Run

Shattered and Pieced Back Together

 

After about eight minutes of waiting, the monitor finally clicked on and the commander appeared with a toothbrush dangling in with a towel tied around her head.
“What?”,she glared at Yongguk.
“...I’m not gonna ask about your towel. Anyway, Daehyun’s been having flashbacks lately.”,Yongguk said and pulled Daehyun over.
“What kind of flashbacks?”,she asked boredly and continued brushing her teeth.
“About a girl.”,Daehyun answered.
“Oh, that’s so very nice. Now if you will excuse me, I have to go rinse and spit and then lotion my face-”
“ABOUT YOOHYE!”,Daehyun shouted.
She tilted her head,”YooHye? You mean Lee YooHye? THE Lee YooHye?”
“Yes!”,Daehyun answered.
“...Who’s Lee YooHye?”,she asked, clueless.
“Oh my gosh are you serious?!”,Himchan frowned.
“OH! YOU MEAN THAT LEE YOOHYE!”,she grinned.
“Yes, that one.”,Daehyun sighed in relief.
“Sorry, still don’t know which one you’re talking about.”,she giggled.
Daehyun rolled his eyes and pulled YooHye over,”HER! NUMBER 0918!”
“OOOOOH! HER!”,her eyes widened in reconization.
“Oh my gosh.”,Jongup muttered.
“YooHye, have you been having flashbacks about Daehyun, as well?”,the commander suddenly turned serious.
“Yes.”,YooHye warily answered.
“What kind?”,she asked.
“...I was in my room and was being kidnapped, but for some reason, I was searching for Daehyun in my mind.”,YooHye explained.
*I was on her mind?* Daehyun looked at her and softened.
“Yah! Don’t go all teddy bear on us now!”,Youngjae whispered and hit Daehyun’s hand.
“Huh, is that so. I’ll tell someone about it. Also... YooHye.”,she called and YooHye looked back at her.
“Do you remember me at all? Or them?”,the commander pointed to the six behind YooHye.
She glanced at them,”I don’t remember you, miss. But, I know Daehyun and the others from school.”
*So she really did forget.* The commander’s shoulders slumped but she nodded,”Okay. I’ll call you back, Daehyun. For now, just stay calm and together.”
The call ended and the seven of them sat in the living room.
Everyone was sitting on the couch except for YooHye. She was sitting on the floor with her legs crossed and pulled to her chest.
She rested her cheek against her knee longingly,”I miss my bed.”
“Why do I feel like this has happened before?”,Daehyun suddenly asked and a flashback came through both of their minds.
YooHye was sitting on the ground with her cheek resting against her knee,”Daehyun-ah. I’m scared. What if they do erase me? What will I do without you?”
Daehyun softened and sat down beside her.
“Babo. Do you really have that little faith in staying by my side?”,Daehyun soothingly stoked her cheek.
She shook her head solemnly,”No, of course not. It’s just that... I really don’t want to lose you.”
Daehyun softly smiled and took her chin,”Hey, look at me.”
She looked up and met eyes with his warm ones.
He didn’t say anything and simply leaned in. Their lips met and the kiss was slow and passionate.
“Ah, ow.”,YooHye muttered, grabbing onto her head gently.
“What the hell.”,Daehyun’s eyes widened and he scratched his head.
“Why? What happened?”,Himchan asked, looking between the two.
“Flashback.”,they said and looked at each other.
“Was it about a kiss?”,YooHye furrowed her eyebrows.
“Yeah. How did you know?”,he blinked.
YooHye quickly wiped her lips with the back of her hands continuously,”EW! YOU KISSED ME!”
“WHAT?! YOU KISSED ME!”,Daehyun protested and began wiping his lips with his hand.
“NO! I remember clearly in the flashback that you kiss me! You tilted my chin and leaned in and our lips met and I-”,she stopped and turned crimson,”N-Nevermind.”
“You remember clearly? Why? Do you wish you could kiss me right now?”,he teased.
“GROSS! NO!”,YooHye pouted.
“Please don’t.”,Zelo pouted as well.
“Pfft looks like Daehyun’s back.”,Yongguk rolled his eyes.
“Please, I bet you do wanna kiss me. KISSY FACE~”,Daehyun teased and puckered his lips playfully.
YooHye made a face of disgust and pushed his face out of hers,”Get away from me, weirdo.”
As the two were bickering, Himchan heard a footstep upstairs.
He nudged Jongup,”Jongup, I heard something upstairs.”
He paused before nodding in agreement,”I did too, hyung.”
“Yongguk hyung! We heard something upstairs!”,Himchan whispered loud enough for the seven of them to hear.
Daehyun’s eyes widened,”Since someone came after YooHye...”
“Then someone’s come after you!”,YooHye gasped.
“Crap. Stay down here, Zelo, Daehyun, YooHye, and Jongup. Me, Himchan, and Youngjae are going to see what’s going on. Be alert, because if you hear a scream, you’re jumping out of that freaking window.”,Yongguk declared and ran upstairs with the other two.
“AH!”,Youngjae’s exaggerated scream came about five minutes after.
“JUMP!”,Daehyun shouted and all four of them jumped down.
“Hyung, what’s going on?”,Jongup blinked in surprise.
“I don’t know.”,Daehyun sighed and looked back up.
The next thing they knew, Yongguk, Himchan, and Youngjae jumped out,”ARE YOU STUPID?! RUN!”
As everyone began running, Daehyun slowed down to be at the same speed with Yongguk,”Hyung, what happened back there?”
“Remember that person the flipped your switch off?”,Yongguk asked.
“Yeah.”,Daehyun tilted his head.
“It was them. It’s like the commander’s sending all of your flashbacks back so you can re-live them or something.”,Yongguk muttered.
-----
And I'm off to make my clay charm of Daehyun! LOL.