Chapter 11

Eyes On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A smile didn’t leave from Jinyoung’s face when he was in the lift. His father, Mr Park seemed calm. Today, happiness was on their side. While they having their lunch, Mr. Han offered collaboration to JYP Company related to investment in golden circle at Gangwon-do. The project was hard to resist. That’s the implicit agenda of Jinyoung and Mr. Park. They succeeded to get the contract even though JYP Company was among the ten other companies involved in the project.

When they reach outside of the building, Mr Park’s phone ringing. When he saw Mr Yang’s name on the screen, he ushered Jinyoung to enter the car first while he was looking for a suitable place to talk.

“Yes, Mr Yang?” Mr Park said. He often was looking at Jinyoung who was already sitting in the driver seat. His son was smiling to himself. His face looked very cheerful.

“You got the project from Mr. Han?” Mr. Yang’s voice sounded firm.

“The golden circle project, Mr Yang.” Mr Park honestly admitted.

“It’s a profit of a billion.” Not a congratulation but satire.

“Fortune, Mr Yang.” Mr Park said.

“Do you use Jinyoung as a bite? That Mr Han... is the biggest crocodile!”

Mr Park’s ears ache heard the words from Mr Yang that mingling with jealousy.

“I use an honest method.”

“Oh, really?”

“Mr Yang, do have anything to say? I have another business.”

“You being rude, Mr Park!” Mr. Yang’s voice began to tense up.

Mr Park felt guilty, Mr. Yang is indeed an old friend but he is also a competitor in the business world. Since long ago, Mr. Yang likes to think of himself as a senior leader to the business partner.

“Don’t forget our history, Mr Park!” Mr Yang brought up.

“Sorry, Mr Yang. I really need to go now.” Mr. Park pressed on the red button on his phone screen- ends call. He tired by Mr. Yang’s attitude. For years he forced to live under that man’s shadow. He feels controlled by, sometimes feels threatened. At the same time, Mr Yang betrayed him. He was silent for a moment. Old history flashed in front of his eyes.

His phone rang again. Once again, Mr. Yang’s name appeared on the screen. Mr. Park forced to pick up the call. Mr Yang’s voice was sharp piercing his eardrum.

“Damn you, Park! I will destroy you!”

Mr. Park shocked when Mr Yang abruptly turned off the phone.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

At the intersection, Jinyoung stopped the car when the traffic light was red. He used that time to give attention to his father. As a son, he also felt his father problem. Moreover, it involves the company they build on the sense of sincerity.

“Mr. Yang again, papa?” He can’t stand it anymore, so he asked.

“Hmm...” Mr. Park hummed.

“What he wants?” Jinyoung asked.

“In a corporate world, competition is like being on the battlefield. The strong soldiers will lose when they stand up against each other. Betrayal already synonym among us, Jinyoung.”

“How does he know we’re dealing with Mr. Han?”

“People like Mr Yang are hard to expect, Jinyoung-ah. Eyes and ears are everywhere.”

“And... Papa has also been an ear and eye for Mr Yang?” That question really challenged his credibility.

“From this day on, papa needs to determine to come out of the shadow of Mr. Yang.”

“The problem is... he ever helped us.”

“Just because of that, papa wants to be a slave for life? After all, Mr Yang looks like he wants to control us. JYP Company is our right. It’s up to us to do anything we want.” Jinyoung not scared to state his opinion.

Mr Park stared at Jinyoung’s gaze. The light from his son’s eyes showed the honesty that was truly sincere. And that advice was true though. He needs to change. Over the years, Mr Park has helped Mr Yang in many aspects. He was treated like a servant.

“Papa... please, fully concentrates on the company’s business. JYP Company is your love to the family. It needs to be defended. I will always stand by your side to defend JYP Company. Our love, we can’t sacrifice it. It should never be invaded by others too.” Jinyoung persuaded.

“Thank you, sweetheart.” Mr Park carved a smile. He proud to have an heir like Jinyoung who want to fight together for a love that devoted to beloved family.

The car line behind honking.

“Greenlight.” Mr Park said.

Jinyoung immediately changed the automatic gear. But, when he presses the oil, Mark who was rushing across and late catching the li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter