Collapse

Shattered and Pieced Back Together

 

*Gray is Daehyun talking to YooHye through his mind and Pink is YooHye talking to Daehyun through her mind.(:
-----
YooHye startled awake from a sudden throb coming from the back of her head.
She clutched onto her head gently and flinched in pain,”Ow.”
She stood up and stretched before looking around the fog covered setting.
Something caught her eye and she slowly walked up to it. It was an hour glass.
The throb from the back of her head came again and she shut her eyes in anger. *It hurts so much, oh my gosh!*
YOOHYE! LEE YOOHYE!
Her eyes widened when she felt someone calling her inside her mind.
*What the hell...* She glanced down at her hands before quickly sitting down by the hour glass and closing her eyes again.
YooHye! Can you hear me?! Are you there?! She heard Daehyun shouting.
Daehyun? Is that you?
YOU’RE ALIVE! Are you okay?!
No duh that I’m alive. If I wasn’t, how could I be talking to you right now?
Right... Anyway, where are you? Can you imagine it?
Yeah. Why should I imagine it? It’s horrible.
Just do it. I’ll come for you, but I need to know where you are first.
Fine. You better hope that stupid paralysis thing doesn’t happen!
She rolled her eyes and looked around the room. After taking a mental picture, she closed her eyes and imagined it. Once again, the shock came, but this time, it affected both of them.
“AH!”,YooHye screamed before she was caught into the paralysis.
“WHAT THE HELL!”,Daehyun shouted and clutched onto his head before falling into the paralysis himself.
“Daehyun-ah!”,Himchan’s eyes widened and all of them ran over.
Daehyun was laying on the ground, completely still with his eyes wide. After the three minutes were over, he finally sat up straight, but slowly.
A throb hit his head and he screamed,”!”
“What’s wrong?! What happened?!”,Youngjae shook Daehyun’s shoulders.
Daehyun ignored the pain and closed his eyes.
YOOHYE! LEE YOOHYE! ARE YOU STILL THERE?!
Daehyun-ah!
What happened just now?! Are you okay?!
Yeah.. What about you? I completely lost your voice after that happened.
I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. Anyway, can you send it again?
No! I’m NOT going through that again! It hurts like hell!
Just do it! If we continue long enough, maybe we’ll break the barrier!
...You better hope so, Jung Daehyun! Otherwise, when I get out of here, YOU’RE DEAD!
Fine, I don’t care! I just need to save you right now!
YooHye imagined it again and gasped as the shock hit the both of them again.
Daehyun collapsed onto his knees again as he was put into a paralysis along with YooHye.
“What the hell are you doing, Daehyun?!”,Yongguk shook his shoulders.
After the three minutes finally passed, Daehyun shook his head and attempted to contact YooHye again, but Jongup snatched the hour glass away from Daehyun.
“YAH! GIVE IT BACK!”,Daehyun snarled and stood up to get the hour glass, but stumbled.
“Tell us what the hell is going on with you! Why do you keep collapsing on us every three minutes?!”,Jongup yelled.
“I’M TRYING TO SAVE YOOHYE!”,he snatched it back and immediately closed his eyes.
Again.
D-Daehyun, I don’t think this is a good idea. I mean-
JUST DO IT, DAMMIT! I DON’T CARE IF I DIE!
JUNG DAEHYUN! WHY ARE YOU BEING SUCH A BASTARD?!
Just. Do. It. It’ll work, I promise you.
YooHye frowned but did as told as the shock hit the both of them again.
This continued for exactly one hour and thirty minutes before YooHye began to hyperventilate.
A-Again.
Daehyun, I-I don’t think t-this is working. I feel like I-I’m going to d-die.
You won’t t-trust me.
Daehyun! I know h-how much I can handle! It’s been o-one hour! We can’t c-continue this!
Jongup grabbed Daehyun’s arm and looked him in the eyes,”Hyung, don’t you see? You’re not only hurting yourself, but you’re hurting YooHye, too.”
Daehyun, who was hyperventilating as well, weakly pushed Jongup away,”I-I saw a little bit of where she is. It’s working. I-I can d-do it.”
Start.
Daehyun-
YooHye. Start. Right now.
I don’t know what I did to get stuck with someone like you.
She sighed, but did it again.
--
YooHye finally collapsed onto the ground after two more hours of this continuous shock every three minutes.
Daehyun suddenly felt his heart stop for a second before it started working again. He seemed perfectly fine, compared to five minutes ago when he was at the verge of dying.
“Z-Zelo.”,he stuttered.
“Yeah, hyung?”,Zelo worriedly asked.
“Why am I not hyperventilating? What’s wrong with me?”,Daehyun touched his own cheek.
“I’m not sure. You were like two minutes ago, though.”,Zelo blinked.
...YooHye?
No answer.
YooHye-ah. Lee YooHye.
Silence.
Hey, answer me. This isn’t funny, you know.
All that could be heard was the sand from the hour glass hitting the bottom.
Daehyun shot up and looked around anxiously.
“What’re you looking for now?”,Himchan groaned.
“YooHye won’t answer me. There must be a reason, right? She’s probably just mad at me, right?”,Daehyun grabbed the remote to the TV and pulled off his shirt. He pulled out a wire that was connected to his back and connected it to the TV outlet and bit his lip while waiting for the TV to connect.
“You’re actually using that?!”,Yongguk gaped at him.
“I have to.”,Daehyun muttered and quickly dialed in 0918.
The monitor beeped eight times before it flashed on.
“YooHye.”,Daehyun called.
The camera that was connected to the monitor in front of YooHye was capturing YooHye on the ground.
“Lee YooHye, are you mad at me?”,he asked.
There was no movement from her whatsoever.
“YooHye! Answer me!”,he shouted.
He saw her back. Not seeing any breathing movements whatsoever.
Abruptly, the monitor lost signal and turned off. Daehyun’s eyes widened and he pulled the wire out.
“YOOHYE!”,he shouted before grabbing his shirt and throwing it back on.
He hit the TV once, hoping the image of her would come back on, but all that came on, was a straight, black line.