Chapter 10

Eyes On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngjae sat on his apartment balcony. Alone in a bruise state. His house was dark when he came home. He went straight into the bathroom to check on his bruise then took a shower. And right now, he’s staring into the dark night.

The scene from a moment ago played in his mind.

‘I want information that Eric told you!’ his brain repeated Kris’ dialogue.

“Eric?” He murmured Eric’s name.

‘₩1,000,000,000 is a lot, Youngjae!’ He remembered Eric’s word before his colleague died.

“Did Eric tell others?” This time his heart whispered.

“Who’s paying Eric? Surely the man wants to overthrow JYP Company!” The question mark was on his mind.

Then he pulled out his phone. “Should I tell the headquarters?” he murmured while staring at the phone screen. He heaved a sigh. “I will tell them tomorrow when I come there, I think.”  He makes a decision and entered the apartment

 

+++++++++++++++++++

 

Mark slept like a log. It was out of his habit. His eyelids moved. He was dreaming. In his dreams, he was hurled backwards beyond the times. His childhood memory when he was in Scotland was played.

In a grassy field, on a hillside near the ocean, Johnny was teaching him how to shoot a shot. A group of men was watching him. Their attention was very focused. Only the sound of the gunshots and sea breeze swept around the environment.

In the round of the bullets, only four shots were hit the target. The rest was plunged to the ground. Johnny seems like he was not satisfied with Mark’s performance. He said something in the form of passion. Mark needs to be trained more. And the grassy field was suddenly changed to another place in a blink of an eye. Like a graphic image that separated two different places.

Mark now in the room. Johnny was stood before him while he sat at the centre of the room. The American man said something. He looks like a teacher teaching in class. The slideshow on the white screen displayed a word ‘discipline’.

“You will become the Mark that efficient, brave and discipline! Remember... obey the instructions. Disobedience means rebellious. The disobedience punishment is dead!” Johnny’s voice was so stern.

“Remember! You’re the last heir of Mr Kim’s family!”

 “Mr. Kim!” the surname was pressed again.

The image of Johnny became blurry then disappeared. Mark left alone there. The foreign place that he never been visited before. But he didn’t panic.

“Uncle John took you out from Korea because at there... your life was threatened. Remember, you are... Mark....” Johnny’s voice vanished at the end of the verse.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Mark awaked. He quickly got up and reached out a pistol from under his pillow. The barrel was pointing at every corner of the room. He looked at the television, no one there that threatened his safety, whether in the room or outside.

Nightmare? Mark said in his heart after he felt calmer. For all this time, he never dreams about his childhood in Scotland. He never dreams about his family either. He just imagined everything from Johnny’s story.

He lied down again, his eyes wide open looking at the ceiling. A pistol that filled with bullets still in his grip. Index finger dancing on the trigger. Suddenly, his mind was on Jackson. That man didn’t appear for this past several days. A face didn’t show any reaction. For all this time he lived alone, his life was filled with silence. His inner never been peaceful.

 

+++++++++++++++++++

 

 

It was 3 o’clock in the morning, JB and Kai still in the office. Only they left there. They did an analysis of the murder. All the evidence was still in an analysis by the forensic team.

“Money with note $1USD, the victim was killed cruelly... done without any trace left behind. The murderer was playing with us,” JB said.

That case now becomes a burden for him. He felt angry because they were being played by a man.

“The question now is why the murderer told us the location of the murder?”

The question that had been stated by Inspector Kai makes JB frown. The eye bag was visible under his eyes due to lack of sleep.

“Cat and Mouse.” Inspector Kai stated his own opinion.

“How?” JB asked.

“Like a game.” Inspector Kai said.

“Dead game?” JB sighed.

“What are you thinking about right now?” This time Inspector Kai asked him.

“This is a hidden agenda.”

“Whose agenda?”

“The targets... my father and Mr Yang.”

“You really clever in stating the theory of the investigation,”

The praised didn’t make JB felt proud of him. Instead, he felt more worried when all of this was related to his father. That meant his father’s safety was threatened. He will discuss this matter later, he just hopes that his father will listen to his advice.

 

+++++++++++++++

 

The appointment with Mr Han was set in the afternoon, Mr Park and Jinyoung had been scheduled to meet Mr. Han- one of the successful businessmen, to discuss their investment collaboration for the project at Busan. Mr. Han also invites them to have a lunch together. For the meeting, Youngjae needs to participate also for collaborative analysis purposes before any decision is made.

Jinyoung felt worried because Youngjae still doesn’t show up. Because of nervous and palpitations, he called Youngjae several times. But the called was answered by the machine operator that stating to leave a message after the ‘beep’ sound. Cooperation agreement should be made to expand the investment of JYP Company.

Jinyoung stepped out from his office room to ask the staffs about Youngjae. But no one knows where the investment strategist officer is. He didn’t leave any message to anyone too.  

Suddenly, Jinyoung’s phone ringing. When he saw Younjae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter