Chapter 13

Eyes On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark check in to another hotel. Not far away from JYP Company’s building. He walked into the hotel effortlessly, like nothing happen before. Paying with cash for one night using another passport. Mark has so many fake passports with a different name as a foreigner.

He also expert in overtake someone phone. He can intervene in between the phone call as if he’s the owner of the number phone. He capable to eavesdrop on others conversation despite far away from the target location. Mark- a human with thousand skills. Being a programmed human by Johnny to achieve Mark’s ambition.

But, the incident in Seoul makes he felt weird. He was a hunter at first but in the end, he’s the one who being hunt. He didn’t understand, how and why all of this happen?

When he arrived at the room, he lies down his body on the bed. Even though the room is small but he felt safe. Safe for the meant time. Tomorrow, the court will open again. He will continue to become a prey and victim.

He thought for a while. Then he decided something. He took out his phone and make a call to Johnny to explain the problem he faces right now or find the source for the problem. There’s no ringing from the other line. Only the operator machine answering the call asked him to leave a message after the ‘beep’ sound.

“Uncle John... please call me back, thank you.” He put the phone beside the pillow. A pistol is in his grip. Too many questions in his mind right now. Sometimes, he worried if he fails again. But his sane mind denied it.

Jinyoung and JB didn’t have any connection with his revenge. He thinks Johnny’s statement is unacceptable. But, his reason to ‘hurting more the old pain’ for his enemies is acceptable. Mr Park could be crazy just from losing his sons. The weird is, he didn’t let Mark to disturb Mr Yang. Not to kill either.

Johnny never brings out the issue except it’s something that involves Mr Park’s family only. But, Mr Yang still on the list too.

His eyelids almost closed when his phone went off. He took the phone and answering the call.

“Mark, this is Uncle John. I just land in London.”

“Uncle John... there’s someone who wants to kill me.”

“Who?” Johnny shocked. It was audible from the way his voice rising.

“You tell me,” Mark replied.

“I don’t know!” Johnny half scream.

“First, near the JYP building. Now, at my hotel. The killer is like a dog that can smell me everywhere I go.” Mark told him.

“You accuse me, Mark?”

“You admit it?”

“No! Not me damn it! I’m not gonna lie to you!” Johnny shouted in anger. “This is the second time you accuse me, Mark! I dare to swear, it’s not my plan!” Johnny defend himself.

“Don’t you dare to swear. I afraid it back to you, Uncle John.” Sounds like a joke but it was serious.

“If like that, then get out from Seoul now!”

“I can’t”

“Why?”

“I need to save Jinyoung. There’s someone want to kill him.”

“What?” Between want to believe it or not, Johnny felt like his head was hit from the back. He really really shock when he heard Mark’s decision.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++

 

It was 1.47 am when JB return back to his home. He finished the report then he sent it to ASP Lee. When he arrived, he slumped his body on the couch in the living room. Nobody awake at this hour.

Tears almost flowing out from his eyes when remembering the last night incident about the death of the two policemen. He still can hear the laughs and jokes they made when they have a duty together. The flashback makes him chuckled in tears.

“JB”

JB lifted his head. From upstairs, his father slowly walked down the stairs. JB tried to smile but the bitter still can be felt.

“Why you still awake, papa? You need to take care of your health.” JB said.

Mr Park stared at his son right into his eyes. The eyes telling a story- an explanation about the causing of JB’s sadness.

“Too much pressure can give a bad effect, JB-ah.” Mr Park said.

“I lost two of my members, papa.”

Mr Park rubbed his face with his palm, shaking his head slightly. Seeing JB in danger making his heart torn apart.

“Two suspect... one of them is a sniper. Both of them managed to escape.” Without hesitation, JB told him.

“Seoul must be in chaos.” Mr Park guessed.

“Your life is in danger right now, papa.”

Mr Park shocked.

“Two murdered have occurred. All the victims are related to papa.”

“I’ve been suspected?” JB’s statement felt emotional in Mr Park’s ears.

“No. Except there is a proof that can prove it.”

The line on Mr Park’s forehead seems deepened.

“You felt tension right now, JB-ah. Go to sleep and rest.” Mr. Park advice.

“I think... Mr Yang involves in this too.” JB said again.

“What are you talking about, JB-ah?” Mr Park felt uneasy. JB’s behaviour different from the other days before this.

“One of the suspect... he almost killed me, papa.”

“Then?”

“He said... me, papa, Jinyoung... and Mr Yang are on the death list. A killer will hunt us till he gets us, papa.” JB more worried.

“I hope you do not tell all of this to Jinyoung.” Mr Park pleaded.

“You... not surprised?” JB narrowing his eyes. Glaring sharply at his father like he wants to eat the old man. Mr Park feeling guilty.

“I suspect... Mr Yang is involved in this conspiracy,”

“You know Mr Kim’s family?” The ending question appeared.

“Mr Kim?” Mr Park’s face frowning. He really surprised.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Mark awake, startled then sat up and pointing the pistol towards the door. Last night he fell asleep after the call with Johnny. The rest of the day was hard for him. Then he dreams again of the tragedy that occurred in his family.

Mark still in the half-awake state. Now he felt the wound on his back shoulder was throbbing. Stinging even though the wound already dry.

He looked at his wound on the mirror. He also can see a scar crosswise on his back. He felt weird. He didn’t remember the cause of the scar.

Mark sat on the edge of his bed. Pondered, he tried to flash back everything that happened in the past. His face frowned. For all this time, he didn’t notice the scar. His mind can’t recall anything that leads to the scar.

Why don’t I remember anything?  The curiousness flowing to his face. The stings at his back shoulder had been long forgotten.

Mark turne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter