CHAPTER 11

Dive

 

  • May I know her name ? asked Yerin

 

  • Sowon 

 

Yerin looked suddenly very pale and shocked. 

 

  • By the way, do you know her ? asked SinB. 

 

Yerin seemed speechless. 

 

  • Oh Sowon Kim, a very tall girl ? 

 

  • You know her, really ! Do you know where I can find her ? 

 

  • I am not sure but I will try. 

 

  • Thank you. She had or still has a romance with Eunha, right ? 

 

  • I know they were together at a moment but I am not sure of their current situation. I didn’t and still don’t want to invade their personal lives.

 

  • Do you have her new number because I tried to call her but I failed. 

 

  • Oh … no …  I don’t think I have it. 

 

It was weird how Yerin seemed careful with every words she was saying. She looked unconfident too. 

 

  • It is funny because you didn’t ask me why I wanted to find her. 

 

  • Oh … well as I said, I don’t want to invade your personal life. 

 

  • Ok then I will not tell you but really I don’t mind.  

 

  • Oh  …  ok … then tell me. said Yerin

 

  • Hey relax Yerin … I can understand that you are uncomfortable as I shouldn’t imply you. But really I need help like that I will go home faster. 

 

  • No it is okay. Yeah, I guess I am not used to that but really I will do it because I want you to be happy. 

 

SinB swore she was melting at Yerin’s eyesmile and words. But she noticed there were also sadness in Yerin’s eyes. 

 

  • Yerin, I feel that deep down you don’t want to do it. It is okay you know. 

 

  • No, SinB. I am not sad it’s just that … 

 

SinB waited for Yerin to finish her sentence but Yerin looked lost.

 

  • No need to find an excuse. Really, I can understand it. 

 

  • I don’t want you to leave the city. confessed eventually Yerin. 

 

  • It is not my fault that my family lives in another city. 

 

  • Yeah … I know. But I do live in this one …

 

SinB realized what Yerin really mean and suddenly she felt touched: Yerin didn’t want SinB to leave because she wouldn’t see her anymore if she does. 

 

SinB didn’t know what to reply but she didn’t have to. Indeed, Yerin went to her and hugged her. 

 

  • Ok we will start tomorrow. Now go to bed SinB, you look tired. 

 

  • Good night Yerin. 

 

  • Good night SinB.

SinB went to bed and for the first time she saw stars when she closed her eyes. Because this time there were hope. Hope that everything will be soon over. That she will finally be happy again. 


The next day SinB was surprised by Yerin sudden announcement. 

 

  • SinB, I found you a job.

 

  • Why ? 

 

  • Because I felt like you quitted your job at the hotel only because of what had happened with Eunha and not because you wanted to. 

 

  • You’re right but I am busy searching Sowon. Too bad for me. 

 

  • No don’t worry, we will find her in the evening after work. At least, we will be sure that she will be home at that time. 

 

SinB considered the offer. And she came up with the fact that Yerin was right after all. 

 

  • Ok

 

  • Cool now prepare yourself I will take you to your new job. 

 

SinB smiled and wondered how Yerin managed to find her a new job this quickly. 

 

The ride was silent but it was a peaceful silent.

 

They arrived in front of the international hotel which happens to be the most luxurious hotel in the whole city. 

 

  • We’re here. said Yerin.

 

  • Wait, the international hotel ?! 

 

  • Yeah, they also have a bar just in front of the pool. You will do the same work as in the beach hotel. 

 

SinB was speechless. 

 

Her new boss was very nice. It was a woman who happened to know Yerin. Everything made sense: Yerin probably asked her to hire SinB. 

 

SinB started her work and surprisingly Yerin was still there. She even put her swimming suit and took a dive in the pool. Putting aside the skyscraper landscape, it was a total deja-vu for SinB. It reminded her of her first week at the hotel when there were only Yerin and her. When everything seemed so simple. Indeed, she just had to watch Yerin dive in the pool every day. When she really considered taking a new start with a new romance. But then Sowon came back in her life and she thought she could start things anew. Yet, Eunha appeared right after and destroyed everything. 

At the end of the day, SinB was really happy because she enjoyed her new work. And deep down the presence of Yerin was partly the reason. Indeed she was always there encouraging her and smiling at her. 

 

  • So , started SinB, it is time to search Sowon. 

 

  • Oh … really ? You’re not tired ? asked Yerin

 

  • Why ? Are you ? 

 

  • Yeah even if all I did was to dive. It is very tiring. 

 

  • Yeah but I do want to start tonight. Please just tell me where she is, I will go alone. 

 

  • Don’t you want to start tomorrow ? 

 

  • Why not today ? 

 

Yerin looked disappointed but she eventually complied.

 

  • Ok, follow me. 

 

They went in the car and Yerin took them in a district. They looked for her until one a.m but then Yerin decided that it was time to go back in the apartment and sleep. SinB was deep down really disappointed that they couldn’t find her the first night. Yet, Yerin was right, they were both exhausted. 

The next day, SinB went to work and in the evening Yerin took them to another district. Again, Sowon was nowhere to be found. The day after, they did the same and SinB began to feel frustrated and clearly tired. But she was too stubborn to stop the research. 

A whole week passed and SinB was clearly irritated: 

 

  • I have enough !! Why everyday you tell me that you think you have the localization and it’s always the same: she is not there. 

 

Yerin was speechless. She clearly looked hurt and whenSinB noticed it she started feeling regrets.

 

  • Yerin … I am sorry, I shouldn’t be angry towards you. You are really helping me with nothing in return from me. I am horrible I shouldn’t have said what I said. 

 

  • It is okay, SinB really. replied Yerin while taking SinB’s hand. I can understand: you are tired because it has been a week and you haven’t slept much. So if you want, we can something else this evening. Something relaxing. 

 

  • Oh … ok. said SinB suddenly shy. 

 

  • Let me surprise you, ok ?

 

SinB nodded and smiled shyly. Yerin’s charisma was sometimes so powerful, that even her, Hwang SinB could be intimidated by it. 

Yerin drove them to a fancy restaurant and SinB felt like a princess. They ate and SinB swore it had been a long time since she had eaten food this delicious.
SinB was too focused on her food she didn’t even notice that Yerin was watching all this time. 

 

  • Is there something on my face ? she asked suddenly panicked that she had dirtied herself with the food. 


Yerin laughed and wiped the food on SinB’s face.  SinB didn’t know why but she felt something when Yerin did so. If she wasn’t already preoccupied by other things in her life, she would have fallen for her. Yes she was sure, she would have take the dive. Indeed Yerin was perfect and SinB felt confortable with her. The only question would have been: Would have Yerin been ready to take the dive too? Hopefully or not, SinB didn’t have to find the answer as she was already occupied by another thing: fix everything with Sowon. 

They finished their food and noticed that they were the last ones in the restaurant. Yerin checked her watch and indeed it was pretty late. Yerin offered to pay, and again SinB shyly nodded while thanking her. They went out and SinB was about to get in the car when she saw one of the employees come out of the restaurant. SinB couldn’t forget this face … the face that made SinB leave Sowon back then … Umji. She was heading towards her car. Suddenly SinB remembered something: Umji was Sowon’s half sister so there were high chance that they live together. SinB entered the car. 

 

  • Yerin start the car !! 


Yerin was taken aback by suddenly so much energy in SinB’s voice. 

 

  • What is happening ?

 

  • Do it ! 

 

Yerin eventually complied. 

 

  • Follow this black car ! 

 

  • You saw Sowon did you ? You sure ? 

 

  • No, I saw Umji, her sister. But I am pretty sure they live together. 


Yerin was suddenly very pale. She drove very weirdly after. 

 

  • We’re going to lose her if you keep driving like this. said SinB. 

 

  • Yea… Yeah … sorry. 

 

  • Thank You Yerin. If you haven’t brought us there I would have seen her. 

 

Yerin smiled as an answer but somehow there were sadness in her eyes. 

They arrived in a totally unknown district. Umji suddenly got out of her car and entered a house. 

 

  • We’re here. said Yerin. 

 

  • Ok let’s go. said SinB but Yerin didn’t move. 

 

  • No I will stay here. After all, it is none of my business.   

 

SinB nodded and thank her. Then she got out of the car and headed towards the door. She knocked at it. She was very nervous. She knew what she had done was wrong. But there were no other way other than spying on Umji to get to Sowon. The door suddenly opened. 

 

  • SinB ? 

 

There she was, the person SinB was looking for days: her first love. 

 

  • What are you doing here, you think I forgot what you did ? cried out Sowon.

 

  • Sowon please let me explain everything. We both have been fooled by …

 

  • Get out now ! I don’t want to listen to your lies. And how did you find me ?? 

 

  • It doesn’t matter. Please listen to me !

 

  • No! Now go before I call the police. screamed Sowon. 

 

SinB didn’t know what to do but it was too late. Sirens echoed in the whole street and the next thing she knew was that she was brought in a car.

 

 

----------

End of the eleventh chapter 

Hello, 

I was wondering: what do you think of Yerin's character ? And SO FAR with who do you think SinB should end up according to the storyline ? 

Thanks

xoxo