Chapter 7

Eyes On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flight from Auckland to Incheon takes time between 12 to 13 hours. After eating his meal, Mark looked outside the plane’s window. The white clouds sting his eyes. He quickly turned his face. Because of boredom, and his eyes won’t close, then he ducked a little to reach out a magazine. In the same time, the plane turned around with auto-pilot to the programmed destination. Then the sharp sunlight hit his eyes. The bright white colour makes his view luminous. His ears ring.

When the sunlight moved away, Mark found himself at the beach, standing in front of the seashore. He looked toward in front of him, a teenage boy whom often appeared in his abnormal phenomena, was running with his barefoot stepped in the water. That unknown boy running so hard to escape. Behind him, a group of older villagers chasing after him while lifting up some tools that can be used as a weapon such as a broomstick, hoe and knife. They shouted out their oaths and swore.

Mark did not budge. The boy stumbled in front of his feet. He was there invisible. Free to watch but can’t do anything.

“Damn you, Jackson!”

“We will catch you, Jackson!”

“Chase him! Chase him!”

“Catch that thief!”

“Jackson! Stand up!” Mark worried when he saw Jackson who stumbled in front of him still not gets up while the villagers were approaching.

“Jackson!” Mark shouted again.

Jackson quickly gets up. He was panting hard. Without reason, he laughed when Jackson was able to run again leaving him behind. Mark shook his head.

“Come on, Jackson. Run! Run, Jackson! Run damn it!” Mark laughed. Amused watching the event in front of him as if he was watching a movie.

The villagers were approaching. Mark enjoyed watching Jackson ran away from the villager. When he turned around he shocked when the villagers headed towards him. Mark fall backwards because the villagers went through him despite his existence there as a ghost. Then the sharp sunlight hit his eyes. The whiteness hinders his sight. Mark’s ears ring again.

Mark startled. He relieved when he found himself on the plane. He leaned back, breath heavy. The passenger beside him looked at him with astonished.

“Bad dream, love?” The European women asked him. Love that’s not mean for love. Only to show their friendliness.

Mark confused, not understand with the greeting. The women passenger back to his activity which is reading an English novel by Tucker Malarkey.

 

+++++++++++++++++++

 

 

Jinyoung can’t sleep for the whole night. He worried about the company, about his family. The anxiety makes him uncomfortable. So he decided to go downstairs. The lights in the living room still bright.

“Jinyoung...” JB who focused on his bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter