Chapter 8

Once an Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

November 1, 2018, 2:38 PM

It's been a week since we told Manager-nim about our relationship. Nothing really bad or major happened. We just...

 

"So you're telling me...that this has gone behind my back for the past year?" Manager-nim said, resting his chin on his hand while he looked at both Daniel oppa and me. Jisung oppa sat across us, beside manager-nim. While the others went to the other apartment leaving the 4 of us to have the place to ourselves. 

"Hyung. I'm sorry." Jisung oppa said. "Oppa." I looked at Jisung oppa, feeling very sorry that he's being scolded as well. "Eun-ah. We've worked together for half a year. We spent a lot of time with each other. And I know you are wise and rational. I just can't believe you would hide something like this from me." He let out a tired sigh. It's only 8 am and they would have to be all at the office by 10 but... 

"I'll take full responsibility for whatever happens. Hyung, please help us keep this a secret." Daniel oppa spoke. I looked at him, silently asking him to stop but he just patted my hand and let out a small reassuring smile. "I’ll be very careful from now on,"  I added. 

Oh God is this right? Asking him to keep this a secret for us. Is this even allowed? Oh God somebody bury me this instant. "Well. It took me a year to find out. Obviously, you hid this very well." He spoke, looking at Jisung oppa and Daniel oppa as he emphasize on the 'very well'. This is making me cry.

"You have a month before your contract ends. Let's just keep it from everyone till then. But Mr. Go needs to know about this. That way he can protect you two." He said. Mr.Go is their bodyguard. Daniel oppa looks up to him like a second father. Ever since we all started working together, he's been very kind and protective of not only the boys but the staff too. And he's fond of Daniel oppa, so there's a strong chance that he won't be as mad or as disappointed. 

So that's what we did. We went to him and told him about it. And we did not expect his reaction. 

"Oh? Eun-ah."  Mr. Go smiled when we met up in the office. I came with the boys, obviously. No one suspected though. People here don't keep track of who works with who. It's enough that we're all familiar with one another. And security is tight here. So everything should be fine. 

"Ahjussi." I bowed my head in respect. He looked at me weirdly but patted my head anyway, per usual. "What brings you here? And with Daniel too." He smiled. He's exceptionally smiley today....huh. "We want to tell you something."  Daniel oppa said. But the middle-aged man just smiled and nodded his head. 

"You're finally telling me?" He sighed. My eyes widened. "How did you-" "I know young love when I see it. Please. You two are very obvious." He shrugged his hand at us. "Who do you think covers for you when you leave the house at night?" He crossed his arms, asking the young man beside me who was still in shock. 

"But I hid it very well." Daniel oppa muttered. "Yeah right." Mr.Go laughed. I finally snapped out of it and looked at him. "How long have you known?" I asked. "Was it chuseok last year? Or maybe Daniel's birthday?" I gaped. We started dating after Chuseok! If it was Daniel oppa's birthday then we've only been dating for 50 days...

"Oh wow." Daniel oppa laughed. "I'm so glad." I let out a very relieved sigh. "If you're telling me this now...that means..." "Manager-nim found out," I replied. He patted our shoulders and smiled that fatherly smile of his. " there are only a few months left so, this should turn out fine. Right?" 

 

 

Right now I'm preparing for my pageant stage. I turned to Wonwoo beside me who was casually reading a book as our freshman helped us with our makeup and hair. She's really talented with hair styling, and she's doing this alone. So I helped her with the makeup. 

I just finished putting my own, earning a gasp from Chaeyeon, the freshman. "Woah. Sunbaenim. You look really really pretty." She said, looking at me through the mirror. "She's always been pretty." Wonwoo chuckled beside me. I looked at him the same time he looked up at me. Our eyes widened at each other. 

"Chaeyeon hoobae. You're not so bad yourself." I gave her a high-five and a thumbs up at Wonwoo who winked and smiled. "Are you doing my makeup now?" He asked, putting his book down on the table. He leaned his elbow on his chair's armrest and smiled widely at me. So much smiling. 

"Stop looking at me like that. This isn't the first time you saw me with makeup." I shook my head at him. "This is the first time I saw you with this kind of makeup. You're really good." He nodded his head approvingly. "I did work as a stylist." I shrugged my shoulders proudly. "And to answer your question. Yes, I'm doing your makeup." I said standing up and walking over to his table. 

"I'll go check on things and buy snacks. Do you need anything else?” Chaeyeon said, gathering her phone and her bag. “Can I have a blueberry yogurt drink please?” I gave her an eye smile and a tilt of the head that made her smile back. “Of course sunbae.” She chuckled. Asaaaaa. “He’ll have nothing,” I said, pointing at Wonwoo. “Wait. Here.” Wonwoo said, taking out his wallet and giving Chaeyeon money for food and drinks. 

