CHAPTER 5

Dive

SinB almost spent the worst night of her entire life. She was crying all night. And because she was drunk it was even worst. Hopefully, Eunha was with her all night. The latter even abandoned her own party in order to stay with her. She brought SinB in her « penthouse » as she had two rooms. But SinB desperate as she was, asked that Eunha stay with her. The latter couldn’t sleep because she had to take care of SinB who managed to fall sleep only at 4 a.m. 

 

SinB woke up. She wasn’t feeling good: she had an headache. She looked around and everything was clear in her head. Sowon, she broke up with her because of something she had never done. Now that she thought of it: Umji is Sowon’s half sister. Could she be the reason behind all this mess ? She wanted to call her but she didn’t have her number. SinB wanted to cry again but she was too revolted to do it. All of sudden she began to panic: she was sure she overslept. She checked her phone and it was almost noon. She didn’t go to work. She was doomed. She was boiling up inside when someone opened the room’s door. It was Eunha. If SinB wasn’t so angry right now, she would have found her so cute in that huge sweater hiding her little shorts and those cute black socket. Eunha was definitely the definition of cute. Even if she was also y somehow. 

 

  • Did you sleep well? she asked 

 

SinB shook her head. 

 

  • And you ? 

 

  • I only slept two hours but it is okay. 

 

  • Eunha, I am supposed to be at work right now. I am so doomed. 

 

  • No, don’t worry I have already called your boss and told him that you had fever or something like that. 

 

SinB was just so happy she jumped on Eunha and hugged her. 

 

  • Thank you so much. I am sorry because of me, you didn’t sleep at all. You had to deal with a crying baby. 

 

  • No it is completely fine. I understand, me too I had to deal with a hard breakup. By the way, may I know the reason she broke up with you ? It is okay if you don’t want to tell me, of course. 

 

  • I don’t want to talk about it now. said SinB as she broke the hug.  

 

  • Ok but if you change your mind, I am here. said Eunha. 

 

  • Now, all I want is to think about another thing.

 

  • Oh I can help you with that, if you want of course. 

 

  • Yeah I will be very happy. said SinB. I really need a friend right now and I am very glad you are here. 

 

Eunha pouted. 

 

  • Why are you sad ? asked SinB. 

 

  • Am I only here for that reason, because you want a distraction? 

 

  • No, of course not ! I want you to stay with me because I want to be with you. 

 

Eunha’s eyes sparkled at the reason. SinB didn’t know why she blushed maybe because she wasn’t used to say something like this. 

 

  • Oh I really like that because I also really want to be with you. By the way I have an idea of what we could do. said Eunha. 

 

Eunha gave her a swimsuit. SinB wore it. They went to the pool. SinB didn’t want to tell Eunha she didn’t know to swim because Eunha looked so happy and that would just kill the mood. She sat on the verge of the pool and watched Eunha take the dive. It was beautiful but not as beautiful as Yerin. Now that she thought about it, she missed Yerin. She was just so nice and friendly, it warmed SinB’s cold aura. Eunha is nice too. But SinB didn’t know much about her yet and she somehow looked too impressive all the more since she is the chief of a very weird group of girls. Yerin was only a simple human being. And often when it’s simple, it’s easy and otherwise. SinB had enough of things too complicated. Her heart couldn't handle it anymore. 

 

  • SinB join me ! Eunha said while swimming. 

 

  • No I will only watch you. 

 

  • Come on, you only have to take the dive. The rest is easy.

 

SinB shook her head. These words marked her though. In addition, the other girls were eyeing her weirdly.

 

  • It is okay if you don’t want. I won’t force you … Oh I forgot to do something. I have to leave you for a moment. I will contact you after. Eunha said as she went out the pool and disappeared. 

 

SinB watched her go and suddenly her foot were in the air. She screamed as she was being thrown in the water. She didn’t take the dive, the girls made her take it. She heard them chuckled as if they were proud of themselves. The next thing she knew was that she was like in slow-motion in a blue bubble. She felt like floating and she really liked the feeling of it. But then, there were no air anymore. Hopefully there was a wall just besides. She fought against the gravity to join the surface. She managed to do it and grab into the edge of the pool. She was panting so hard. The other girls looked worried first but then they went away while chuckling. SinB didn’t care because her mind was a mess. 


She went to her room. She felt empty. She was weak, so weak. She cried again. This time, it wasn’t just because of Sowon but because of herself. She wasn’t good at anything. She wanted to change that. She wanted to take the dive. It was almost midnight but she didn’t care. The pool was empty. She was alone. She thought about it. Eunha said that she only had to take the dive. The rest was easy. Well, now that she thought about it. Each time she took it, things get complicated and she ended up hurt. It was the case for her relationships. It was never easy but there is something she thought easy. And she was going to do it. Indeed, SinB jumped. She took the dive. She tried to make it as beautiful as Yerin. Then, there was this feeling of bubble. It was like the real world had vanished and another one replaced it. Soon, the air disappeared in her lungs. She could fight again and try to join the surface or she could just dive more. The first option was complicated while the second was easy. Eunha was right, you only have to take the dive and the rest is easy but on condition you choose the easy way. SinB’s choice was easy because she chose what was simple. The water felt warm. She felt like flying in another dimension. And while her lungs had chosen the complicating way as there were fighting against the hydraulic invasion. Her mind choose the easy way. Her eyelids were half-closed and her mind felt in heaven, she even saw the face of an angel before everything went black. 

 

 

 

The moon welcomed her when she opened up her eyes. As she felt water gushing out of . It was like her lungs were asking and looking desperately for air. And the pressure she felt on her chest awoke her completely. The angel was there, looking at her with worries in her eyes. 

 

  • Breath. It’s the first thing she heard. And her lungs obeyed immediately. The angel accompanied with some movements the ones of SinB’s chest. It was like magic. 


Her mind went back in the reality as SinB noticed the pool beside her and the deckchairs. So she was still in this harsh reality. She noticed also the angel: a girl wearing the uniform of the pool attendant.

 

  • You saved me, stated SinB with a disappointed tone. 

 

  • Of course I did. Why do you look so sad about it ? asked the girl. 

 

SinB didn’t know what to reply. She didn’t want to kill herself but to her she wasn’t doing so. It was just the easiest option she had. 

 

  • What’s your name ? asked the girl. 

 

  • SinB but it doesn’t matter. 

 

  • Why are you so depressive ? 

 

  • I am not. 

 

  • How did you end up in the pool ? Why didn’t you come to the surface ? 

 

  • I took the dive. SinB only answered the first question.

 

  • You don’t know how to swim, don’t you ? 

 

  • I don’t. 

 

  • Then why did you jump ? 

 

  • Because you only have to take the dive, the rest is easy. 

 

  • No, if you don’t know how to swim, nothing is easy. But do you know what is easy ? 

 

  • No ? 

 

  • Learning how to swim. Then it will indeed be easy. But from what I saw, you were drowning on your own. You weren’t fighting for joining the surface. And I want to know why you did that. 

 

SinB didn’t know what to reply. She didn’t even know what had gotten into her. It was just because it was the easiest way to escape from all this mess. Because it was simple. 

 

  • I thought I could stay a little longer. It was too late when I noticed I was drowning. lied SinB. 

 

  • Well, you are not a fish. It is impossible to stay eternally underwater. Even I, I can’t do that. You can’t fight this limits. You can try to move them further but they will always be there. So take it easy. If you want I can teach you.

 

SinB thought about it. She will finally knows how to swim. She will finally be good at something.

 

  • Ok, thanks euh  ...

 

  • My name is Yuju but I guess it doesn’t matter. joked Yuju while winking at SinB. 

 

Yuju looked really cool. She reminds her of Yerin. But at the same time she had this huge charisma and class, like Sowon. She was also tall but not as tall as Sowon. She was beautiful too. 

SinB was now sitting, she rubbed her eyes and Yuju disappeared. Was it a dream ? Suddenly she felt something on her back. She turned her head and saw Yuju put a towel on her back. SinB didn’t know why she blushed. Maybe it was because she really liked this unusual thoughtful gesture ? SinB was feeling cold but now she felt warm especially in her heart. Yuju smiled at her and SinB swore it was the most beautiful smile she had ever seen. It sent even more warmth to her heart. Yuju held her hand out to SinB. The latter gladly took it and she let Yuju pull her from the ground. However SinB was so weak she fell again and Yuju fell with her … in the pool. SinB wanted to close her eyes when she felt like entering this new dimension. She saw Yuju return to the surface. SinB had to make a choice again. She had used the easiest way before. Will she changed her mind this time ? Her lungs were screaming for air now. She was going to close her eyes but Yuju reappeared just in front of her. Yuju took her hand and this indescribable feeling triggered made SinB change her mind. She clang on to her as if she was yearning to live. The water became cold as ice. She swore she saw Yuju smiling at her before she felt hands on her waist. Then, she felt like propelled to the surface. She had never been this craving for air. She had her arms around the neck of Yuju who was keeping them to the surface. In this moment of proximity, the rest of the world had disappeared. They looked like lovers who were hugging each other in the pool. SinB was clearly falling again but this time … in love. On the contrary, Yuju looked more concerned about how to join the edge of the pool than anything else. When she managed to bring them to the edge, SinB found it hard to let go of Yuju. But she did. 

 

  • Thank you Yuju. 

 

  • Were you planing to stay underwater again? Because the first time I joined the surface, I noticed that you weren’t coming up.

 

  • You saved me. 

 

  • Yeah I did but please stop thinking you are a fish, okay ? said Yuju and her tone was semi serious semi playful. 

 

If only she knew the truth, SinB thought. It had nothing to do with overrating. But Yuju couldn’t know. 

 

Yuju gave her phone number to SinB which makes the latter very happy even if she knew it was just for swimming lessons. 

 

  • I am working at the bar just right there. Why have I never seen you? asked SinB

 

  • I am only working at night. said Yuju Because I am still training as safeguard.

 

  • But there is nobody at the pool in the night except when there are parties. 

 

  • How can you said that whereas minutes ago you were trying to be a fish in the pool. Yuju laughed and SinB laughed with her.

 

  • Yeah but still, am I the first person you had seen in the pool in the night ? 

 

  • No, there are other people who are as crazy as you. joked Yuju.

 

  • Am I the first one you've saved ? SinB didn’t know why she asked that question. Yuju’s smile disappeared all of a sudden. 

 

  • I … yeah you are. She had this light smile on her face but her eyes were sad. 

 

Suddenly SinB sneezed. 

 

  • I think you should go home and take a hot shower, if not you will be sick. 

 

SinB nodded and she went back to her room. She took a shower and thought about everything that had happened. She managed to take the dive. And now she hoped she will be able to swim away from all her problems. Yeah, SinB was determined. She will write an new chapter of her life and thrown away everything that had ever happened. She will try to forget the past as it is the only way to start things anew. 

 

She went out the shower and saw that she had received a message. But it wasn’t the sender she expected. It was Eunha, she was asking SinB where she was. SinB thought about Eunha. For sure, she wanted Eunha to be part of her future. 

 

But SinB decided that now everything will be simple because everything is easier when it is simple. So she will ask Eunha. SinB was confident about the answer. 

She will ask her if she was willing to be her friend.

 

 

-------------------

End of fifth chapter. 

I decided to make this story longer but I still don't know how many chapters there will be in the end. 

I hope you liked this chapter. I hope the Sinju fans are happy hihi. All the Gfriend members are introduced. Tell me what you think of their personality ... 

As usual, don't hesitate to comment. I will be very glad to read and answer you. 

Thanks

xoxo