Stranger.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon was unhappy. She spent the rest of the day ranting in her bedroom about this turn of events. She just couldn't believe it. So she just grabbed her phone and texted Jungkook. 

    "Jungkook, is your sister dating Rowoon?"

She was thinking that maybe she saw wrong. Maybe it wasn't true. She waited for an answer as she watched TV. Her favorite show was on but she didn't even pay attention to it. She couldn't concentrate on anything that was not the screen of her phone. Finally, the name of her best friend appeared. 

    "Yeah. Didn't you know?"

- What? How is that possible? I mean, Minji is the nicest girl I've met. Like literally. She's a good girl. Good girls don't date boys like Rowoon. That only happens on TV. - 

Chaeyeon ranted aloud without caring if Jaehyun could hear her. She never cared if people heard her thoughts. 

- The opposites attract thing is only for fiction. - she continued. 

I disagree with her on this matter, but, whatever. Also, I'll add that Chaeyeon didn't have anything against Minji. I've asked her about it and she said exactly what I said before. She just couldn't believe it. 

She went to bed still feeling unhappy and when she woke up next morning shaking, she thought it was because of what had happened the day before until she realized it was raining. 

She got ready to go to school. Her parents had already gone to work so she just ate something quick and went to Jaehyun's bedroom. He was dressed in his uniform but sitting on the bed with clenched fists. 

- Are you okay? - she asked him and he shook his head. - Why don't you skip school today? - 

- I can't. We have a game on Saturday. I have to go to school. - he said. 

- Oh, so that's why you were shaking before? - 

- Were you also shaking? I'm sorry about that. - Jaehyunt apologized to her and then turned to her. - Just go ahead. I'll wait a bit more. - 

Chaeyeon nodded. It was the same thing every time it rained. She knew it was no point in staying longer. 

So she grabbed an umbrella and headed to school. She passed by Eunwoo, who was at the entrance of the building waiting for Jaehyun and waved at her. 

All the time she couldn't stop thinking about Rowoon and Minji. Not even after Jaehyun finally got to school or when the classes started. 

At lunchtime, she left Jiyeon to study with Jaehyun and wandered around the school. As she walked by among the students, she barely noticed when they made way to let her pass. This was something that happened all the time. She was used to receiving attention or people doing things for her. Because she was pretty. 

Yet this wasn't something that she particularly liked. We'll get to that. 

- This is stupid. I don't have to get sulky about this. I just have to forget him. - Chaeyeon said to herself. 

But she couldn't forget him in just a few hours, so when she and Jaehyun were walking home that was the only thing she could talk about. 

- Did you know that Minji is dating Rowoon? - she asked Jaehyun. 

Her brother took his time to respond. They were walking slowly as it was still raining and Jaehyun was a bit scared still. 

- I did know. Rowoon told me this Saturday. - he said. 

- Don't you think is unbelievable? I mean, when you look at Rowoon, you wouldn't think Minji is the type of girls he likes. And looking at Minji, you wouldn't think she would like someone like Rowoon. Right? - 

- Well, opposites... - 

- No, don't say that. It's not true. Have you liked girls who are the opposite of you? - she asked and Jaehyun remained silence. He didn't answer back. 

- And, how did they even know each other? Minji doesn't go clubbing. She's never gone to Underworld. -

- Aren't they tutors in the same private academy? And, I think they attend the same university. - Jaehyun replied.

- In different buildings. Their majors are not the same. - 

- Well, maybe they met on a blind date. Maybe they have friends in common. I don't know... Where did Eunwoo go? - 

- Yeah, where did Eunwoo... wait, what? - 

- Eunwoo was walking with Yeeun in front of us but I don't see her anymore. - Jaehyun explained. 

Chaeyeon looked around and saw how Eunwoo was following a guy who was dragging a girl to an alley. She made Jaehyun turned in that direction. 

- Jeongmin, that son of a... Call Jungkook. And Mr. Jeong. - Jaehyun said as he walked the same path Eunwoo walked. 

Chaeyeon took her phone and dialed Jungkook's number. 

- Jungkook, we have problems. Come quickly to the alley that's one block away from our building. - She said and hung up to call Mr. Jeong, to whom she repeated the same phrase. 

J

Please log in to read the full chapter