Cracked

Shattered and Pieced Back Together

 

After L.Joe had disconnected the call with Daehyun, he rolled YooHye on her back.
“YooHye.”,he called and tapped her cheek.
Her cheek was pale and sunken in, as if she was gone.
L.Joe had no worry and simply grabbed the hour glass on the stand. He set it down next to him and tilted it upside down. He began mumbling things and slowly, the hour glass began to light up, bringing light back to YooHye’s face as well.
Slowly, she began to wake up.
Her eyes fluttered open and she blinked, adjusting to the light.
“You okay?”,L.Joe affectionately asked while her cheek.
YooHye’s eyes widened and she pushed his hand away while sitting up on her elbows,”Don’t touch me, you creep.”
“Gosh, is that how you talk to someone who just brought you back to life?”,he rolled his eyes and put the hour glass back on the stand.
“I’m leaving. I have some things I gotta do.”,he snapped his fingers and left her alone and bored in the plain, empty field.
“What am I supposed to do now?”,she pouted and rested her cheek on her hand.
She suddenly remembered the hour glass and crawled over.
She closed her eyes and crossed her legs as she began to concentrate on Daehyun’s voice.
Daehyun-ah? Are you there?
YOOHYE!
Whoa, you’re still sitting there by the hour glass?
How could I not when you died on me or something?
I did?
You don’t remember?
Not at all.
Why? I remember. You passed out on me and then I was perfectly fine.
All I remember is L.Joe waking me up.
Just then, L.Joe suddenly appeared and YooHye gasped.
“I felt someone saying my name.”,he simply said and grabbed the hour glass.
“Hey, put it down.”,YooHye grabbed his wrist.
“No thanks. I think I’ll take this with me.”,he smirked and just as he was about to snap his fingers, a tiny zap come from the hour glass.
“What was that?”,YooHye gazed at the hour glass in awe and curiosity.
Slowly, tiny cracks began forming in the hour glass and it wasn’t long until the whole hour glass broke and all of the sand spilled onto the carpet.
As it did, everything went blank, everything turned black, and everyone out.
--
About an hour later, Daehyun woke up and shot up instantly.
He blinked to adjust to the suddenly change of light and saw Jongup laying next to him.
“Jongup. Get up.”,he shook Jongup’s shoulder.
Jongup didn’t stir at all as he was still shut down, but Daehyun had no idea.
He tried shaking Zelo who was on the other side, but he didn’t do anything either.
Daehyun was about to walk forward, but was being held back by something. He fell on the ground and blinked in surprise. He looked back and saw a wire plugged into his back.
“Whoa! What the hell!”,he gaped at it and began frantically looking around. He finally realized that he wasn’t at Station 506 with the other five anymore. They were in a lab room.
“Huh, you woke up earlier than I expected.”,he heard someone mutter.
He turned around only to meet eyes with a girl. She was like the mirror image of YooHye, except that her eyes were white instead of YooHye’s normal black colored eyes.
“Who are you? And get this wire out of my back so I can wake up the others.”,Daehyun snarled.
“Why should I? I finally got you where I wanted. And this time, no one can get in the way, especially YooHye.”,she answered.
“Speaking of her,”,Daehyun’s eyes narrowed,”Where is she?”
She simply shrugged,”No idea. Me and L.Joe agreed that he’d get to keep her as his... Well... I don’t know. But we also agreed that I can keep you six.”
“I’m not a damn toy. Now let me go before I get out myself.”,Daehyun hissed.
“I’m afraid I can’t let you do that, Daehyun-ah.”,she turned to leave.
Daehyun ignored her and pulled the wire out of his back.
Just as he was about to pull on his shirt, YooHye’s look-a-like looked over her shoulder,”If you want YooHye alive, I suggest you stay there with that wire.”
He paused,”What can you do to her anyway? I’d save her in a heartbeat.”
“And I can kill her in a heartbeat.”,she snarled.
She turned around and narrowed her eyes,”I agreed that I would keep you away from her so L.Joe could keep her. The deal was that if we let one of you leave, we would kill the other. So, if you leave, then YooHye dies. If YooHye leaves, then you die. Either way, you’re stuck as a puppet here, soul mate.
She left with a glower as she snapped her fingers and disappeared.
Daehyun gritted his teeth in anger. *What the ? A puppet? How the hell am I supposed to live life in a freaking circle?!*
Abruptly, Jongup’s switch was suddenly switched on and he shot up instantly,”NOONA!”
“N-oona?”,Daehyun blinked at him in surprise.
“YooHye Noona..”,he whispered and then began blinking quickly. He suddenly stopped and snapped out of his daze,”Oh, hyung.”
“Why were you talking about YooHye? Did you have a dirty dream about her? I swear, if you did-”
“I was talking about YooHye? Number 0918?”,Jongup furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.
“You don’t remember?”,Daehyun asked.
“Not at all. Anyway, why are we here? I thought we were still at Station 506?”,Jongup puffed air into his cheeks.
Zelo and everyone else began waking up at the same time.
“YOOHYE!”,Himchan suddenly shouted when he shot up.
“What?”,Jongup, Yongguk, Daehyun, and Youngjae asked.
“I have no idea.”,Himchan shook his head and blinked fast.
--
“You sicko! e! GET THIS WIRE OFF OF ME RIGHT NOW!”,YooHye was shouting at L.Joe.
She was in her tank top trying to tug the wire out of her back.
“Calm yourself, gosh. I’m not a e, technically, because we’re the same age. “,he rolled his eyes.
“I DEMAND TO BE FREED! I’M NOT A DAMN DOG!”,she screamed and continued struggling.
“How many times do I have to tell you? I’m not letting you out. Why? Because you’re MY SOUL MATE.”,he emphasized.
“NO! My soul mate is Daehyun! JUNG FREAKING DAEHYUN!”,she screamed in his face.
“Oh? And why do you say that?”,L.Joe rested his chin in his palm.
“Because... Because... We kissed before!”,she fibbed.
“When?”,he asked.
“...Two days ago! EXACTLY TWO DAYS AGO AT THIS TIME!”,she defended her lie. She would do anything just to get him to let her go.
“That doesn’t mean anything. I can kiss you right now if I wanted to.”,he shrugged and stood up to go.
“THEN.. WE DID IT!”,she lied once again.
He paused,”Did what?”
“Did.. You know... That.”,she furrowed her eyebrows at her own lie.
*What am I even saying?* She shook the doubt away and continued lying,”We did stuff.”
She noticed how L.Joe’s jaw tensed up.
She smirked to herself. *He’s cracking.*
“Who knows, maybe it’ll happen again.”,she shrugged as if it was nothing.
When she saw no reaction she mentally rolled her eyes,”How ironic, that it just happened the day before I got kidnapped? Huh, maybe it’s a sign.”
L.Joe stormed off in anger before he could explode.
When she saw that he completely disappeared, she giggled and stuck her tounge out,”Hehe, er!”
She was laying on the cold ground with the wire still in her back.
“Pfft I’m so bored.”,she muttered to herself while making faces.
She closed her eyes to pretend to sleep, when she suddenly heard someone calling her name. She knew for sure, once the person called for her for the fifth time, that it wasn’t in her head.
She sat up warily,”...Is someone calling me?”
--
Sorry it's late! x.x~ I was going to update during class, but everyone was watching me so I felt awkward. LOL.