CHAPTER 12

Dive

Everything went so fast. SinB was driven to the police station but then one hour later, she was told that the complaint had been withdrawn.  She was driven then to another place. All of this without even her consent. When SinB got out of car she felt in a nightmare … just in front of her was the place where everything started. 

Soon, the girl, SinB struggled to avoid appear just in front of her. 

 

  • SinB ! said Eunha while running to her. The first thing she did when she reached SinB was to hug her. Normally, SinB would have rejected her but she was lost. Indeed she didn’t have a reason anymore to push her. SinB decided to give up.

 

  • You won Eunha. 

 

  • What ? What did I win ? 

 

  • I gave up, you’re happy ?! said SinB with a very angry tone. 

 

  • I don’t know what it truly means but does it mean that we’re back together ? That you won’t leave me, never again ? 

 

SinB didn’t answer. Instead she looked down. She really didn’t want to go back with Eunha because after all, she was the main reason of all her misfortune. But she really didn’t care so she chose to stay quiet. Eunha like always took her silence as an affirmation. She kissed SinB’s cheek then she stayed hanging at SinB’s neck. 

 

  • I miss you so much. she confessed and again SinB answered with a silence. 

 

Eunha stuck to her the whole day. She was always there, yet it didn’t bother SinB only because she didn’t care. 


In the evening, Eunha had to do something and SinB could finally breath. She only realized how this hotel was a gilded cage. She had everything except freedom. She unconsciously went towards the pool. 

 

She looked at the water. It was almost frightening how it could be so dark in the night whereas it was translucide in the day. The lightning of the moon and the stars weren’t enough. Only the sun could make it bright. It was just like SinB: even if this place offered everything it wasn’t enough to make her happy. The difference was that her sun wasn’t there and she wondered if she will see it again. SinB chose her answer: she will not wait for it. She thought as she jumped in the dark water. 

 

She wanted to disappear. Her only wish was to never see the surface again. She wants to feel her body empty all it air. She wants to feel her lifeless body float on the water. She wants her spirit to leave her body and never return … never again. She wants her mind to rest in peace … forever. 

Finally, she wants her previous jump to become her last dive. 

 

Soon, her wish started to be fulfill as she felt like she was more and more quitting reality. Then, everything went dark. 

 

The athletic girl was walking on the beach. She didn’t know why she had a bad pressentiment. It was as if she had to return to the hotel. Why would she ? The pool was totally forbidden and she made sure of that with a public announcement in the afternoon. Still, her mind was telling her to go back. And her feet led her unconsciously to it. She didn’t know why but she started to run. 

Then, she arrived at the pool. She had a sigh of relief for a second but then she noticed something floating … a body. She began to panic but she didn’t hesitate to jump. She managed to reach the body. But then she felt like dying when she recognized it, so much that it was like she forgot how to swim. It was a complete paradox as she was a lifeguard. She managed to stay strong as she knew any second wasted would have a huge impact. She put the girl on the edge then she went out of water. The girl wasn’t moving but the tall girl was too afraid to check whether she was breathing. She put the pressure on the chest as she was taught, but nothing happened. She really began to panic as it wasn’t the first time. No she shouldn’t think about it, she shouldn’t let the demons of her past haunt her. Not when there was still hope. Or maybe it was too late. And she would have failed … again. No she couldn’t let that happen especially not when the girl was no other than her crush. 

 

  • Wake up, SinB ! 

 
But there were no movements. So she started to shake her while screaming: 

 

  • SinB ! Please ! Wake up ! 

 

She really looked desperate and her heart was beating so fast she hoped she could transfer some of the beats to SinB. But the latter wasn’t moving nor responding at all. So she tried a last attempt: she used mouth to mouth. Never would she have thought that touching SinB’s lips for the first time would be in that situation. But she would do anything to save her even if that means sacrificing her first kiss for it. However it felt like kissing a statue as SinB wasn’t responding to it.

 

  • SinB …  Her low tone made it sound like a goodbye.

 

SinB was laying on the floor with her head on the lifeguard’s knee. One would have thought she was sleeping because she looked so peaceful. But then the storm came on her face, as tears began to rain on her. And with that the rage through a last pressure put on her chest, made her spit out all the dark water which was preventing her from joining reality. SinB opened her eyes and cough. She had never been this needy in air. Indeed, she was gasping as if her life depended on it which was somehow very true. 

 

  • Yuju … she called between gasps.  I … can’t … breath … help … me. 

 

Yuju nodded repeatedly as her smile showed her relief. But there were still worry in her eyes. She took SinB’s hand. 

 

  • It is okay, I am here. she eventually said. 

 

Minutes passed and SinB eventually felt better. Still, she felt weak. She found it hard to keep her eyes open. So she gave up and closed them but that triggered immediately a reaction from Yuju: 

 

  • SinB ! she cried out while shaking her. 

 

  • I am still here. said SinB with a low tone. I am just closing my eyes. she added. She was speaking very slowly. She seemed to be on the verge of losing consciousness too. 

 

SinB couldn’t hear anymore. All she knew was that she was being lifted and there was this shampoo scent. She really didn’t want to let go so she held onto what is seemed to be a neck. She let the movements soothe her. 

 

SinB opened her eyes and the stars welcomed her. She didn’t know how many hours she was asleep. 

She tried to move her head but the pain prevented her from doing so. 

 

  • Hey … said a familiar voice near here. SinB moved slowly her head and noticed Yuju sitting beside her on the bed with a book in her hands. 

