Fading

Shattered and Pieced Back Together

 

*This is just in case a couple of you got confused with what Yongguk told Daehyun in the previous chapter: Yongguk meant that it was as if the commander or their boss was sending down people from their flashbacks so that the two(YooHye and Daehyun) could re-live them, so that they could remember or something^^
--
The seven of them stopped in an abandoned alley in downtown Seoul.
They doubled over to catch their breaths,”Oh gosh.”
“That was a lot of running.”,Youngjae pouted and leaned against the wall.
YooHye sighed and curled into a ball without her bottom touching the ground as she buried her face in her arms and closed her eyes in silence.
The only thing that could be heard was their breathing that was slowly becoming normal again.
YooHye eventually fell asleep in that position and her head tilted slightly.
“Where to now? I don’t trust going back home or to her place.”,Himchan nodded at her.
“We can always go back to Station 506.”,Jongup brightened.
“But then what about YooHye?”,Daehyun whispered and went into the same position as her. He curled a piece of her hair behind her ear and rested his cheek on his knee.
“We can take her, too, can’t we?”,Zelo looked at Yongguk, full of hope.
Yongguk slowly shook his head,”No. Remember? She was kicked out and people who are kicked out can’t get back in.”
“Then, let’s just leave her here?”,Himchan asked,”I mean, we know now that she’s not planning on doing anything rash. So, we can go back now, can’t we?”
“No!”,Daehyun blurted and shot up.
“Why? Weren’t you hating on her like an hour ago?”,Zelo raised an eyebrow.
“T-That was before I found out she was my girlfriend..”,he muttered.
“But does it matter? I mean, I’m not an , but I thought you couldn’t love her? No one could. What’s the point of staying with her when she can just cause us more trouble?”,Jongup frowned.
Little did the six know that YooHye was awake for fifteen minutes now, just enough time to hear what they were saying.
*I’m that much of a burden? Maybe it’s best if they do leave. I won’t be a burden to my own kind anymore.* YooHye closed her eyes again and slowly, she began fading away.
When she disappeared completely, Daehyun turned around and his eyes widened,”WHERE DID SHE GO?!”
“What?! She’s gone?!”,Youngjae ran over.
“How...? I didn’t even hear anything.”,Himchan scratched his head.
“Oh well, she probably had a place to stay in mind. Let’s just go to Station 506 for today, and come back tomorrow, yeah?”,Yongguk asked and disappeared to Station 506 with HImchan, Youngjae, Jongup, and Zelo right behind him.
But, Daehyun uncertainly looked around. He looked down at his badge and the light slowly began fading.
“Y-YooHye!”,he called.
“LEE YOOHYE!”,he shouted and looked around the abandoned alley.
After thirty minutes of looking in and out of the alley, he finally gave up and disappeared to Station 506.*Please be okay, YooHye-ah.*
YooHye’s knees weakened when she saw that Daehyun had given up on her. She dropped to the ground and clutched onto the badge she took off so that the light would slowly disappear.
“He gave up on me..”,she whispered and clutched onto the badge harder.
YooHye gave a sad smile,”Of course he did. I mean nothing to him, nothing at all.”
She stood up and jumped off of the roof, only to be encountered by the mysterious man.
--
Sorry the chapter's so short!><