Chapter 15

Eyes On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They just got out from the elevator to the parking lot. Mark head out first to make sure the place is safe. Then he escorted Jinyoung to the car. His grip on Jinyoung arm was so tight. Jinyoung face flushed red because of the mixed feeling inside him, fear and anxiety.

“Why make me like this?” Confused to think of his situations right now.

“I already told you… your life not safe!” Mark said sternly.

“I’m fine. If anyone wants to kill me, of course I was dead.” Jinyoung whined with a careful tone of voice, did not want Mark to snap at him.

Mark halted his step. Jinyoung’s step was pressed on a rather dull cement floor. Their eyes collide. The faces of each change and differ. Mark serious while Jinyoung kinda asked for mercy to be released. But still, Mark can’t help but stunned by the younger beautiful.

“I was assigned to kill you, Park Jinyoung. But… I can’t. The sins of others will not be borne by others. It is against my principle. The task this time is not fair!” He said firmly in a low tone, between firm and persuasive, but the straightforwardness does not loosen up Jinyoung emotion at this moment. He still felt scared even before he was captured by the man’s feature during their first encounter at a restaurant.

“That night… did you intentionally watch me?” He asked hesitantly.

“Yes,” Mark admit his agenda behind his plan.

“But… why am I your target?” Mark slightly gentle attitude toward him made him, even more, daring to ask the question.

“To hurt your father.”

Jinyoung looks at Mark, his brow furrows in confusion.

“In the past… your father hurt someone else.”

“Who?” Jinyoung shocked.

His eyes blinked rapidly, the beads of sweat pooled on his forehead. In the basement area for the parking lot of the highest building, the heat makes him more restless. Mark refused to answer. Just let the younger wondering.

“Tell me… please.” Jinyoung rather insisting to know.

While he was waiting for the answer from Mark’s own mouth, suddenly they heard the sound of a scrambler motorcycle, with a loud noise. The rider of the motorcycle wore a black leather jacket, full-face helmet, speeding towards them. Mark felt something bad will happen. His guess was right when the rider pulled out a pistol. He immediately turned his body around, grabbed Jinyoung body in his embrace and hid behind a concrete pillar. Right then, several bullets point in their directions.

They shifted their position without leaving the concrete pillar. The motorcyclist was missed ahead. Mark took t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter