up and fixed his clothes before facing me with a soft smile.

"I have to go. We have training today." pinching my cheek gently, he showed me his puppy smile before he opened the door and we both got out so I could take him to their dorm. 

"And...you know, that I could just take a cab right?" He asked when I unlocked the car with the remote key and ran to the driver's side. "It's the little things oppa. Come on. Let me drive you." I pouted.

He sighed in defeat, nodding his head as he opened the door for me. "Always a gentleman." I grinned at him who simply let out a shy laugh before running to the passenger's side and getting in. 


"So. What do you want to tell me?" He asked when we got out of my neighborhood and to the road. For a second there I froze. How did he know? "By this time, you still think I can't tell when you're hiding something from me?" He chuckled, cupping the back of my head then placing that same hand on my head rest while patiently waiting for me. Quickly, I picked up my senses and tried to fix my story. Ahh. Seriously. Why am I so nervous?

"You remember Lucas?" I started. "The big eyed flirt who was looking at you before? Yeah I remember."  He said. Inwardly choking, I almost burst out laughing at his description. So much for a first impression.  

"Well. He hit on me again. Last night. At the Cafe." I paused. "People are saying things about me and a certain... someone." "Is 'someone' Lucas? or Wonwoo?" He asked, his tone not angry, but not cool either. I can't really tell. He's just...calm.

"Someone is no one." I answered. "Though Lucas asked if I was together with Wonwoo and I immediately said no, that's why he hit on me right away." Pausing to glance his way, I caught his eyes to find that he was looking at me this entire time. "Hansol rescued me. So it was all good." I said, swallowing the invisible lump in my throat that is my fear. 

"But that's not what you wanted to say." He said, taking back his hand and clasping it with his other hand. Placing them in between his open knees, he turned and looked ahead. "Wonwoo asked Seungkwan a favor... To spread the word about me not being single." There. I finally said it... Well that was easier than what I imagined. 

"Does Seungkwan know about me?" He asked, almost in a whisper. Sighing I answered, "No. He doesn't. He thinks that Wonwoo asked that favor so no one else would like me." "So that no one else would like you other than him you mean."  He muttered bitterly. And even though he turned grumpy, I still feel glad that he didn't burst nor jump to conclusions like when we fought before.

"Why are you smiling?" He asked, finally showing me how annoyed he really is. I shook my head, but the smile on my lips wouldn't leave. "I'm happy you listened to me till the end." I said. Then, it was his turn to sigh. He took my hand from the steering wheel and locked his fingers with mine. He then raised them to his lips and kissed the back of my hand. "I learned from last time." he muttered to my hand. 

"So that's all then?" he asked. At the stoplight, I stepped on my brakes stopping the car and turned to face him. I nodded my head and showed him how happy and relieved I was, which made him smile also. "Thank you for telling me." He said, kissing my forehead. "I should've told you sooner. Sorry." I said, feeling his lips not leaving my forehead as I apologized. 

And that was that. Issue resolved. Chest relieved. I feel a lot lighter with that off my chest. Thinking about it know, I feel silly for being so scared that he would get mad again when I didn't even give it a try. 

***

After dropping him off, I went back home to see that Dahyun and Hansol were already awake and still had bed hair. They made themselves comfortable by cooking breakfast for us. "Where's Daniel?" Hansol asked. "They have work today." I sighed in delight. 

Even though I left my job, I still feel like I'm not missing out on anything. Surprisingly, Rae eonnie and Minah eonnie always check up on me and I to them. Plus, I've become really close friends with the boys. Heck, I'm even dating one of them. 

If I looked back at my worries during the earlier months of this year, It was foolish of me to be worried so much about what happens next when I quit my job. But now that it's actually happening, It feels like I didn't leave at all. I still get a backstage pass, I get inside content, I still talk to all of them. Now that I think about it, I changed so much from just one job. And it's all thanks to those boys...

Breakfast was pleasant. Dahyun really knows her stuff when she cooks. I should probably learn from her..  I've been living alone for a long time now and I still don't know much about cooking. Baking on the other hand, I do much better. 

We are best friends and I tell them almost everything every time something happens, so catching up wasn't really an option for us. Talking about the past however, we did. Even going through our old pictures and videos of us performing and doing stuff. Even I'm surprised at how many memories we had outside school. 

I remember rarely going out other than when I went to school because my parents were so strict. I'm not a savage child. I go out with my family, our family friends.

But going out alone with my friends, didn't happen that much. I actually didn't feel my freedom and my youth until college happened. Maybe that's why everything still scares me. 

I didn't notice I spaced out on the couch while Dahyun and Hansol went upstairs to prepare to go out. I on the other hand, passed time with my phone. And when they were done, we all went out of the house. 

"Where to?" Hansol asked me when I simply grinned and pulled them to the car. There was one thing I missed doing, and I'm sure they miss doing as well. And that's playing around, so...


"The arcade? Really?" Dahyun asked me. I nodded vigorously and looked up at Hansol who was biting back his grin. But I by poking his arm and he finally let out that laugh. "Honey, come on. It's been a long time." He convinced Dahyun with a pout  but she turned to him with narrowed eyes. "You played last week."

"This is with Eun. Come on. We'll play your favorite." He pulled Dahyun's and my hand to go inside while I just grinned back at my bestfriend who finally let out a smile. 

We spent a good afternoon playing tons of games. Among them being counter strike which is Dahyun's favorite game, and racing games which is Hansol's. Running around, shouting when we missed, and laughing at our clumsy moments, I'd say we had a great time playing. It felt like how it used to be back in Highschool. Finally we went to my favorite game, the punching machine. 

We took turns punching the huge boxing foam. Dahyun went first then Hansol, then me. When my record went higher than theirs, Hansol went for another go. Men, haha. But I wanted to surpass his score again so I went for another go as well. Until the moment I went for the punch and sighed in defeat, only then did the day start to get interesting. 


"You sure have a lot of anger inside you." I turned to the voice and looked at him, as did my friends. "Sunbae." I gasped. He took a deep breath and nodded his head once, " 'oppa'. But I'll let this one pass." Wonwoo smiled. 

"Oh. Right. Guys..." Pulling Hansol and Dahyun to my side, I introduced them to my senior. "This is Wonwoo oppa. A close senior of mine." my friends bowed their heads in respect, stretching out their hands for a shake as well. "Oppa, these are my friends, Dahyun and Hansol." 

"You said he looks okay? This is okay to you? He's freaking gorgeous." Dahyun whispered to me while Hansol and Wonwoo oppa started small talk. "Dahyun, Not.now." I said through gritted teeth. Ugh. This girl. 

"What brings you to the arcade?" I asked, smiling at him when I suddenly remembered how mad I was when I last saw him. He let out a huge sigh. "Blowing off steam, I guess? Exams were super hard." I chuckled. "Tell me about it." I muttered to myself. Then there was this split second of dead air between us that bothered me so bad. I hate awkward silence. It's just so....awkward. 

"Are you with someone?" I blurted just to get rid of this atmosphere. He looked at me weirdly. His brows knitted and he had this weirded out smile when he heard my question. What's with the smile though? "I was with Soonyoung. But he just left." he answered. "Oh. You can hang out with us." Dahyun said sound

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter