Released

Shattered and Pieced Back Together

 

Jongup cleared his throat and finally knocked on the cold door.
Previously, the B.A.P members were playing rock paper scissors to see who would go talk to the YooHye look-a-like to attempt to get them out of there.
“Y-YooHye.”,he stuttered.
There was no answer so he knocked louder and called her name again,”YooHye.”
This continued five times before he finally gave up and opened the door,”YooHye-”
He gaped at the large room but there was nothing in there at all except for an hour glass and key.
“Seriously, what is up with hour glasses lately?”,he muttered before walking closer.
He looked inside the hour glass before he finally noticed that it wasn’t just a normal hour glass.
There was a picture of the real YooHye in there.
Jongup furrowed his eyebrows and picked the key up before taking the hour glass in his other hand, examining it.
He saw a hole where the key would fit exactly. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. *Should I go back and tell the hyungs? No, what if the look-a-like comes back? I can’t risk getting caught.* He was in a deep debate but as soon as he heard the doorknob turn, he slipped the key into the hole quickly.
He turned the key and instantly, the hour glass popped open and he was in a whole new place.
He looked around in concern and worry. *. What the hell did I do?! I’m stuck! I’m gonna die!*
He frowned and started walking around,”Hello?”
“Who’s there?!”,he heard someone shout in alarm.
“Wait... TALK AGAIN!”,he shouted.
“NO! TELL ME WHO YOU ARE!”,the voice shouted at him.
He instantly began running in the direction in which he heard the voice come from.
And to his surprise, YooHye was sitting there.
--
YooHye was anxiously tapping her fingers against the ground. *Why do I keep hearing voices?*
“H-Hello?”,she asked as she heard the footsteps come closer and closer.
Jongup gaped at her,”YooHye.”
She looked up and tilted her head,”Jongup?”
“What’re you doing here?”,he asked and sat down next to her.
“I’m trapped here.”,she pouted and twirled the wire between her slender fingers.
Jongup opened his mouth to talk, but felt something under his palm.
He lifted up his hand and YooHye turned her attention to him,”What is it?”
He cleared his throat and revealed his fist, only to find the key still in his palm.
“Key?”,they both asked at the same time and looked at each other.
They met eyes and Jongup began seeing their similar facial features. *Why does she have the same eyes, nose, and lips as me?*
“How did you get here?”,she suddenly asked, breaking him out of his daze.
He held up the key,”This and an hour glass.”
She straightened up,”Hour glass?! Can you get us out of here if I get you an hour glass?!”
“Uh, I don’t know...”,he muttered and raised an eyebrow in thought.
“Wait here. I think I can find an hour glass..”,she whispered and stood up.
She tugged the wire off of her back and was walking in a random direction before she was pulled back down,”Wah!”
“You’re just leaving me here?!”,Jongup hissed.
“I’ll be back-”
“NO! I’M COMING! What if that guy comes?”,he mumbled and stood up.
“Oh you mean-”
“DON’T SAY HIS NAME! OR HE’LL REALLY COME!”,he snarled and covered .
“If I say someone’s name, they’ll come?”,she tilted her head in thought,”Huh, I wanna try. JUNG DAEHYUN!”
They stood there and waited. After five minutes passed, they gave up,”Huh, looks like it doesn’t work for just anyone.”
Jongup rolled his eyes and grabbed her wrist,”Weren’t we looking for an hour glass?”
“Oh! Right!”,she squealed and began leading the way to a secret door.
--
She quietly slid the door open and stepped inside with Jongup right behind her. No one was in the room.
She walked towards a desk and pulled open a cabinet. Inside was an hour glass, but this time there was a picture of Daehyun inside.
“Oh! That’s like the one I opened earlier! But it had you inside!”,Jongup pointed at it.
He grabbed it off the shelf and rotated it, looking for a key opening.
As soon as he found one, he was about to slide the key inside, but YooHye stopped him.
“Why? We should hurry before he comes!”,Jongup furrowed his eyebrows.
“We should do it together, otherwise only you will get out of this place.”,she rolled her eyes and slid the key inside with her hand on top of Jongup’s.
The hour glass lit up and they both appeared in the lab in which Daehyun and the other four were.
“JONGUP!”,Himchan screamed and ran over, catching him in an embrace.
“Whoa.”,Jongup stumbled back slightly and patted Himchan’s back.
“YooHye!”,Daehyun shouted and ran over. He pulled her into his chest and wrapped his arms around her waist as she stood there, surprised.
“Did anything happen?”,he whispered.
She shook her head slightly,”Except that we all got kidnapped, then no.”
“That’s a relief.”,Zelo sighed.
“Let’s go. I think I found a way to get out of here.”,Youngjae said as he touched a picture on the wall,”Did you two get here through pictures that were in hour glasses?”
Jongup nodded slowly,”How did you know, hyung? Were you following me?”
“You’re so right, Jongup. I have nothing better to do with my life so I go around watching my dongsaengs. Yup, that’s who I am!”,Youngjae said sarcastically and rolled his eyes.
Jongup pouted in defeat as YooHye pulled out of Daehyun’s embrace and looked at the six of them,”Look, I don’t know what’s going on but we have to get out of here before that girl comes for you guys. I sure that if she does come and catches us leaving, then we’re all screwed.”
Daehyun opened his mouth to agree, but YooHye’s look-a-like appeared.
“I knew this would happen.”,she sighed and came over to the seven with her arms crossed.
“Don’t try to play with my mind. I’m right here.”,YooHye lifted her chin.t
“I’m not messing with your mind. Actually, I was created through your mind. I’m all of your insecurities. You think you’re fat, so I’m as skinny as can be. You think you’re a good girl, so I’m a bad girl. You think you hate Daehyun...”,she looked at Daehyun ,”So I love Daehyun.”
“The last one is wrong, isn’t it?”,YooHye looked at her look-a-like,”We both ‘love’ Daehyun. Though, our love for him may be different in multiple ways.”
“Oh? And why do you say that?”,YooHye’s look-a-like dared her to continue.
“I love him because he’s my soul mate. Yet, you love him because you’re just my insecurities. I think Daehyun doesn’t love me, which is where you come in and start loving him. I know that you won’t ever have the same love for him as me because,”,YooHye grabbed Daehyun’s badge that was on his shirt and pulled it close to her badge,”We’re soul mates.”
As soon as YooHye said that, an hour glass broke open and everything that happened before the six of them were kidnapped was released from the hour glass.
A photo of YooHye and Daehyun floated around YooHye's head and Daehyun reached out, catching it into his palm. He stared at it before smiling and squeezing it lightly in his hand before it shattered into a million pieces of sand. He let the sand fall onto the floor and stared at YooHye in awe. *I wonder if what you just said, was real?* Daehyun wondered.