“Buy anything you want. I’ll have a medium sized latte.” He smiled nicely that made Chaeyeon visibly blush. “O-ok then. I’ll be back.” She shyly said, taking the money and bowing before she left. 

“You just added another person in your fan club,” I said as I turned to him and took the facial wipes. “I have a fan club?” He asked. He closed his eyes as I started cleaning his face before I started with his base makeup. “I don’t know. I think you do.” I laughed as I tilted his head side to side while I finished touches with cleansing. “Now. Stop talking. I have to finish fast so I can do my hair.” 

I moved on to his foundation. Surprising enough, we had the same skin tone. So my foundation blended well. He also has really nice skin. No signs of stress or evident dark circles could be seen it made me wonder what his routine is to have such healthy skin. I should ask him later and take note of it. Lately, my skin’s been breaking out from all the studying. I’m more than 30% regretful now that I turned myself into a double major. It made me wonder what job I’d be getting in the future. A medic in an entertainment company? A clinic owner with a music teacher? I did not think this through… 

“You look so deep right now,” Wonwoo muttered, breaking me out of my thoughts. “No talking.” I scolded. He ignored me and instead stopped my hand from brushing powder onto his cheeks. “Is everything ok?” He asked. He looks genuinely worried. How kind, haha. “I was just thinking. Nothing bad or serious, don’t worry.” I smiled. I twisted my hand out of his grip making him let go and drop the topic. I'm glad he did too. Otherwise, we'll never be done. 


I added a few details to his eye makeup. Making it a bit black on the outer corners so his eyes would still look edgy but soft. If that makes any sense. For his lips, I just added a natural shade and popped out the color from his lips. A little contour here and there to bring out his sharp features and he was done. Just in time for Chaeyeon to return with our drinks too. 

We had our snacks and drinks first before we finally changed into our clothes. We have three segments for the pageant today. Casual wear runway, a talent portion, and the evening highlight. Where we get to wear our evening attires and the Q and A segment. Obviously, there wouldn't be a swimsuit segment, it's 2 degrees out here. That would be nuts.

So Wonwoo left to change, while Chaeyeon helped me style my hair. Since I had short hair, she gave my hair soft waves and pinned one side back. She then handed me my casual wear and I got dressed in it. And when I went back to our room, Wonwoo was sitting on his chair while talking to Soonyoung sunbae who came to probably check up on his friend. 

"Oh wow, you two really look good together." Soonyoung sunbae said when I approached them. "Yeah...yeah.." I nodded my head casually. "by the way, what are you doing for the talent portion?" he asked, giving up his seat for me as he leaned on the table between us. 

"We're going to sing," I answered. Oh damn, it takes me back to the first time I heard Wonwoo sing. He has a soft and gentle tone, and he sings in a low voice too. Well, I did expect him to sing lower, his voice is deep. But when he sang, I was genuinely shocked because contradictory to his sharp features, he came out as this charming softie. I had to admit, I was a little attracted to him when we rehearsed for the first time.

"Ooohh. What song?" Soonyoung sunbae asked excitedly. "That..." Wonwoo paused and looked at me. "you'll have to wait and see." He added, patting his friends thigh before standing up. "It's 5:50. We should get going"  He said, offering his hand for me to take and stand up from the seat.


6:00 PM

The show is about to start any second now. I can suddenly feel all the jitters and nervousness through my body and I tried to calm myself down. This is the first time I'm entering a pageant. The only thing I am confident about is the singing part. And well, yeah, I learned the walking and we had some questions prepared for. Ugh, why did we take this so seriously?


Soon. It started. The host did her greetings, so did our University president. The judges were to be formally introduced later but I could already make out the presence of the Dean of Arts. A lot of people came to watch too. People from all over the college. Some I recognize from both the medicine and music department. 

Our friends are here too. Seungkwan stood out the most to me. I mean, how can he not? He's holding a big banner with the words 'ME-DI-CINE, YOU ROCK' haha. But I'm glad he's here though. I already feel relaxed seeing him among the crowd. 

One by one, the contestants walked on stage as the corresponding departments were mentioned. A total of 15 pairs joined this pageant. We were 2nd from the last. It wasn't that very long before our department was also announced and both Wonwoo and I walked from opposite ends of the stage, met in the middle and walked the runway. 

Girls screaming, boys clapping, our friends howling at the back and again Seungkwan with that banner. It was a blur honestly. I was so nervous but the people cheering for me really did help me calm down and be more confident strutting in these 6-inch heels. 

For Casual wear, Wonwoo and I decided on a homme/femme fatale look. Basically something very vintage but sharp and classy. It carries out the vibe of an intimidating and mysterious person but still looking seductive and charming at the same time. 

The talent portion happened not long after the first catwalk. We sang Ending scene by IU. Short summary, a LOT of eye contact happened it actually made me both nervous and fluttery inside. And a loud crowd afterward. Again, courtesy of our department. Then after that, the final walk. Evening wear, Q and A, all that glam. 

The j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter