Wish.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

So that's what was happening with the two boys in Eunwoo's life but now let's turn the focus on her again and go back to that Friday morning, the day of Jiyeon's party.

Eunwoo was walking to the teachers' office holding the pictures with care. She didn't want to give them up but for the sake of her album, she had to. She was hoping Mr. Jeong would accept them because otherwise, she was going to leave them in a bag and forget about them. But, how could she? 

She found Mr. Jeong drinking coffee with Mrs. Song, the art teacher. Eunwoo approached them biting her lips and greeted them when they spotted her. 

- What brings you here, Eunwoo? - Mr. Jeong asked and she put the pictures on the table. 

- I was wondering... I'm making an album and I put some of these in it but I don't have space for all. So, would you like to keep them? - she said with a sheepish smile.  

- Oh, yes, sure. I can make an album for myself. - Mr. Jeong replied and Eunwoo sighed with relief as she turned to go but Mrs. Song stopped her. 

- Wait a minute, student. Your name is Eunwoo, right? Did you take these? - she asked to which Eunwoo answered yes. 

- These are really good. Hyunmin, you look great in these pictures. - Mrs. Song told Mr. Jeong and he rejoiced. 

- Of course. I always look good. - 

- No. I mean, look at them. You have such a mean expression on your face that people who don't know you are scared of you but in these pictures you look like the sweet person you really are. - she said. 

- What are you talking about? I don't have a mean expression on my face. - He objected but Eunwoo couldn't help but smile remembering how scared she was when she first met him. She believed he'd be a scary teacher but he wasn't like that at all. 

- Alright, it's true. In all of my pictures, I look like I'm angry. - He admitted. 

- Exactly. But not in these pictures. I'm amazed at how you managed to capture his real self. You have a talent for this. Do you want to be a photographer? - Mrs. Song asked Eunwoo. 

- Huh? - she was for surprised by the question. 

- Yes, Eunwoo. Have you thought about what university would you like to attend? What do you want to major in? - Mr. Jeong asked. 

- Well, not really. My grades aren't good. - 

- They're not that bad either. - 

- And you still have your senior year left. There's a great university in Tokyo for art and design with a major in photography. I have the program right here, let me give it to you. - Mrs. Song said as she searched in her bag. 

- Oh, but this is just a hobby. - Eunwoo claimed. 

- Are you sure? - The teacher asked her as she handed her a folder. 

- Take it. It won't hurt to have options. - Mr. Jeong encouraged her. 

She grabbed it carefully and after excusing herself, Eunwoo walked out of the office and into the hallway. She looked down and opened the folder. Inside there was the program of the university along with pictures showing the school. It included the list of requirements to attend.  

The truth was that Eunwoo had never really thought about what she wanted to do. She always assumed she'd work in an office like her parents or that she'd follow Jaehyun and study something related to sports but now... Now she wasn't sure. 

She was so immersed in the reading that she didn't see she was about to hit herself on the wall but a hand came in between her head and the concrete just in time. She looked up to see Jaehyun smiling at her. 

- What are you reading so intensely that you're not seeing where you're going? - he as he took a look at what she was holding in her hand. 

Eunwoo put it away and smiled.

- It's nothing. The party is tonight, are you excited? - she asked in an attempt to change the subject. 

Jaehyun stared at her for a few seconds and Eunwoo couldn't read his expression. 

- I am. There's something I want to tell you at the party. - Jaehyun said with confidence. 

- At the party? Why can't you tell me now? - 

- Because that way it won't be special. - he said as he pinched Eunwoo's cheek before he turned to go. 

The girl watched him walked a few steps and then called out to him. 

- Can you just give me a clue? - Eunwoo said with curiosity. Jaehyun turned around.

- Do you remember your 12th birthday? - he asked and Eunwoo nodded without understanding. - It's something similar to that. To your wish. - 

Eunwoo's blushed face was the last thing Jaehyun saw when he walked away with a smirk on his face. Meanwhile, the girl stayed behind with millions of questions in her head. 

"My wish? Does he mean my wish of getting kissed by him? Is he implying he wants to kiss me?"

Eunwoo went all the way back to her classroom as she was fanning herself trying to calm down. When she reached her desk she realized she was still holding the folder in her hands. She turned to Yeeun to talk to her about what the art teacher had told her but then decided against it so she just put it in her backpack. 

After class and after finishing the cleaning duties, Eunwoo was walking near the patio when she encountered Seokmin. The boy gave her his biggest smile and asked her at what time she'd go to the party. 

- I just thought we could go there together. - he said. 

- Well, I'm not so sure. I have to wait for my parents to get home before I go. - she explained to him. 

- Then I'll see you there. - he said again without losing his smile. There was something about it that grabbed Eunwoo's attention. 

- What's going on? Why are you smiling like that? - she asked him. 

- It's just that I have something to tell you. - Seokmin replied. 

- What is it? - 

- I can't tell you now. I'll tell you at the party. - 

Eunwoo found it strange and couldn't help to remember that Jaehyun had said something similar. "What's happening with them?", she thought to herself.

Seokmin saw her curious expression and proceeded to smile even wider. He couldn't wait to tell her. Even though he still didn't know what would be her response, he was excited. 

- For now, I'll just tell you that I hope tomorrow you can put my picture in your album. - 

- Your picture? I already did. - she answered. 

- I mean my wish picture. - he added. 

Eunwoo stopped after hearing him and she was about to say something when she noticed Yeeun. Her friend was standing still like lost in deep thought. 

- Are you ready for tonight? - she asked and Yeeun turned around showing the dried tears in her eyes. 

That's when Yeeun told them the misunderstanding she had with Jungkook. It was time for Yeeun to be honest with him and so Eunwoo told her. They couldn't be hiding their feelings for each other anymore. 

The three separated there. Yeeun assuring Eunwoo she'd go to the party and Seokmin promising to her that Jungkook will be there no matter what. The secret meaning behind the promise to meet Eunwoo at the party couldn't get to her. 

Please log in to read the full chapter