 

  • How do you feel ? she asked as she put down her book. SinB noticed the rings under Yuju’s eyes. 

 

  • I feel better. she responded honestly before trying to stood up. 

 

  • Slowly SinB. said Yuju and she was almost whispering. SinB listened to her and let Yuju help her. 


Slowly, the headache disappeared and she felt good again. But now that Yuju was there in front of her, she didn’t know what to say. 

 

  • Why ? asked Yuju. 

 

SinB arched an eyebrow. 

 

  • Why what ? 

 

  • Why did you want to drown yourself ? And don’t lie to me by saying you were trying to be a fish. I know what I taught you, you know how to swim a little. 

 

SinB looked down. She had to tell her the truth. 

 

  • I did it because I wanted to escape from this hell. 


Yuju looked shocked. 

 

  • What do you mean ? 

 

  • Eunha … she took everything from me even my freedom. I did try to fix everything but in the end she won. On top of that, I am sure she was the one who called the police. 

 

  • I don’t understand everything. But what I know is that you’re wrong SinB. Eunha told me how Yerin played with your mind and took you with her. 

 

  • How could you believe Eunha !! Weren’t you the one who was always warning me about her ?! And now you accused Yerin who did nothing but help me ! Besides you don’t even know Yerin ! 

 

  • I do know her and I even spoke to her. I only saw her in the hotel parties but it was enough for me to believe that she is bad. 

 

  • What did you see or hear that make you allege that !? 

 

  • I saw how she was tricking girls by getting them drunk and drugging they glasses. Then, she was taking them to who knows where and who knows what the hell she was doing to them. 

 

  • You don’t know what she was doing to them, so you can’t say that. 

 

  • Open your eyes SinB ! She was sleeping with them ! She took advantage of them while they were too drugged or drunk to witness anything. 

 

SinB was speechless. She didn’t want to believe Yuju but deep down she doubted. Indeed because a memory reappeared in her mind. The night she went with Yerin to the nightclub was too blurry but again it could be because she herself drank a lot on her own. 

 

  • Still, Yuju. Yerin treated me well: She put me up, got me a new job and was driving me to it every day. She was always the one paying too. So even if she really did that to these poor girls I don’t care because I don’t believe you. While Eunha … she destroyed me. 

 

  • What did she do for you to say such things ? 

 

  • She sent a message to my ex. 

 

  • What message ? 

 

  • I really don’t know but it was that bad that she broke up with me and threatened me by saying she will call the police. 

 

  • How did you know that it was Eunha who wrote the message ? 

 

  • Because it happens that she knows here as she is surely her ex or maybe worse her current girlfriend.

 

  • And you think she did that like that she will have you all for herself ? 

 

  • That can be a possibility but maybe she is just pretending to love me while she had my ex all for herself.  

 

Yuju nodded then they decided to leave Yuju’s place. SinB was surprised as it happened that Yuju was currently living in a beach house and her bedroom had a glass ceiling offering a beautiful view in the night. There was a refreshment area on the beach. They decided to go there. 

 

  • Yuju, thank you. said SinB. 

 

  • For what ? asked Yuju. 

 

  • For saving me … again.

 

  • It wasn’t easy because I thought you would die. I was thankful I managed to save … at least you. 

 

  • You can’t blame yourself for what had happened once, I am sure you did everything. And in my case: even if I had died, you wouldn’t have to blame yourself. 

 

  • You don’t know what happened ! And I would have killed myself if you had died. Yuju looked so revolted, she even had tears in her eyes. I wouldn’t be able to live without you. 

 

The last sentence made SinB frozen. Was Yuju just confessed her feelings to her? SinB didn’t know what to say. She didn’t know how to react. But it was weird: wasn’t Yuju already in a relationship with a boy ? SinB wasn’t even sure of that.

 

  • SinB … said a voice behind them. 

 

They turned towards the owner of the voice and SinB’s eyes widened. In front of her was the same girl Yerin and her tracked just the day before: Umji. 

 

  • I have finally found you. added Umji. 

 

SinB was dumbfounded. She didn’t know what to say and Yuju looked lost. 

 

  • Can I talk to you privately ? asked Umji. 

 

SinB nodded. They both left Yuju and went a little far from the refreshment area but they stayed on the beach.

 

  • SinB, you have to listen to everything I will say, ok ?  

 

SinB was confused but she was impatient so she just nodded. 

 

  • I want to apologize for everything. I was supposed to stay quiet but I can’t keep that for myself anymore. I feel so bad and guilty even if it wasn’t my own willing. I didn’t want to do you harm. But she asked me and I just can’t refuse her anything. confessed Umji and she seemed on the verge of crying.

 

  • I don’t understand ? Get to the point. 

 

  • I was demanded to drug you, sleep with you and film everything in a way it will make you look like you me. That’s why I did the day we first met. Then I showed the video to my sister and … as planned … it put an end to your relationship. uncovered Umji while crying. 

 

SinB felt herself boiling up. The last sentence made her explode so she jumped on Umji. 

 

  • Who demanded you to do it ? she asked as she began to choke Umji. The later tried to push her but SinB was too strong. It felt like Umji didn't want to reveal that information. But SinB's grip tightened.

 

  • Eunha … she eventually confessed before she ran out of air. 

 

-------------

End of the twelfth chapter. 

The end is near. 

What do you think will happen ? Is this the end for Umji (does she deserve to die ? ) ? 

Don't hesitate to share your opinion with a comment

Thanks 

xoxo