CHAPTER 2

Dive

I know I've already said it but I highly recomend you to read every chapter (even if you don't like some ships)  in order to understand the story. 

--------------------

The next day, SinB was not in a good mood at all. She didn’t sleep very well because of what happened with Yerin. She went to work but she wasn’t as nice as usual. A few times she made mistakes with the command. Hopefully no one went to complain to her boss. At the end of the day, her boss told her to clean all the bar because it was very dirty. She wanted to complain but she kept quiet because she didn’t want to lose her job. Everybody had already left because it was time for dinner. She was the only one and she had to clean the bar all by herself. She began her work. Twenty-minute later, she was almost done when suddenly she spotted a figure coming towards her. It was a girl wearing sunglasses: she was so tall and thin. SinB thought she was a model. Normally, SinB would have been by her, but she was too moody for it. So when the girl approached her and talked to her, SinB didn’t even bother to look into her eyes. She kept sitting on her knees and cleaning the floor. 

 

  • Excuse-me? said the girl. 

 

  • What ? replied SinB with a cold tone. 

 

  • May I know where is the restaurant, please  ? 

 

  • Which one ? 

 

  • Oh, there are many of them ? 

 

  • Of course, stupi …  SinB wanted to shut up but it was too late. 

 

  • What did you say ? Did you just insult me? 

 

  • No, said SinB. Hopefully she was looking at the floor because if not the girl would have probably see the guilty smile on her face. 

 

  • Look at me ! The girl was clearly angry.

 

  • I am cleaning. I don’t have time. replied SinB with still the same tone. 

 

  • Fine, I will tell your boss. 

 

  • No … ok ok what do you want ? said SinB while looking up. When she did, she felt the girl’s face suddenly change. Even though she had sunglasses on, SinB could still feel that her expression changed. 

 

  • SinB ! screamed the girl. 

 

  • Yeah, it is me, thanks I’ve forgotten. Why are you screaming ? SinB had learned her lesson with Yerin meaning that she thought the tall girl has read her name on her shirt. Except that this time it was not the case. 

 

Indeed the girl took her chin with her hand. SinB’s eyes widened. She tried to remove her hand but the other girl as if she saw it coming, caught her wrist with her other hand. 

 

  • You hadn’t change, SinB. 

 

  • What the hell are you talking about ?! SinB was clearly mad. 

 

Suddenly the tall girl removed her hand from SinB’s chin and removed her sunglasses. 

 

  • There is no sun anymore. she stated. 

 

But SinB was too shocked by what she was seeing in front of her. Her face became white.

 

  • So … Sowon ? 

 

  • It is about time, I hope you remember me. No, you have to remember me. 

 

How could she have forgotten ? Never will she forget Sowon … her first real love and her ex. 

Sowon was three years older and she taught everything to SinB. Well, everything that is linked to party, alcohol and . SinB was very innocent before that. Sowon is actually the only girl with who SinB was a bottom. She held too much power on SinB, it was risky. So much that SinB ended up hurt. Indeed one day she caught another girl sleeping in Sowon’s bed, so she ran away and never went back. 

 

  • Where have you been all this time ? asked Sowon. Why didn’t you pick up the phone whenever I was calling you? Everything was fine but one day I woke up and I was told that you had left. Why, SinB, why ? 


SinB was speechless it had been more than a year since she saw Sowon for the last time. She was really happy back then, SinB remembered all the good memories. But she was so in love even obsessed by Sowon that when she saw that girl in her bed, her world collapsed. She felt an immense pain for months and she put the blame on Sowon. She made her like that. As a consequence, she began to sleep with anybody, to get drunk every night and to smoke. But hopefully times heal everything. She still relapsed sometimes though. 

 

Sowon approached her and put her hands on SinB’s shoulders. 

 

  • Tell me, SinB. Why did you leave me? 

 

  • Don’t touch me. SinB said as she moved back. 

 

 SinB didn’t want her demons to come back and for that she had to stay away from Sowon. 

 

  • Why are you acting this way? 

 

For SinB, it was almost frustrating how Sowon pretended to be innocent. 

 

  • You know, why. Don’t pretend you did nothing. SinB replied with her most serious voice. 

 

  • What did I do ? said Sowon confused. 

 

SinB had enough. So she quickly finished her work and ran away. Sowon was not fast enough to catch with her. SinB ran in her room and sat down on the floor. Her whole body was shaking. Again, she put the blame on Sowon. Why did she have to appear when everything was better again? 

SinB slept very badly this night again. 

She woke up every hours. Hopefully she didn’t have work the following day. She woke up at eight and swore she will get revenge on Sowon. She decided to take the dive and make Sowon suffer. She came up with a good plan: she made Sowon fall in love with her so much that she will end up obsessed. Then she will cheat on her. It was give and take.
She went to take the breakfast and she easily spotted the tall girl. She sat in a table when she was sure Sowon would see her. Bingo. Sowon is already on her way towards her. SinB decided to keep her pokerface for the moment as she didn’t want to make her act too obvious. 

 

  • SinB, please tell me what’s wrong with you ? asked Sowon while sitting in front of her. 

 

SinB kept quiet on purpose. Sowon took her hand. She looked so desperate. SinB thought it will be very easy to make Sowon crazy for her. 

 

  • I am sick. she confessed and lied. She looked up into Sowon’s eyes and she saw her desperate stare change into a worried one. The grip on her hand tightened.

 

  • What do you mean ? asked Sowon. 

 

  • That was the reason why I ran away. said SinB. I am slowly recovering. 

 

  • Is it because of me ? asked Sowon. SinB wanted to nod but she lied instead: 

 

  • No but I left because I didn’t want you to worry about me. 

 

  • You leaving me is way worse than anything else, SinB. Are you better now ? Did you receive a treatment ? 

 

  • Yeah but sometimes I get angry for nothing like yesterday, with you.

 

  • Don’t worry, it doesn’t matter. Because I am here now. 


SinB was going to blush but she had to remind herself that she was just acting. She shouldn’t fall in  the trap. Sowon had to fall in love with her but it was inconceivable that SinB fell too. 

She nodded shyly. She spent the rest of the day with Sowon. The latter hadn’t changed at all. She was still the same. She was so caring and sometimes a little bit foolish. SinB did act like she did when they were together which means that she was that cool laid back girl a little bit innocent but very stubborn. She was also teasing a lot Sowon especially since could be sometimes stupid. They were like Tom and Jerry. But Sowon could also be impressive and charismatic so much that SinB felt shy or impressed as a result. Sowon was also very romantic. That’s why she suggested to go to the beach at sunset. Back then, SinB was even more obsessed of Sowon because of romantic side. She would have melted by the suggestion. And now, she was even struggling to keep her feelings shut. She struggled when Sowon took her hand gently and lead her towards the water. They were the only one here. 

 

  • I remember how you were so afraid to take the dive. I know you don’t know how to swim, but I mean even in a pool in which you can touch the bottom …  started Sowon while watching the sea. 

 

  • I am still afraid. admitted SinB and it was the first true statement she had said since the start of the day. 

 

Sowon turned towards SinB and she had this worried look on her. But SinB saw also love and somehow pain in her eyes. Sowon had empathy but it was not like she pitied SinB it was like she was feeling SinB’s pain. As if she wanted to take a part of SinB’s pain in order to make SinB suffer less.

 

  • SinB why did you leave me ? You know I would have never reject. I would have helped you. I would have taken the pain away. 

 

SinB didn’t know what to say. Sowon looked so honest. SinB started to call into question her point of view: maybe Sowon didn’t cheat? Well, it was clearly her bed but she wasn’t in the bed. She was showering, well in the bathroom of the bedroom but still. 

 

  • SinB, what are you thinking ? Did you suffer a lot when I wasn’t there ? 

 

Sowon put her hand on SinB’s shoulder while the other was still holding SinB’s one. And SinB gave in:

 

  • I … I … Sowon, it hurt so much I thought I would die. She confessed another true statement as she couldn’t hold back her tears anymore. She cried so much that the sea was probably envious of the amount of water she produced. 

 

Sowon took her in her arms and SinB let her do so. 

 

  • Don’t worry. I am here now and I will never let you go, never again. She said and she sounded like crying too. 

 

SinB didn’t know how long they stayed like this. All she knew was that it felt good. But she couldn’t tell if it was because she was crying or because she was in Sowon’s embrace. Now that she was in her arms, she felt warm again and suddenly she realized how much she had missed that. How much she had missed being in her protective and loving arms.
She broke the hug but her arms stayed around Sowon’s waist. Sowon’s eyes were sparkling and they were full of love. Sowon put one hand on SinB’s cheek and caressed it softly. 

 

  • I have missed you so much, SinB. You can’t imagine. But now it's me who is too afraid to take the dive.

 

SinB looked into her eyes and she saw a little bit of fear but Sowon wasn’t looking at her eyes. She was looking at her lips. So SinB took the dive. She approached her face towards Sowon’s one. She looked so desperate and needy. But maybe SinB too as she crashed her lips on Sowon’s ones. They were soft almost fragile at first. But then Sowon reacted quickly and deepened the kiss. It was like a battle. SinB was always losing it. And again, she lost. Sowon had so much passion. It was powerful how she put her hands behind SinB’s neck and on her hair. She caressed them while she was devouring SinB’s lips. The latter let her do so. She completely surrendered to Sowon.
SinB didn’t recall how she ended up on the sand just in front of the water, with Sowon on top of her. All she knew was that she was completely swallowed by the torrent of feelings she tried so hard to keep shut. She couldn’t control her body and her mind was going crazy. She felt a leg between her tights and became also uncontrollable. She didn’t want to sound this desperate and needy but she couldn’t help. It seemed that the friction increased at the moment sounds slipped from and with the movement, the volume of the sounds also went high. She was practically screaming and Sowon was encouraging her to go on. Sowon didn’t let SinB put her hand on . She grabbed both of her wrists and put them on the sand above SinB’s head. To make sure SinB will not move, Sowon kept and tightened her grip on them. SinB felt like she was on the verge of passing out. Soon, her vision started to blurry as the stars in the sky were disappearing so she closed her eyes. But even in the dark of her eyelids, she started seeing stars, as she felt herself panting even more and the sounds getting even more high. She was like being high. She felt hot and pearl of sweat were flowing on her forehead as her body was moving with a frenetic rhythm. Soon, even the stars disappeared, letting the black of the space completely swallow her mind. 

 

When SinB woke up, her skin felt the cold sand. The stars in the sky were still shining. A piece of clothe was covering her body. 

 

  • Good morning. said a voice. 

 

SinB turned her head towards the owner of the voice. Sowon was there sitting besides her and she was clothed.

 

  • Isn’t it beautiful ? Sowon spoke again while watching the sea just in front of them. SinB nodded. 

 

  • You know, continue Sowon, I loved how you took the dive but in the end you only jumped while I did the rest. It's good to take the dive but you have to swim on your own after, if you know what I mean. 

 

SinB was confused at first, but then she saw the smirk on Sowon and she understood. 

 

  • How can you say something like that ? she asked with an annoyed tone and a hoarse voice. 

 

  • I was just joking. I really appreciated how you kissed me first. But you know what I liked the most ? 


SinB was blushing but she still kept the eye contact with Sowon. She shook her head as an answer.

 

  • How you scream my name, answered Sowon, even if from one point it didn’t sound like my name anymore. Sowon chuckled. 

 

SinB felt so shy all of a sudden, but deep down happy too. She stood up and put quickly her clothes on then she head silently towards the water. 

 

  • Where are you going, Hwang ? asked Sowon and SinB stopped when she heard her name.

Sowon was the only one who called her by her surname and that triggered a flow of memories in her head. Sowon caught up with her and took her in her arms. Yeah, SinB was definitely happy she took the dive. 

----------

End of the second chapter

I hope you liked it.

Don't hesitate to comment, I would really appreciate that. 

Thanks 

xoxo