CHAPTER 13

Dive

SinB didn’t want to stop. She was going to kill Umji but she deserved it. Then, she will kill Eunha. SinB felt like a fool, all this time she was blaming herself. She even went to the conclusion that she had to drown herself. But no, she did nothing wrong. They did and they were going to pay for it. She will make sure they will rot in hell. 

 

Umji was more and more suffocating under SinB’s hands. 

 

  • Why !? screamed SinB while her tears were flooding.  Why !? she added while her hands tightened their grip around Umji’s neck. 

 

  • SinB ! called someone suddenly. Stop ! 


SinB turned towards the owner of the voice: it was Yuju. She looked shocked.

 

  • No I won’t stop ! She deserves it !

 

SinB’s tone surely frightened Yuju because she seemed more careful all of a sudden.

 

  • SinB, I know you may be angry and you have every right to be angry. But you are going to kill her ! 

 

  • She deserves it ! 

 

  • Please! I know you, this is not who you are. 

 

  • She made me like this! said SinB with tears in her eyes. Unconsciously her grip softened. So, Yuju saw an opportunity.  

 

  • You are not a criminal. Justice will get revenge for you. she reassured as she approached them carefully. 

 

  • I don’t care ! If I have to go to prison, I will go. At least, that would be better than staying in that hell !

 

  • Then, that would be hell for me. said Yuju lowly but SinB heard it well. Her hands released Umji’s neck. 

 

She then exploded in tears. Umji recovered very fast even if she was still shocked. She felt very guilty because SinB was right. She made her like this.

Yuju caught SinB in her arms. 

  • Shh, it is going to be ok. she reassured but then she felt someone push her. 

 

SinB was surprised as Yuju disappeared. The next thing she knew was that she fell on the floor with someone on top of her. Then, she saw the face of the person and SinB swore that in another situation she would have been very happy to be in that position. 

 

  • Sowon … she whispered shyly and softly. But Sowon wasn’t looking at her with tender eyes. 

 

  • Were you going to kill her ?! Sowon eventually cried out and only then did SinB notice the knife under her own neck. 

SinB was frozen. Never would have she thought that she will one day face such a situation. Her first love was hating her for something she had never changed and on top of that she was holding a knife under SinB’s throat. One movement from her and she felt like will be torn open.

 

  • I don’t know … she whispered. 

 

  • ANSWER YES OR NO ! OR I WILL KILL YOU ! threatened Sowon

 

SinB felt like passing out because she was really sweating and so terrified. She couldn’t recognize the once love of her life. She knew that Sowon wasn’t really patient and that she could get angry really fast but not to that extent. 

 

  • No don’t kill her !  cried out Yuju who was still on the floor powerless. 

 

  • Unnie ! Please stop … cried out Umji.

 

But Sowon seemed possessed by the demon. 

 

  • NO, SHE WAS GOING TO KILL YOU ! 

 

  • But she didn’t. answered Umji. 

 

Sowon wasn’t even blinking. Her eyes were still glaring at SinB’s ones. She didn’t even need the knife. She was killing her with her stare. 

 

  • This is my entire fault. She did nothing. added Umji. 

 

  • I don’t care. I saw what I saw. She was struggling you Umji. When will you stop being so influenced by your feelings ! You can’t pity her! She is irretrievable especially after what she had done to you … to us. 

 

Now, Sowow was killing SinB with her sharp words. She just wanted to die, she had suffered enough.

 

  • Kill me then. she said emotionless as if she was already the ghost she will become when she leave this world. But her eyes were reflecting all the pain that was swallowing her humanity. 

 

Sowon’s face was still stern but she didn’t move. Still, the knife was approaching the flesh. But is wasn’t Sowon’s hand but SinB who moved towards the sharp blade. She kept the eye contact with her while she felt the blade beginning to enter the flesh. SinB thought that she was going to drown again except that is will not be in a blue water but in a red sea … of her own blood. 


Suddenly she saw the look on Sowon’s face change. Indeed drip drop of SinB’s blood falling on Sowon’s hand made her broke the eye contact and realized what was happening. She immediately removed her hand while having still shock marked on her face. She looked at her trembling hand and drop the knife which was in it. Then she saw people running toward them. It was Eunha and with her police officers. 

 

SinB who was still laying on the floor, watched them took Sowon. Then, she closed her eyes. She was finally in peace. 

 

 

Paradise wasn’t coming. Maybe she took the wrong way. Maybe her final destination will be hell. But with everything she had gone through, this hell will surely feel like paradise. She decided to take the dive and open her eyes. Blue. It was blue. The color of the sky. But she couldn’t turn her head. And her vision was blurry. It was weird how it didn’t seem like a neat sky. It was as if there was something between her and the sky. Then she felt something go just in front of her so she closed her eyes because of fear. She then felt something warm on her cheek. Whatever it was, it made her feel good. It was caressing her and she felt like in love. She didn’t want it to stop so by fear it would, she grabbed it. She caressed it and recognized a hand. 

 

  • SinB 

 

She opened her eyes. And everything was clear again. She looked at the owner of the hand:

 

  • Yerin … she whispered weakly. 

 

The view of Yerin made SinB feel alive again. Yerin was looking at her with tender eyes but there were also sadness in them. SinB recognized the room, it was Yuju’s bedroom.

 

  • How do you feel ? asked Yerin 

 

SinB felt normal. She then thought about her cut in the throat. But when she was going to touch it, Yerin gently grabbed her hand.

  • No don’t … I had a hard time putting a dressing on it. 

 

  • Why haven’t I die ? asked SinB 

 

  • The cut wasn’t deep hopefully.

 

Of course, Sowon removed the knife very fast. Still, SinB thought that even with a small cut it would bleed a lot but it wasn’t the case. Yerin looked very worried suddenly. Maybe because SinB looked emotionless and disappoint… disappoint that she was still here … that she was still alive.  Yerin even had tears in her eyes.
Suddenly the door opened. 

 

  • You’re awake ! said Yuju who literally run to the bed. How do you feel ? 

 

  • I’m fine. said SinB who was had still her pokerface.  Yuju frowned at the reaction. Then she turned towards what SinB was fixing. Or rather who. 

 

  • I am really sorry SinB, said Umji. SinB was still staring at her as if she was the devil in person. 

 

  • Yeah Umji told me everything. added Yuju. To sum up what had happened: Eunha told Umji to do it. Umji knew that Eunha liked you because once she told her that she liked you so when she sent her a message with the plan Umji did it. 

 

  • You forgot something important, added Umji, I am very close to Eunha unnie because she took care of me very well what Sowon didn’t. I felt like she hated me, she never showed me any affection. That’s why for me Eunha was my real sister. I did it for her. Even if I thought it was wrong. I am sorry, I know what I did is wrong … so wrong. But please forgive me SinB … 

 

  • HOW DARE YOU ASK FOR FORGIVENESS ? exploded SinB. HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT SOWON DIDN’T LIKE YOU WHILE SHE WAS GOING TO KILL ME FOR YOU ! 

 

  • I know I was myself shocked and I feel like a fool. But I will make it up for her and for you. 

 

  • How are you going to do that ? asked SinB calmed all of a sudden

 

  • I will tell everything to the police and she will go in jail. I will maybe too but I don’t care I deserve it. 

 

Yuju and Yerin looked surprised but SinB remained emotionless. 

 

  • I will not believe you until I see both of you in a cell. Now get out of my face. SinB said coldly. 

 

Umji had tears in her eyes but she nodded before leaving the room. Yuju ran after her while Yerin went towards SinB. 

 

  • SinB, you shouldn’t act like that towards someone who demands your pardon.

 

SinB looked surprised by Yerin’s words but when her eyes met Yerin’s ones she softened:

 

  • I am sorry Yerin. But I am so mad. How could she do that ? Even for love, I wouldn’t have done this. 

 

Yerin remained silenced but her eyes were kind of sad. 

 

  • Yerin ? Is there something wrong ? asked SinB and she almost sounded desperate. 

 

  • No, I was just thinking.  

 

  • What were you thinking ? asked SinB. Yerin turned towards her. 

 

  • How it was possible to be this beautiful even while being shattered. confessed Yerin as she looked in SinB’s eyes. 

 

  • Me ? asked SinB shy suddenly. Yerin sat down beside her and then nodded while fixing SinB’s eyes. Yerin had still sadness in her eyes but also … love. 

 

  • You are the one beautiful Yerin, SinB eventually confessed. Because you’re beautiful outside and inside. I am not as nice as you. I almost killed someone. Even if she deserved it. You would have never done this. Maybe that’s what made me like you. But I don’t deserve you …

 

SinB was cut off by lips on her … Yerin’s ones. The kiss was pure but SinB wanted more. However she couldn’t take the dive. Yerin as if she could read her mind, deepened the kiss. Suddenly, the door opened. 

 

  • Oh … Sorry to disturb you but Yerin can you come ? asked Yuju who entered the room. She looked shocked but she quickly put a serious face, before leaving the room. SinB was blushing and Yerin chuckled at her reaction. Yerin was going to leave the bed but SinB grabbed her wrist and looked at her with desperation. 

 

  • Good bye SinB, said Yerin and she looked kind of sad. I hope one day you will take the dive if you know what I mean. She winked before leaving the room. What did it sound like a goodbye ? SinB didn’t really understand but she was to weak to say anything. So she closed her eyes and tried to rest. 

 

When she opened her eyes, the sun was shining brightly in the sky. Suddenly she she had a bad premonition so she quickly left the room. Umji and Yuju were in the living room. 

 

  • SinB, you are awake. How do you feel ? asked Yuju. 

 

  • What happened ? Why are you still here ? asked SinB while turning towards Umji. 

 

  • Yesterday, we were speaking with Yerin unnie. She was very weird because she kept quiet. Yuju  unnie and I were both ready to go to the police station to denounce Eunha unnie. But she hadn’t said anything. Maybe because Eunha unnie is her cousin ? said Umji. 

 

  • Where is she now ? asked SinB. 

 

  • Well, that’s the problem … Yerin told us not to do anything until she called us. The thing is that she didn’t tell us why nor what she was going to do. revealed Yuju. 

 

  • Maybe she went to talk with Eunha unnie. We had waited for her call all night. And she hadn’t called yet. added Umji. 

 

That was really weird. SinB feared something bad had happened to Yerin. Suddenly a phone rang. 

 

  • Oh it is mine, said Umji. Unknown call ? Who might it be ?  

 

Umji went far from the girls. Seconds after she came back. 

 

  • It was Sowon unnie. She said she had been released. 

 

  • That’s cool. said Yuju

 

  • Yeah but she also said that she saw Yerin unnie … handcuffed.

 

 

 

-----------------------

Hello guys, 

End of the thirteenth chapter. The next one will probably be the last. 

So I need your answers before I revealed the truth: What had really happened ? Who do you think is the culprit ? 

And who do you want SinB to end up with ? (I am still not sure of the answer myself that's why I am asking you)

Please justify your answers. 

I hope you will comment.

Thanks to all of you.

xoxo