Secrets Revealed

Shattered and Pieced Back Together

 

The seven of them were sitting in an abandoned cafe.
All six of the B.A.P members were staring at YooHye in interest as she was nervously fidgeting in her seat.
“So, YooHye, how old are you?”,Yongguk asked while putting his hands together.
“...18.”,she answered and looked up at him.
Yongguk glanced down at her badge before looking back up to meet her eyes,”I haven’t seen that badge before. Aren’t you in a group like us?”
“Um, yes, I was in the same group as Number 0918, but when she was kicked out, we disbanded.”,YooHye answered.
“Speaking of Numbers, what’s yours? I’m sure Daehyun has told you his already, right?”
“I-I don’t feel comfortable talking about Numbers. Especially since I just met you, sir.”,YooHye politely stated.
“We can tell you ours, if you feel uncomfortable about it. Number 0331, Yongguk.”,Yongguk said and hit the back of Himchan’s head.
“Number 0419, Himchan!”,he said automatically and blinked.
“Number 0124, Youngjae.”,he said in a monotone voice.
“Number 0206, Jongup at your service!”
“Number 1015, Zelo here!”
“Number 0628, Daehyun, as you already know.”,Daehyun smiled.
“Now the question is,”Yongguk leaned forward,”What’s your Number, YooHye?”
“...I don’t remember?”,she tried fibbing.
“How can you not remember? Your Number is automatically stored in your brain when you’re created by your commander. Even if you disbanded, then you should still remember, because you can’t just erase your memory.”,Himchan pointed out.
Daehyun carefully watched YooHye’s expression. *How come she’s so opposed to telling us her number? Could it be... Is she Number 0918?!*
His face became a mask of horror and he yanked off his mouth mask,”ARE YOU NUMBER 0918?!”
Everyone’s eyes widened except for Yongguk and they looked at her for an answer.
“I-I.. Daehyun!”,she gaped at him.
“It makes sense. You claim you were in the same group as Number 0918’s, and you supposedly can’t remember your Number.”,Yongguk said.
“I can remember my Number. Very clearly, as a matter of fact. But last time I checked, there was no where in the rule book in which it stated I had to give it. If there is so, please show me.”,YooHye simply said and leaned back in her seat.
“Fine, have it your way. We can just have Zelo here give a Number check-”
“Number 0923.”,YooHye quickly declared.
“...Number 0923?”,Jongup furrowed his eyebrows.
“That’s not right. Number 0923 is SooAe.”,Zelo said, his eyes dark as he was mentally going through the list of Numbers.
“0926.”,YooHye said.
“Invalid. Number 0926 is Hyunwoo.”
“0972!”,YooHye began getting impatient to why this kid was scrolling through.
“Invalid. Number 0972 is Minhyuk.”
“Tell us your real number, YooHye.”,Youngjae looked her straight in the eyes.
“...Number 0918.”,she whispered.
“WHAT THE !”,Daehyun exploded and stood up, slamming his palms on the table.
“Jung Daehyun!”,Himchan barked.
“Hell no. Zelo, tell me Number 0918 is someone else, dammit!”,Daehyun grabbed Zelo’s shoulders.
Zelo furrowed his eyebrows and scrolled up to Number 0918, only to see it printed as:
Number 0918 - Cyborg unavailable
“Number 0918 - Cyborg unavailable.”,Zelo said exactly as it was printed.
“Unavailable?”,Jongup tilted his head questioningly.
“It says unavailable because Number 0918 was kicked out. Of course, she was the first cyborg to ever be kicked out, anyway. They didn’t trust her anymore because of that. So, they decided that deleting all data related to her would make her disappear, but that apparently didn’t work, seeing that she’s right in front of us right now.”,Yongguk informed.
Daehyun looked down at his badge which was still completely white and stormed over to YooHye.
He grabbed her by the shoulders and fiercely glared at her.
“Daehyun hyung! Let her go!”,Youngjae’s eyes widened.
“So, you’re saying this thing is my soul mate?”,Daehyun hissed.
Thing? You’re acting as if you call my name, you’ll automatically die. Why? Am I a poison to you, too?”,YooHye furrowed her eyebrows,”Let go of me, Number 0628.”
Daehyun scoffed,”What happened to ‘Daehyun-ah~’?”
“Let go of me, you .”,YooHye narrowed her eyes.
“Tell me, why didn’t you say anything about being her?”,Daehyun asked.
“If I said anything about being her, then what would you have done? Nothing at all, which is what you’re doing right now. You can’t change that fact that mine and your badge continues to completely color when we’re together. You can’t change the fact that you’re Number 0628 and I can’t change that fact that I’m Number 0918.”,YooHye threw his arms off of her shoulders.
--
“MAKE MY BADGE STOP CHANGING COLOR, DAMMIT!”,Daehyun screamed and threw his badge at the TV, which the commander was on a video chat with B.A.P.
“Dang, I’ve never seen Daehyun this worked up before..”,she whispered with wide eyes.
“You said I’m perfect, right? Since I’m a cyborg, I’m perfect, but why isn’t my soul mate? You said every cyborg was perfect, but why is my soul mate a cyborg that ISN’T perfect?! TELL ME!”,Daehyun demanded.
“Jung Daehyun. I told you, I didn’t create you. I just pressed the ‘On’ button which brought you to life. Boss is the one that created you and he created your soul mate. He made the both of you as one and there must be a reason for that. Just because she’s Number 0918, that doesn’t mean that she isn’t a cyborg.”,the commander was serious for once.
“WHY HER?! You told all of us that she was nothing but trash. Worthless, used, and thrown away. Why the hell would you pair ME with HER?!”,he still insisted on knowing.
“BECAUSE, DAMMIT! SHE WAS YOUR FREAKING GIRLFRIEND!”,the commander shouted, losing her temper.
After a moment of silence, she finally realized what she said and clamped a hand over .