Chapter 12

Eyes On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rain makes the evening darker before the time. Mark stood in front of the JYP Company building. He’s like an army who is in wait, standing up waiting for the instructions to move.

And behind the black sunglasses, his gaze leads in one direction- the main door of the JYP Company building. He not just wants to see Jinyoung from afar, but to make sure about the younger’s safety. Mark believed there was a hired killer assigned to finish his task. And he was considered as fail. He knew Johnny didn’t have anyone other than himself.

His waiting was not long. Jinyoung appeared earlier than the real expectations. Mark knows the schedule goes back and forth of the man from work. He also knows the personal data of Jinyoung. Mark knows Jinyoung beyond himself who lives alone. He watched every move that Jinyoung made.

The raindrop slowed down, the sound of the rain hitting the road becomes deaf to ears. He embraced Jinyoung in every breath he took even though it was only in his imagination that he made in his own mind. Mark never felt that crazy before this.

He let Jinyoung’s step until he reaches a car. The blue umbrella covering his face occasionally. Then a man comes out from inside the car. Jinyoung told him something. That man nodding his head. Mark could guess that the man in a long-sleeved shirt was the company’s staff.

Jinyoung entering the car. Mark took one step forward, stopped when the raindrops hit him. He looked at several corners, finds something suspicious. The killer that shoots him before this probably changed his target.

The car that Jinyoung drive started to move. The car turn left then entered the main road. With a simple speed, the car is moving away. Slowly, it becomes small in Mark’s view then disappeared after turn to the left at the end of the four intersections with traffic lights.

Mark just followed him with his gaze only. Even though he left behind, but he had made all his feelings ran with Jinyoung to a place that he did not know. After he makes sure Jinyoung was safe, besides to fill his heart’s turmoil by looking at the man’s face, Mark turned away then entering the mall. He finds a cafe to spend his time with a cup of coffee.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++

 

JB focused on his investigation about the killer signature. He only found the history of the USA and the money from the internet.

“Aren’t you felt tired?” Inspector Kai asked him but his eyes still on the television.

“I had time to sleep after the operation last night.”

“Sometimes... I felt weird. Why this murderer always did the weird things? Leave behind money at the scene. If he wants to leave some money, why not just leave a thousand dollars then. It could be a lot right if we change it?” Inspector Kai laughed.

The other police under him and JB also laughed with him. Just to make up the environment that tense. JB still quiet though.

“The killer signature really makes me crazy.” JB seriously said about the matter.

“This is crazy!” Inspector Kai suddenly outburst.

The news on the television was started about 15 minutes ago. All of them were surprised when ASP Lee rushing entering the room. They stood up then bowed to him quickly. ASP Lee approached JB’s table and calling Inspector Kai too.

“I got a call. The caller’s voice was programmed through the computer.” ASP Lee said.

JB and Inspector Kai looking at each other. The other police also felt suspicious. Without any command, they gather behind JB’s table. ASP Lee told him the address of a hotel in Seoul, which is said to be a place of a murderer who they have been hunting for so long.

“The game of cat and mouse happen again.” Inspector Kai interrupted.

“What do you mean?” ASP Lee asked firmly.

“We always got fake information, sir.” Inspector Kai reported.

  “I already send the report to sir yesterday.” JB said.

“Oh... It’s okay. Just go investigate it. Maybe this time it’s real. This is an operation!”

“Yes, sir!”

 

++++++++++++++++++

 

 

 Mark sat on the couch. The rain outside still pouring down. After having a cup of coffee, he went home. And right now he sits facing outward through the open-air balcony. 

The solemn atmosphere surrounds him. Even though Jinyoung filled his heart, but his mind didn’t forget about Aroha in Cromwell, New Zealand. He remembered his vineyard at there. Lately, he misses his work as a vine grower. Working on something that is better than killing. His hand only dirty by the soil, better than the blood. The money he used right now is the blood money. For the moment regret knocking in his heart.

While he was busy throwing back all the memory in his mind, in addition with the night breeze that lulled him, he lost in himself. But the moment didn’t last for long. The chaos from the outside calling him. Johnny always teaches him to sensitive the the surrounding. It’s as a precaution as a killer like him.

Mark walked to the balcony, peeked at down the building. A police truck was parked there. The other police already ran into the hotel. From afar, he clearly can see a man with a police uniform on.

Mark calmly entering his room again. He put on his jacket

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter