CHAPTER 14

Dive

SinB’s mind was a mess. 

 

  • Wait, Yerin was handcuffed ? Why ? asked Yuju.

 

  • Sowon unnie doesn’t know, said Umji. 

 

SinB felt like drowning but this time in confusion. And firstly how did Sowon manage to be freed ? Wait … 

 

  • Yerin sacrificed herself of course ! screamed SinB all of a sudden. 

 

  • Why would she do that ? asked Yuju. 

 

  • Because Eunha is her cousin. whispered SinB and even her soft voice couldn’t hide her anger. 

 

Both Yuju and Umji’s eyes widened. 

 

  • I didn’t know she loved Eunha so much that she was willing to do such thing. said Yuju still perplexed. 

 

SinB headed towards the door as she ignored Yuju and Umji’s questions. She had to see Yerin. She had to ask her why she did that. SinB had tears in her eyes and she even ran to the police station. 

Once there, the bad memories of her almost going to prison resurfaced but she was too busy looking for Yerin to notice them. SinB literally begged the police man to let her see Yerin. He went to ask the latter. Apparently Yerin agreed because when the police man came back he asked SinB to follow him. 

She entered a room and later Yerin appeared. SinB just felt like crying. She ran towards Yerin and was about to hug her. But Yerin prevented her from doing so with her arms. 

 

  • No, don’t. 

 

SinB was taken aback. 

 

  • Why ? But first how could you sacrifice yourself ? cried out SinB as her tears rolled down her cheeks. 

 

Yerin smiled to SinB but her eyes were really sad.

 

  • So you still think I am innocent. 

 

  • Of course you are, Eunha should be in jail not you ! Why do you have to be this nice ! Please tell the truth to the police officer. 

 

  • Trust me SinB that’s what I did. 

 

SinB was confused. 

 

  • Let me tell you the truth. You need to know it more than anybody else. But first, I wanted to tell you that I love you and that if  I knew back then I wouldn’t have never take the dive and do what I did. 

 

SinB didn’t understand anything except the confession Yerin made and she didn’t know why her body took the leap and kissed Yerin. The latter seemed shocked as she wasn’t really responding to the kiss but it was more like she was restrained herself from doing so. When they broke the kiss, Yerin had tears in her eyes. 

 

  • Why are you crying ? asked SinB.

 

  • Because I only realize now that you are deeply in love with me. 

 

  • Yeah it is true I am madly in love with you, Yerin. finally confessed SinB. It made her feel relieved. She was happy she took the dive. 

 

  • Oh … so I guess it is too late, whispered Yerin as if she was speaking to herself. You know if I hadn’t done what I had done, I would have been so happy to hear your confession. But I am sure that you will hate me after I tell you the truth. 

 

SinB was going to respond but Yerin put a finger on . 

 

  • Shh, please listen to me. I am bad SinB … so much that even the devil beside me looks like an angel. Months ago, I met a girl. She was beautiful … just perfect inside and out. But even though she seemed to have everything, she still seemed sad. Indeed she had someone, but every time she was alone or daydreaming she seemed drown in an ocean of sadness. Yet, it didn’t prevent me from falling in love with her. Hopefully, I could approach her and even talk to her. Then we became best friends and I felt like near my goal. All the more when just some days after, she broke up with her girlfriend. From that moment, I became more impatient and I did everything to achieve my goal but something went in my way just at the moment I thought I was going to have her. So I became anxious … anxious that I was going to lose her. And this is when I committed a big sin. But then I met you for the second time and this is when regrets started to flood inside of me increasingly. The more I was spending time with you the more my feelings changed. So much that I fell in love with you. How ironic when I was the source of all your problems. 

 

SinB was confused. 

 

  • Who is that girl ? she asked. Wait … 

 

Sowon ... SinB couldn’t think of any other person. 

 

  • I am sure you know the answer. said Yerin with a sad smile. 

 

  • But Umji told me that it was Eunha who text her …

 

  • Yes because Umji doesn’t know either. When I wrote the message I pretended to be Eunha because I know that Umji would do anything for her …

 

SinB was just so shocked … she felt played …

  • So all this time you knew the truth and you kept quiet ?! You pretended to be my friend … and I even fell for you. SinB whispered the last part. 

 

  • SinB … Since the moment I’ve met you I started to have regrets. 

 

  • But you love Sowon, now I am sure you can have her all for yourself so why would you have regrets. You got what you wanted. Tears rolled down SinB’s cheeks. 

 

  • No SinB. Because I don’t feel anything for her. You take her place in my heart. I am in love with you. But I know that our love is impossible. 

 

SinB’s feeling were still present but there were no more fighting to be heard. That’s why it was easy for SinB to remain emotionless. Even though she was very hurt deep down. She didn’t respond to  Yerin and left the cell. 

 

Yuju was looking at the sea. She had finally come in terms with the fact that what she wanted was impossible. Especially what she saw recently. That scene … she will never forget it. And seeing their face reminded her of it. It was too painful. So she decided to let the memories here. 

 

  • Where are you going ? asked a cute voice. Yuju turned towards the person and it was Eunha. Yuju wanted to be angry towards Eunha because of what she did to SinB but she didn’t have time so she merely answered:

 

  • I am leaving, my work is done. I need to start things anew now that my training is over.

 

  • But I thought that you wanted to work here at the hotel ?  asked Eunha confused.

 

  • Well, I changed my mind. And believe me that after what you have done it is better that I leave for you too. 


Eunha was shocked because of Yuju’s angry tone but she disregarded it. 

 

  • I am sad that you leave. Still it is your choice. You did a good job, thank you. 

 

Now it was Yuju’s turn to be shocked. She really didn’t expect those kind words from Eunha. She started to have doubt concerning her involvement in SinB’s affair. But Yuju didn’t care anymore. She nodded while smiling faintly then she left with her suitcase. 

 

 

SinB arrived at the hotel. She didn’t even know why she went back here. Worse, she no longer knew what she was living for. Her mind wasn’t a mess but as blank as paper. She was like a zombie. She was walking while looking at the ground. Then her eyes came across shoes. She looked up and Eunha was here. She was about to jump on her and attack her but hopefully she remembered the truth. Eunha wasn’t the main responsible of all her issues. 

 

  • SinB, are you ok?  You look pale. said Eunha with a worried tone. She had those loving eyes and SinB couldn't help but soften. 

 

  • I … I am sorry Eunha.

 

  • Sorry for what ? asked Eunha confused. Why is everyone weird today ? First Yuju then you …

 

  • What with Yuju ? asked SinB suddenly alive again. 

 

  • She acted very weirdly and she said that she was going to leave. 

 

  • Leave the hotel ? 

 

  • Well, I don’t know, she said she wanted to start things anew so I think she is leaving the city or even the country. 

 

  • Where is she now ? asked SinB alarmed and worried. 

 

  • I think she went to the beach house to take something.  She might be gone …

SinB didn’t let Eunha finish her sentence and went out of the hotel. She arrived in the beach. Hopefully, Yuju was still here. 

 

  • Yuju ! she cried out. 

 

  • Oh … SinB … said Yuju with a very low tone. Her eyes were shining but their light was sad and cold. Yuju looked around SinB then she asked: 

 

  • Where is Yerin ? 

 

  • Where she deserves to be. Why are you leaving ? 

 

  • How come you know that I am leaving ? Whatever … I am leaving to let you live your new relation in peace. And because I can’t bear the pain anymore. Indeed when I see you all I feel is pain.  Pain and frustration that come from restraining my feelings. Yes SinB, I love you but I know that I can’t be yours because you already belong to her. But …

Yuju couldn’t finish her sentence … a pair of lips were crashing down on hers. She was too shocked to respond to the kiss. It was very soft. SinB couldn’t believe it. She dared to take the dive.

 

  • What the heck is going on here ?! 


SinB broke the kiss and she turned towards the owner of the voice: Sowon. She wasn’t alone Umji was here too. SinB thought that Sowon would be mad at her but now she looked calm maybe a little bit shocked by the kiss.

 

  • SinB, I know that Yerin is responsible of everything  … and I just wanted to tell you that I am sorry. Sorry for having reacted the way I did. 

Umji nodded before adding:

 

  • I am also sorry SinB. What I did will haunt me forever but I will try to bear it. So please forgive me. 

 

Umji looked so desperate. SinB was surprised. 

 

  • I forgive you. It wasn’t your fault … you were manipulated. Like the rest of us. 

 

Umji smiled genuinely while saying thank you. Sowon was still here she smiled too but she looked sad. 

 

SinB felt weird to see her ex in front of her not looking at her with angry eyes. Suddenly she felt someone grab her hand. When she looked up she saw Yuju looking at her with loving eyes. SinB melted by Yuju’s action and she somehow felt better. It looked like Sowon wanted to say something. Yuju and Umji understood it immediately. 

 

  • Thank you SinB, I hope to see you soon. said Umji before leaving. SinB smiled at her.

 

  • SinB, I will see you after, ok ? asked Yuju as she winked at SinB. The latter nodded but when Yuju let go of her hand she felt empty again. So she stopped her: 

 

  • Wait, Yuju … promise me you won’t leave. 

 

Yuju chuckled. 

 

  • How can I leave my girlfriend ? she said as she left. But before that SinB ran after her and gave her a tender kiss.

 

  • I love you. she said and Yuju mouthed an « I love you too » before leaving for good. 

 

SinB turned towards Sowon and she noticed that Sowon eye’s were twinkling as if she was on the verge of crying. 

 

  • SinB, I am also sorry for myself … because from what I see I have lost you for good. resumed Sowon. But as long as you’re happy I will be happy too. 

 

SinB didn’t know what to respond. 

 

  • You managed to make me shook. You know why ? Because I remember how you were so afraid to take the dive. You didn’t know how to swim even though you would still take the leap. But now that I look at you, it is almost as if I couldn’t recognize you. You changed. Indeed, you don’t hesitate to do the first step and you do it flawlessly. But this is the only result of all your hard work and your relentlessness. And you should know that I am proud of you.

 

SinB’s tears flooded. But hopefully Sowon was here to wipe them away. 

 

  • Now SinB all I wish for you is that you keep swimming towards new seas of happiness. And that from now, bright waters are the only ones into which you will take the dive. 

 

 

THE END

-------------------------

First I am really sorry but this past months I had litteraly no life. So I hadn't the time to write the chapter. 
Now I am back and I am really sorry if you have to reread the story because you don't remember it and if the end is not well written. 
Please I need to know what you think of the story, so don't hesitate to write a comment. 

Finally I wanted to thank you for having taken the time to read the story, for your support and your comments. 

I really hope that you liked it and I hope to "meet" you again in my future stories.

Thank you  

xoxo :)