Jerk.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yeeun's eyes were only on the drink in front of her. She didn't touch it, she was just watching it. "He did it on purpose", she said to herself as fury invaded her. Her hands were shaking and she just kept replaying in her head his devious smile from before. 

- Hey... hey... Jaehyun's fangirl. - 

Yeeun heard mildly the voice from her right and turned slowly to Seokmin's happy face as he motioned to Eunwoo. Yeeun looked over at her friend and found out she was angry herself. She was also clenching her fists. 

- Jaehyun's fangirl, do you have more of those treats from yesterday? - Seokmin asked and Eunwoo turned around. 

- I told you my name is Eunwoo. - she said through gritted teeth but the ever so kind Eunwoo reached to her backpack and passed him the treats he was asking for. 

The exchange seemed so strange for Yeeun that she just looked at Eunwoo with a frown. 

- Have you ever talked to Seokmin before? - she asked her and Yeeun shook her head. 

- I don't recommend you to. He is annoying. - 

"More annoying than his friend?", Yeeun doubted it but now having been distracted from what Jungkook did Yeeun could go back to focus on her classes and the time passed by so quickly that it was lunchtime already next time Yeeun looked at the clock. 

The cafeteria was not full like in normal days yet Yeeun asked Eunwoo to save a table for them while she took both trays of food. Eunwoo shouldn't be carrying anything heavy since her arm was still hurt. 

However, when Yeeun was walking, a boy suddenly took her tray from her hands as another one took Eunwoo's. Even though she only saw their backs she could tell it was Jungkook and Seokmin. They walk away with her following them but she couldn't catch up to them. They got to the table where Eunwoo was sitting and Seokmin placed her tray of food in front of her before he sat beside her with his own tray. Jungkook placed Yeeun's and then proceeded to sit as well. 
Eunwoo looked at her with surprise but Yeeun could only look at Jungkook. 

- What are you doing? - she asked him. 

- What do you think I'm doing? I'm having lunch with my girlfriend. - he replied and Seokmin laughed out loud. Jungkook laughed with him. 

"So they think this is funny?" 

Yeeun's hand touched slightly the bowl of rice and for a moment she considered the thought of throwing it at Jungkook. He saw the movement and stared at her with a spark in his eyes. It was almost as if he was challenging her to do it. She decided not to and just sat down to talk to him quietly. 

- I don't care that you're doing this. I'll make sure everyone knows we're not dating. - she warned him and he nodded. 

- Do whatever you want, babe. -

- Babe? -  

A new furious feeling got in her when she heard him as both Jungkook and Seokmin laughed again. It was one thing to try to fool their classmates but they were in the cafeteria where the whole school could see and hear them. She only hoped for Younghoon to not be there. 

She tried to let it slide but when he put some of his food on her plate she almost threw a punch at him to erase the smug on his face. 

"Wait, is this what he wants?", she thought to herself. Maybe. He was almost waiting for her to react like that. He was testing her in front of the whole school. Maybe he learned of her past and he wanted to expose her like he did with Jeongmin. Yes, possibly that's what he was intending to do. He was a jerk. 

With this in mind, she started to eat in silence and ignored everything he said afterward. He left after he finished eating and she let out a sigh of relieve. She was not going to let him get to her. 

After class ended, Yeeun and Eunwoo headed to the gym to continue their duties. Once again Chaeyeon was already there and the three of them finished quickly. When they were done, the three walked to the patio and saw Jungkook with Hyunggu painting the wall. When the pictures were taken down part of the painting came off so restoring it to its original state was part of the punishment the three boys had to face. But there were only two of them. 

- Where is Jaehyun? - Eunwoo asked. 

- They had an emergency meeting with the coach. The game for tomorrow was rescheduled for next week. - Chaeyeon explained. 

- Really? - Eunwoo sounded excited. - Then it means I have more time to prepare the treats. Or better yet I can make cupcakes. No. I will make a cake. I have to go. - 

Eunwoo ran fast to the locker room and Yeeun watched her with a smile on her face. There was no way to stop Eunwoo. She turned to Chaeyeon who was just looking up to the two boys working. 

Yeeun looked at Hyunggu still surprised he was Kino, although nobody else other than those involved in the fight knew. The rumor didn't spread. Looking at him, Yeeun noticed he seemed to be scared of being so high in the air which was weird if you take into consideration he supposedly had been there to put the pictures just days earlier. And thinking about it, it was also weird Jungkook, Hyunggu, and Jaehyun met up to plan this together. 

Yeeun walked away with this thought in her head but it soon vanished after spotting Younghoon walking to the exit. She cautiously caught up to him and walk beside him. He smiled when he saw her. 

- Is Eunwoo making a cake now? She just asked me what kind of cake I like. - He said and Yeeun just nodded with a smile. 

She kept walking next to him and bit her lips as she tried to come up with the perfect words to tell him the truth about her and Jungkook. 

- In which neighborhood do you live in? - Younghoon asked and she hurried to answer. He responded he lived in the opposite side. - But we can walk together to the bus stop if you like. - he finished saying.

What a perfect timing Yeeun had that morning when she decided not to take her bike. Now she was going to make reality one of the fantasies she had about him and she was ready to reply when she felt an arm around her shoulder and a deep voice spoke loud. 

- I'm finally here to give you a ride. I'm sorry you had to wait this long, babe. - 

In slow motion, Yeeun turned to Jungkook having difficulties in understanding what he had just said. With what just happened. When she finally could react and take his arm off of her she saw Younghoon was quickly getting away from them. 

"It's gone. Another opportunity is gone". 

She let out a yell in frustration and walked to Jungkook to point her little finger at him.  

- This is it, I've had enough. I tried to be the bigger person here but it's impossible because you're just the biggest jerk! - 

Her voice was firm and so was her posture but sill Jungkook couldn't help but to laugh at her.

- Is that so? -

- Yes. And people must be stupid to believe we're dating because I could never ever like you. - 

His smile faded a little with her words but Yeeun continued. 

- And you better get ready cause I will make you pay for this. - 

- I will be looking forward to it. - he replied quietly.  

- YOU BETTER WILL. - 

She walked away with that last warning and ran fast to catch up to Younghoon. She got to the bus stop hoping to find him but it was too late. He wasn't there. "Damn you, Jungkook", were the words she kept repeating all the way home. She was really going to make him pay. 

But it was easier said than done. She spent the following days trying to come up with a plan to humiliate him. She thought of a prank she could pull on him. She thought of inventing a new embarrassing rumor involving him. She had nothing. 

- Why don't you just do what he did to you? - Yewon told her as she kept her head focused on her phone. Yeeun had been so worked up about the whole thing she didn't realize she was so loud when ranting about him that her little sister overheard. 

- It's not a bad idea. - Yeeun answered. - But, is Jungkook dating? Is he interested in someone? - 

Yeeun didn't know any of that and Sunday morning she called Eunwoo to ask her about it. 

- There aren't any other rumors of Jungkook's love interests other than Chaeyeon last year. - Eunwoo said in a low tone. 

Yeeun noticed something off from her but before she could ask Eunwoo invited her to go shopping with her and her mom. Yeeun accepted the invitation. Since spring was starting she wanted to get new clothes but the concern she had for her friend earlier that day only increased when she saw Eunwoo's face. Her eyes were swollen and puffy. She had been crying. 

Please log in to read the full chapter