Chapter 3

Eyes On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark and Aroha have their dinner at the restaurant located in front of Wakatipu Lake. Cold night breeze, plus with the moonlight on the expanse of the sky decorated with the stars, it turns out gave the tingling sensation to Aroha. Sincerely in secret, the Maori girl felt so romantic with Mark.             

The situation made they look alike a lover. But for Mark, Aroha not more than as his own little sister. He likes to stare at Aroha's face, sometimes smile a little. That mute look makes Aroha felt flustered.

“What?” Aroha smiled.

 "Nothing," Mark answered.

“Oh, come on... tell me, Mark.” Aroha urged in a gentle tone to persuaded.

Mark let out a small chuckled. Aroha held his hand which is placed on the table. They already finished their food.

“For all these times I have known you... only now I realize how beautiful you are, Aroha. Like the shining moon. Like the princess of Wakatipu Lake that lives in the mountains.” Mark said. Aroha laughed happily.

“You’re being poetic, Mark.” Aroha still held Mark’s hand.

 "I really hope you will marry someone who deserves you," Mark replied with a smile.

Her laugh becomes weak; slowly turn into a bitter smile. Deliberately turning her face toward Wakatipu Lake.

“Did I say something wrong?” Mark asked.

 "Emmm... nothing." She shook his head. A smile still on her lips. She just buried the feeling of displeased from hearing Mark’s words. She still did not confident with her own conscience.

 Aroha Irihapeti! His heart called the full name of the Maori girl. Aroha means love. While Irihapeti means someone who loves God very much.

Mark can guess Aroha’s feeling but he pretended not to know. Someone like him does not worthy to have a family. His work so dangerous, the risk so huge, life becomes a bet. He did not want Aroha to involve in his life. He didn’t want that Maori girl cries if something happens to him.

 

JB met Youngjae in the meeting room at Mr. Park’s company to investigate the information that the investment strategist officer knew.

When Youngjae walked in with a face of fear, he was able to observe the man's physical and psychological. Look confident but has a defective leg, limp while walking.

"You look so scared, Youngjae-ssi."Greet JB.

Youngjae surprised when he wanted to sit. It was true after all. The lines in his face show that he was scared. Extremes of abnormal emotions. No smile engraved on his face. Sometimes his body seems trembled.

“Please take a sit.”

“Err... tha... thank you.” He stuttered.

"You do not feel well?" JB asked.

Youngjae shook his head. He swallowed, sometimes his eyes closed, he let out a heavy sigh accidentally. His feeling shook like a 9.8 earthquake on a scale of Richter. JB let that man in such condition, just for a while.

"I... I'm involved in this case?" Youngjae asked.

"If the killer is caught, you will be a witness in the court," JB informs straightforward.

“What can I help for now?” in a forced willingness, he sighed again. His feeling not at ease as long as the killer was not arrested.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter