Towards Love

This is My Love

◊◊◊◊◊

“So?” Sehun asked.

Namjoo blinked. She looked flustered for whatever reason he couldn’t understand.

“Namjoo?” he asked again.

“Yea, fine. Ok.” She hurriedly answered.

He peered around the empty parking lot wondering if she might say more, like what time she’d bring Moowon or what day the sleepover could happen. Any directions she’d want to give him about Moowon.

There was nothing.

She looked so confused and lost so suddenly he thought it was cute. Running his fingers up through her silky hair he wondered, “You ok?”

Namjoo shrank away and readjusted her hair. “I should go to work.”

“Ok,” he said then leaned in to give her a kiss. Their lips brushed for just a point second before she leapt back.

Touching her face flustered she darted her eyes away. “I should go. Have a good day.”

He blinked and watched her scurry away with a bemused smile. She got prettier by the day. He felt more enchanted each time he saw her.

Yesterday he had taken the coldest shower of his life when he returned home. Paced the house after putting Gunta to sleep. Comparmentalizing his thoughts. Trying to find the right words to say that wouldn’t make him look like an idiot. Or a ert.

Then he’d called Namjoo after settling down in his room. Hearing Namjoo’s voice made him nerve wrecked. He had felt as if he was calling the biggest crush of his life for the first time. But she made him laugh and all he had felt then was happy.

He was still overjoyed, because she was pretty and she liked him.

Seeing her again made his heart race faster. He wanted to kiss her again. Hold her hand. For sure, he’d call her during lunch.

Sehun counted down the hours till noon. As he hurried out of his workplace to get something to eat, he dialed Namjoo who answered after a few rings.

“I didn’t think you were going to answer,” he said, “since you let the phone ring so long.”

“I was…I was busy,” Namjoo quickly excused nervously.

“So, did you think about it?” Sehun wondered.

“About what?” she asked as he crossed the street.

“The sleepover.”

“You want to sleep over?!” She literally screamed shocked.

“I’m talking about the kids,” he clarified with a frown wondering what she was on.

“Oh…” a low mumble then louder, “Oh!” he heard her laugh a little crazily. He wanted to see her face, ask if she was taking some kind of strange medicine.

Never minding her bout he continued, “So, about the sleepover.”

“The kids? Why a sleepover?” she asked.

He stopped walking, wondering if she had heard him at all that morning. Trying not to shake his head he repeated himself, “Gunta asked about a sleepover with Moowon.”

“He did?”

She really hadn’t been listening to him that morning. It amused and surprised him. Namjoo was always attentive. What had been on her mind that she hadn’t been paying attention to him? Sehun wanted to ask but instead said, “I’ve thought about it. We can take the kids to the zoo and you can drop Moowon off.”

“You mean, to your place?” Namjoo reiterated. “Moowon sleep at your place?”

“Yes, that’s what I said,” he confirmed.

A moment of silence. “Are you sure?”

“Yes,” he confidently replied. “Moowon can sleep with Gunta at my place.” When she didn’t say anything he asked, “Are you listening?”

“Yea, yea I am. Of course,” Namjoo chirped.

He couldn’t help doubting her for a moment. Finally, he asked, “Are you ok?”

“I am!” she answered admanantly. Loudly.

“Ok,” he gave up. “Then, I’ll see you later at the daycare.”

“Yea, fine.”

He blinked at her short reply. Taken aback. He asked anyway, “I’ll come over later?”

“For just a bit,” Namjoo said then repeated, “just a bit.”

Sehun smiled, “Of course.”

◊◊◊◊◊

Namjoo was fidgety around him when he arrived. Constantly moving around. Wiping the counters clean. Mumbling about the sink. Yelling at Moowon from the kitchen. He watched her delighted. Catching her hand when she passed by and pulling her into the corner of the room. Darting his eyes hurriedly into the living room to ascertain Moowon was occupied with Gunta.

“Come here,” he beckoned tugging her closer into the width of his arms. “Bad day at work?”

Namjoo squirmed a little refusing to meet his eyes. It entertained him some more. She was cute. He wanted to bug her until she was annoyed of him.

“Why won’t you look at me?” he asked.

“I am looking at you!” she loudly said turning to him. Their eyes caught for a second before she broke off.

Sehun couldn’t help laughing at her. He was enjoying her strange fit. Thinking she was too adorable he gave her a peck ok the cheek.

She let out a squeak, scolding, “Sehun!”

Innocently he breathed a laugh. “What? I just want to kiss you.”

Her cheeks flashed pink so fast his heart thundered. She fit so snuggly against him. He loved the long hair that flailed around her head. How it floated behind her when she walked with the wind blowing. And he loved the many shades of lipstick she wore each morning they kissed. They way they accentuated her lips femininely. Telling him she liked being pretty. For herself. For him. Whatever she wore always made her beautiful. He wanted to keep the small curve of her hips. Maybe someday he’d be able to trace his fingers across her ribs. Touch the soft, smooth skin she hid from venturing eyes.

The intense wonders of her feminity made his heart pound harder. The curiousity of Kim Namjoo got to him more each day.

He knew what she was like as a mother. He wanted to know what she was like as a woman. The thoughts stirred a sleeping part of him.

Careful that Moowon wasn’t watching he swiftly kissed her. Opening his eager mouth for her. Dipping his tongue into her orifice to taste her. Let his arm slide around her waist to hold her. Feel their bellies press, their chests touch. He noticed her bra was soft and it turned him on just a little more.

As quickly as that heat overwhelmed him. In a good way. It was soothing. The tingles started in his belly before spreading. Urging him to hold her tighter. A little closer. Sehun could feel her falling into him. Willingly. Weakly.

Kissing her a little more. Savoring her moist lips before finally withdrawing. Realizing, yes, he wanted her intimately. His heart continued racing. He wondered if he was panting too hard. Namjoo was flushed. She quickly looked away shy. And he knew she was feeling the same way.

Excitement eased through him. He wanted to hide behind a blanket from his own happiness. Shy, too, because they were both feeling the same way and he wasn’t quite sure how to express it. Namjoo stepped away from him. Touched the back of her neck unable to look at him before hurriedly scurrying away.

Lifting his eyes up from the floor he watched her go with yearning.

◊◊◊◊◊

As promised, they headed out to the zoo that weekend. Sehun came to pick them up and they arrived late morning when there were already too many families scouring the grounds. Kids were screaming. Staring wide-eyed in awe at the caged animals. Watching the penguins swim around. Point at the giraffes. Wait in line at the picture booths. Food booths were already opened and busy.

They rented a stroller to keep the kids from running off. Letting them out when they wanted to stand closer to view the exotic animals. Standing close by with eyes on the kids and with their arms touching, fingers brushing.

Lately, they had been more careful. About kissing. The passion was starting to come on too strong. One time when they were making out in the car, she let his hand under her shirt. He had touched her bra. The sensual pleasure she’d felt made her pull away.

She still doubted herself. Wondering, did she really want this with him? Would it really be ok?

Maybe it was silly. They were both adults. She wanted to sleep with him. She could sense that he would be ok with it, too.

“Mommy! Mommy!” Moowon ran toward her. She pulled her hand away from Sehun to hug him. Pointing toward the glass he screeched, “The whale! The whale!”

“It’s a manatee, honey,” Namjoo corrected looking up to see the manatee swimming by the glass. Copying Moowon, Gunta screeched too. Running into Moowon and looking up at her excitedly.

“Come on, Gunta,” Sehun urged. “Lets go outside.”

Exiting the seawater exhibit they headed toward the safari to view the giraffes, rhinos, lions, bobcats, and monkeys. When they arrived, the monkeys were putting on an energetic show. Swinging from one place to the other and screaming at each other like children at the daycare. It sounded like chaos.    

Lifting Gunta up onto his shoulders so he could better see Namjoo stared at the father and son pair. They looked perfect. Gunta so happy. Sehun warm and loving. Strong. Handsome. A little y the way he affectionately cared for his son.

Glancing down at Moowon Namjoo smiled and touched his head. Sorry that she couldn’t do the same for him. Gunta landed on the floor and Sehun held out his arms. Saying to Moowon, “Come on.”

Without looking at her for permission Moowon touched Sehun’s hand letting him lift him up onto his shoulders. A smile sprang onto Namjoo’s face. Touched. She had never had a moment like this with Daehwi. Moowon had never had a moment like this with his father. It made her sad, but she was grateful to Sehun. Thankful he made sure Moowon didn’t feel left out. For looking after him even if her son wasn’t so welcoming with him. Her heart swelled up with love for him. Soaking in the fact that they were so lucky.

She glanced down when Gunta touched her hand. His silly grin made her laugh and she touched his head. Thankful for Gunta, too. For bringing them together.

◊◊◊◊◊

The kids knocked out on the way back. She had stuffed Moowon’s diaper bag with his clothes and some medicine in case he wasn’t feeling well. Reusing the diaper bag for things other than diapers he didn’t need anymore was always a good way to save money. She didn’t think Moowon needed his own duffel bag…yet.

“Thanks, for earlier,” Namjoo said, “with Moowon. He was happy.”

Sehun grinned at her. “You’re welcome.” Then he asked, “Did I look good?”

She boisterously laughed before playfully slapping his arm. The boys were still asleep when Sehun pulled up. She let him grab Moowon’s bag as she helped her son out of his booster seat.

“Home?” he asked.

“No. You’re sleeping with Gunta, remember?” Namjoo asked pushing the car door close. At this, Moowon woke up and turned around to look for his friend.

“Gunta?” he asked.

“He’s sleeping.” Namjoo patted his back. “Lets give you a bath, ok?”

Dropping his head against her shoulder he sighed. Somehow for some reason both kids were up and running around from their nap when they arrived at Sehun’s place. Snatching Gunta’s toys upon arrival and noisily screaming as they leapt into their own world. Running around the sofa, jumping over it, and screeching jibberish like the monkeys they’d seen earlier.

“Gunta!” Sehun chased his son around. “Come on! You need to take a bath!”

It hadn’t even been five minutes and he was already losing the battle with his son. He clutched onto Gunta’s cartoon towel frustrated.

Namjoo watched with a raise of the brow. “You have to do it like this,” she said. Looking at Moowon with a hand on her hip she yelled tersely, “Moowon!!” her son paused mid run to stare at her. “Bath time. Now.” Dropping his toy, he stalked over quietly. Smiling knowingly, she glanced at Sehun with a smile that said and that’s how you do it.   

He made a face before charging at Gunta. Snatching him and holding him upside down he carried him into the bathroom where Namjoo was pulling Moowon’s shirt off. Setting down giggling Gunta Sehun offered, “I can do it.”

Namjoo glanced at him. “You mean, wash them?”

He nodded confident. He wanted to show her what he could do. “Yes. I’ll do it.”

Dropping Moowon’s shirt onto the floor she walked passed. “Good luck.”

As she walked into the kitchen to look for some instant noodles, she tuned into the sound of the boys gleefully laughing. The sound of their voices escaped through the open bathroom door and within seconds the water was running. Another minute later Sehun let out a shout of horror that had her laughing under her breath.

Sehun was crouching in front of the tub when she went to check in on them. Almost a good twenty minutes had passed, and they weren’t finished yet. Typical of kids, but she thought Sehun would at least have tried dragging them out.

“Everything ok in there?” she asked from the doorway. When Sehun turned she saw that his lower half was all soaked. Compared to him the boys were both livey, as if they were having the best day of their life.

“Mommy!” Moowon lifted up his toy ranger for her to see.

“You let them play with toys in the water?” Namjoo half-scolded. “That’s why it’s taking so long.”

“Well…” Sehun dragged on, “it’s fine.”

She rolled her eyes. “You’re wasting water and time.”

“Let them have fun,” he said. “There’s a kind of fun boys can only have in the water.” He teased with a wicked smile. Namjoo frowned at him. Grabbing the nearest towel, she threw it at him before walking away.

By the time the noodles started getting soggy, both Moowon and Gunta raced out of the bathroom half dressed. Imitating a t-rex Sehun chased after them with their pants dangling off his fingers. She wanted to yell because the food was going bad, but Sehun looked like he was having fun. Tuning into his child side with the boys, so she just watched as he continued chasing them. Till they tired out and he wrestled them onto the couch growling in a ed voice that he was eating them as he dressed them. Moowon was laughing so giddily Namjoo felt like she was on rainbows.

It had been so long since Moowon sounded that happy. His laughter seemed to have died out around her, but Sehun was letting him have fun. Finally being the boy he should be.

Sehun made them eat all their food before they sat down to watch a movie. Not even five minutes into it their heads were already drooping. Carrying Moowon Namjoo helped tuck him into Gunta’s bed. Soaking in the sight of both boys sleeping next to each other. Like they were really brothers.

Moowon really had a friend in Gunta. She was so relieved, so happy.

“Call me if anything happens,” Namjoo repeated for the nth time as they walked out and Sehun closed the door.

“Ok, I got it,” he answered for the nth time, too.

They looked at each other. Overwhelmed with emotions. Exhausted from a long day. Relief that it was finally over. The kids were sound asleep. They could finally relax, call it a day. Until tomorrow.

Noticing the bags under his eyes Namjoo smiled. So thankful for all the effort he put in. For her. For her son. It was so important to her and she was so happy Sehun didn’t complain about it. Stepping over she put her arms around him and leaned up to kiss him.

“Thank you for today. For taking care of Moowon,” she stared up into his eyes happily. “Good night.”

“You have to go?” Sehun asked touching her hand.

“Of course. I called a cab,” she told.

“Fine,” he sighed, “but I didn’t give you a kiss.”

Blissfully grinning she let him wrap his hands around her. Once more thinking about his arms. How strong and reliable they were as the gap between them closed. Opening for him she invited him a step closer into her heart, but Sehun didn’t stop there. His hand moved up her back to urge her closer. His mouth spoke intimately to her. The other hand raced up her arm brushing his fingers over her neck into her hair.

His bated breath bounced off her lips when he withdrew but not too far. Their foreheads brushed. Namjoo’s heart pumped faster. His lower arm brushed her . The heat between them intensified the way it did when a man and a woman wanted each other. Their bodies so close. One more step and their skin could really touch.

“I should go,” Namjoo breathed losing against the deploring sensation pooling between her legs.

“Don’t go.” He said.

Their lips almost brushed. It was so tempting not to devour him. Namjoo tried pressing her lips together, but they opened again, as if calling for him.

“Sehun…” Cutting her off he brushed his lips across hers enlightening want in her. Fire scourged her chest crying to be extinguished. Have it here and now her emotions sobbed.

“Sleep with me, Namjoo.”

She forfeited. Linking her arms around his neck she kissed him so desperately. With so much passion she felt like she was drowning.

They went at each other like two people thirsting for water. They didn’t backtrack. Sehun squeezed her into his arms, lifted her off the ground, and dropped her onto his bed where he immediately crushed her.

It happened so fast she wasn’t sure if she still regretted it.


***rated-m next chapter! But you're going to have to wait a week for it