Completely Colored

Shattered and Pieced Back Together

 

The four that were in high school entered the gates and gaped at the school. It was the hugest school they’ve ever seen. It was bigger than Station 506, even!
“Whoa...”,Zelo whispered and looked around.
Just then, Daehyun saw from the corner of his eye that his badge suddenly turned just plain white.
His eyes widened.*What the hell?! She said it’ll only turn it’s complete color when I find my true love! Why is it being like this?!*
Just as Jongup was about to enter with the other two, Daehyun grabbed the back of all three of them.
“Ow! What’s your problem, Daehyun hyung?!”,Youngjae frowned.
“What’s my problem?! THIS IS MY PROBLEM!”,he yanked the bunny pin off his shirt and showed it to the three.
“Whoa. It’s plain white.”,Jongup said and looked at his, who was it’s normal green and black color.
Zelo furrowed his eyebrows,”Wait. Didn’t our commander say that it’ll only turn it’s complete color when we’re with our true love?”
“OH CRAP! SHE’S HERE! HIS SOUL MATE IS A HUMAN!”,Youngjae screamed, but it was blocked by Jongup’s hand.
They looked around for the girl with a pin with the complete color, but spotted no one.
“Maybe it’s just a glitch. Come on, let’s go.”,Jongup said and they entered the school, but Daehyun was still uneasy. *This isn’t just some glitch. Someone is here and I know it’s my soul mate. I just have to find her.*
Little did he know, a girl with a cute bow badge had the same thing happen. The girl pulled the badge off of her shirt gently and cradled the complete white colored bow in her palms. *My... Soul mate is here, right? That’s what they said to me before they kicked me out. It’s probably just a glitch. But how come I still have this uneasy feeling?* She bit her lip and entered the school.
--
The desks were paired up together in partners. Daehyun and Jongup sat together while Zelo and Youngjae sat in the desks next to theirs. They were happily chatting while Daehyun was looking out the window, hoping to be able to go to the rooftop.
Just then, his badge turned completely white again. His eyes widened and he grabbed Jongup’s shoulder,”Jongup!”
“What? Sheesh.”,Jongup pouted and turned to him.
Daehyun pulled off his badge again and practically shoved it in his face,”IT’S COMPLETELY WHITE AGAIN!”
Jongup leaned back in surprise,”Then, she has this class?!”
All four of them became alert and looked at the door, seeing who just entered.
They gaped at her,”Whoa...”
She had long, straight, light brown hair and black eyes. Her uniform was just the right size, not too small and not too long, her skirt ended at where her thighs were ended. Everything about her seemed perfect, but one thing caught Daehyun’s attention the most. Her white bow badge had just turned completely white as she entered.
“No way... There’s another cyborg here besides Number 0918?”,Zelo whispered.
“I don’t know, and I don’t care. She’s really cute.”,Jongup muttered.
“Hold on, I’ve never seen that bow badge before.”,Youngjae furrowed his eyebrows.
Daehyun didn’t hear anything they were saying because all of his attention was on her.
Just as she turned her head, she met eyes with him instantly. They stared at each other in silence and time seemed to stop for both of them.
*He has the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen.* The girl thought.
*She’s my soul mate, right? My soul mate. She’s perfect.* Daehyun continued staring at her. But sadly, the teacher came in, ruining the romantic amptnosphere.
“Lee YooHye, sit down, please.”,the teacher smile at her.
YooHye snapped out of her daze and broke eye contact with Daehyun first and nodded. She headed to her seat that was just in front of Daehyun’s and Jongup’s desks.
The lesson began and Daehyun felt his heart beating loudly.
--
The bell rang, signalling break. Just as the bell rang, YooHye stood up and walked out into the hallway. Daehyun’s eyes widened at how fast she left and put his pencil away quickly to follow her. “Yah, Daehyun hyung. What’re you looking at?”,Youngjae slung his arm over his shoulders.
Just as he stepped out into the hallway, she was gone already. Daehyun looked around before running into the supply closet, leaving the other three behind.
“He’s not doing what I think he’s doing, is he?”,Zelo frowned.
“Ah, really! Doing this on the first day...”,Youngjae muttered before running into the supply closet as well with the other two not far behind. Just as they closed the door with them inside, they spotted Daehyun no where at all.
“Looks like he really did teleport. Rooftop?”,Jongup asked and put his hands together.
In no time, the three of them were at the rooftop, hiding in the exact place where Daehyun was.
YooHye was already there, sitting on the edge with her legs dangling down from the roof top.
“She really is a cyborg, huh?”,Zelo whispered.
Daehyun, not even surprised, nodded.
YooHye felt her badge lit up again and she looked over her shoulder back at the four hiding, where not even a normal person could see them.
“...You can come out. I know you’re there.”,she said and looked forward again.
Daehyun smiled and came out first while the other three stayed behind. Daehyun sat down next to her and rested his palms on either side of his body, supporting him from his bottom not completely taking in all the weight.
YooHye glanced at him,”You’re badge...”
“You noticed? Yeah, I’m a cyborg. You are too, aren’t you? Since you have one too?”,he tilted his head.
She warily nodded,”Sure.”
“I’m Number 0628, Daehyun. What about you?”,he held out his hand with a friendly smile.
“I can’t tell you my number, but I’m YooHye.”,she slipped her hand into his.
“How come you can’t?”,he questioned.
“...Maybe if I get to know you more, just maybe I will.”,she muttered.
“I guess that makes sense. Maybe I shouldn’t have said mine then, huh?”,he gave a low chuckle that made YooHye’s heart flutter.
The two sat there in comfortable silence until the bell rang. They stood up together and walked to class. The other three came out of their hiding spot and began walking back to the classroom.
“I don’t know why, but I feel like there’s more of a reason to why she won’t tell him her number.”,Youngjae tilted his head while swiping his thumb across his bottom lip in thought.
“I think so, too. The way she was made me feel weary.”,Jongup nodded in agreement.
--
School ended and Daehyun offered to walk YooHye home.
“A-Actually, I’ll go myself.”,she stuttered.
She didn’t want to risk anything.
“Why? Don’t you live just down there? I do, too. We can go together.”,he smiled.
“It’s fine. I- Uh- I don’t want to burden you.”
“...Okay, since you seem so opposed to it.”,he teased.
She gave a small giggle which made the smile on his face become a grin.
“I’ll see you tomorrow, Daehyun-ah.”,she tenderly said and left.
His heart fluttered and his ears turned red.  The other three came up behind him and started walking home together as four.
“How nice, leave your bestest and closest friends and go to a girl you just met.”,Youngjae teased.
“She’s really cute, and calm. I like her personality, too. She seems so perfect, it’s seems so surreal.”,Daehyun sighed happily.
*That’s the key word, Daehyun hyung. Seems.* Zelo sighed and trudged behind.