Flashbacks

Shattered and Pieced Back Together

 

“What did you just say?”,Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows.
“I said... leeyoohyewasyourfirstgirlfriendever HEY DAEHYUN! Did you know that Minhyuk got a dog? Really adorable thing. Brown, fuzzy. Like a teddy bear! Oh gosh, I like wanted to eat that thing up, that’s how cute it was! I think his name was Domo-”,the commander was cut off.
“I DON’T CARE ABOUT HIS STUPID DOG! Did you just say that Number 0918 WAS MY GIRLFRIEND?!”,Daehyun practically screamed.
“YAH! DON’T SCREAM! I’M NOT DEAF!”,she pouted and covered her ears.
“Actually, tell me more about the dog Domo. He sounds so cute! Hyung, let’s buy a dog like Domo!”,Himchan beamed.
“Himchan, this is NOT the time for you to be trying to convince me to buy us a damn dog. Maybe tomorrow you can talk to me about it, BUT NOT RIGHT NOW.”,Yongguk hit the back of Himchan’s head.
The commander sighed and solemnly nodded,”Yes, Daehyun. Number 0918, Lee YooHye, was your first girlfriend and you loved her a lot.”
“If I loved her so much, then how come I can’t remember anything at all about her?!”,Daehyun ruffled his hair in annoyance.
“When we deleted her data, we had to delete your memory about her, and we even deleted her memory about you. It took a long time though. We deleted everyone’s data about her but yours was the most difficult to get rid of. Every time we would turn you back on, you would always ask us where your beloved girlfriend was.”,her eyes began to get watery,”YOU WERE THE CUTEST COUPLE I’VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!”
--
YooHye was sadly lying in her bed, staring at the roof.
*Maybe I shouldn’t have yelled at him like that. No. I shouldn’t feel bad. He yelled at me first. Why did I have to be Number 0918? Why did I have to be stupid enough to act up?*
She angrily sighed and threw a pillow at the ceiling and as it fell, she let it land right on her face.
Suddenly, she felt the badge light up.
She sat up quickly and pulled the badge off, staring at it in disbelief.
“D-Daehyun? Are you here somewhere?”,she stuttered.
When she heard nothing but just footsteps, she began to hyperventilate.
“D-Don’t come! Who is it?!”,she shouted, alarmed.
She suddenly saw a flashback of her and a boy, thought only the back of the boy’s head could be seen.
“D-Daehyun?! Where are you?!”,she shouted, looking around, scared.
She could only hear footsteps slowly approaching her and she hid under the blankets.
She touched the lit up badge and squeezed her eyes closed. *Daehyun, that’s you, right? But, how come it’s scaring me so much, like it’s not you?*
Abruptly, the blanket was pulled off, but it wasn’t Daehyun.
“AHHH!”,she screamed as she was snatched off her bed.
Her eyes widened in horror and she stood up, alert.
*What the was that?! WHY IS MY HEAD BEING LIKE THIS?! , I’m acting up, right? I need to get out of here.*
She ran over to the window and expertly jumped out.
Just as she escaped and was running in a random direction, someone was watching her from the window of her room.
“Huh, I guess you learned your lesson from last time, Number 0918.”,the man smirked and took off the fake replica of Daehyun’s white bunny badge which was lit up and threw it out the window. Without a glance back, the mysterious man disappeared.
--
“I can’t believe it. Number 0918 was my girlfriend.”,Daehyun miserable frowned and held his head in his hands.
“Well... At least you did date you soul mate.”,Jongup awkwardly scratched his head.
“...This is really weird now. And quiet. It’s usually never this quiet.”,Himchan pouted.
“I knew we shouldn’t have come to Earth.”,Youngjae sighed and sat down next to Daehyun.
“Hey, I have an idea! To brighten up the mood, let’s go buy a dog! Not just any dog, but the most adorable freaking dog there is! We can name him... Y-YongChan.. YongChanDaeJaeUpLo! YES!”,Himchan squealed at the name he made up.
“Okay, Himchan, we’re not getting a dog today! Damn, how many times do I have to tell you?!”,Yongguk shook his head but held up his hand for a high five,”I give you a props for the name though. Pretty sick.”
Himchan grinned and slapped him a high five.
Just then, Daehyun felt his badge light up.
He slowly lifted his head and looked around. Abruptly, he saw a flashback.
Daehyun looked outside the window and saw a mysterious man carrying a girl. She was passed out while the guy was easily carrying her on his back.
Daehyun shrugged.*Probably just some guy with his girlfriend.*
He looked down at his badge that was lit up and brightened. Happily, he looked back out the window and up to see if his beloved girlfriend was on the roof, but there was nothing or no one there.
He furrowed his eyebrows and touched the badge.
Slowly, as the man and girl disappeared, the light on his badge disappeared as well, and that was all that happened before someone lifted up Daehyun’s shirt and tugged on the switch, turning it from ‘On’ to ‘Off’.
Daehyun touched his throbbing head and ran over to the window.
He saw a girl running, but without a man. His badge was still as colored and bright as ever and he finally mustered enough courage to shout,”YOOHYE!”
She stopped and turned around, her eyes widened,”D-Daehyun!”
“Come here!”,he motioned.
She glanced around before running over and jumping in through the balcony.
Without thinking, Daehyun caught her in an embrace. YooHye, not thinking much about the situation and just being scared to death, wrapped her arms around his neck tightly.
“Daehyun. D-Daehyun.”,she whispered while burying her face in his neck.
“Why were you running? Did something happen?”,Daehyun soothingly her hair.
“T-There was this n-noise and my badge lit up and I heard footsteps. T-This weird flashback happened.”,she sniffled.
“Wait, you heard footsteps, your badge lit up, but no one was there?”,All five of the other B.A.P members stood up and strode over.
The two finally snapped out of their daze and quickly pulled apart.
“Y-Yeah. It was weird, too. In my flashback, I was at home, like I was just now, and then I heard footsteps. I hid under my blanket, hoping it was Daehyun for some reason, and the blanket was pulled off, only for a man I don’t know to appear. I was kidnapped in that flashback and I got scared so I ran.”,YooHye explained.
“Hyung, I had a flashback, too. Just now when my badge lit up, I had a flashback of a guy with a girl passed out on her back. I didn’t know what was going on so I just simply thought the girl was the guy’s girlfriend. But then, when they disappeared, the light on my badge disappeared, too. Then, someone lifted up my shirt and turned me off.”,Daehyun tilted his head.
“Could it be a sign?”,Himchan asked.
“I don’t know.”,Yongguk muttered and the video call, hoping that the commander would pick up.