What You Can't Say.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

- I have something to tell you, Yeeun. So the thing is my Dad is being promoted to manage a branch of the company settled in Tokyo. He will have to move in just a few weeks. - 

Eunwoo cleared and clenched her fists as she closed her eyes. She continued. 

- It was decided at first that Mom and I would stay behind so I could finish school. However, there's this University in Tokyo that I really want to attend and one of the requirements is to speak the language fluently. I could learn it better living there, therefore... - 

She took a deep breath and proceeded.

- Therefore we will all be moving away very soon. I know I said we would graduate together and that we will always be friends. We will be. This doesn't change anything. We'll stay friends forever. - 

Finishing her speech, Eunwoo opened her eyes to look at her reflection in the mirror. That day marked the seventh day since Eunwoo had been practicing how to tell her friends about her moving away. She had an excuse during the exams to not say anything but a week later after the exams were over, she still couldn't tell them. 

- No. Today is the day. I'll do it. - Eunwoo said to herself and took another deep breath. - Jaehyun, I have something to tell you... - 

The girl repeated the same speech, though this time it was more difficult for her. Then she reached the last part. 

- I know I said I'll be there at your graduation and that I'll follow you but I... I will always love you. I'll love you the same. And we'll stay... - Eunwoo stopped at that thought. 

- We'll stay what? We're not friends. We'll stay forever what? - she asked at her reflection and then yelled in frustration. This was the exact reason why she couldn't tell them. 

She didn't know how to say goodbye to Jaehyun. Say goodbye to the boy she had always liked. The boy she had always been crazy for. That she had always followed so much that people confused her as his fan. The boy that was everything for her. How could she tell him that she was now going far away? And that over time, they would be more likely to fall out of touch. 

Eunwoo stood in her room in front of the mirror for a long time until she saw the clock then realized she was going to be late for school and rushed to the elevator. When she was about to step out of the building, she saw how cloudy the day looked.

- Oh? Is it going to rain? - she asked aloud.

- Apparently, it will rain for the next few days. - Mr. Shin, the doorman responded behind her.

- Should I get an umbrella then? - she asked again but Mr. Shin denied with his head. 

- I don't think it will rain today. - 

Eunwoo smiled. Mr. Shin was always right about the weather. He knew what days it'd rain or what days it'd snow. He knew what days would be very cold or very hot. It was like he was a psychic. She about it. 

- Yeah, that's why Jaehyun always asks me when it's going to rain. Speaking of whom, I see the tables have turned. - Mr. Shin said and Eunwoo looked at him confused. The man just smiled at her and told her to go to school as she was late. 

And so Eunwoo walked the two blocks to school while practicing the speech in her head. 

- What was after that? Why can't I even memorize this? - she said as she tried to repeat the whole thing again. - Jaehyun, I have something to tell you... - she continued. 

Reaching the gates of her school she noticed the same girls that were always there to see Jaehyun. They rolled their eyes upon seeing her and one of them looked particularly more annoyed than the rest. 

- Why is she always one step behind him? She's more like a stalker than a fan at this point. - the girl said. 

- Huh? What did you say? - Eunwoo asked. She really had no idea what she was talking about. Yet, she didn't have to ask further because Jaehyun appeared in front of her. 

- Quite a fan she is. She didn't even know I was walking in front of her. - he said and then took her by the hand. - Let's go, Eunwoo. We're late. - 

Any other days, Eunwoo would have walked away from those girls with a proud smile. Or she would have been freaking out because Jaehyun was holding her hand. Not like it was the first time but still... Yet, she was freaking out because if he had been walking in front of her, then it meant he heard the parts she said aloud. 

- Were you really walking in front of me? Did you hear what I was mumbling? Because I was- I was just singing. - Eunwoo quickly said. 

- Oh, really? What song? - he asked teasingly. 

- This song I heard on the radio. - 

- And you couldn't memorize it? - 

- Yep. The lyrics of the song. I can't memorize it. - 

- Right, okay. - Jaehyun said as he smiled. - The results of the exams will be out today. How do you think you did? - 

"He changed the subject. I'm safe." Eunwoo congratulated herself. 

- Well, the same as always. I probably won't make into the one hundred so I won't even bother logging in online later. - She replied. She omitted that she couldn't even properly study because of the stress of having to tell him she was moving to another country and asked him how he did instead.

- I studied harder this time so I think I finally managed to beat Younghoon. I know I can't beat Hyunggu so...  12th place. I'll be at number 12. - He replied and Eunwoo was surprised. 

- What do you mean 12th place? You're always number 6.  - she told him.

- Yeah, well, not being in the top ten for these exams was part of the punishment from putting up the banner. - 

- What? That's so unfair. You just exposed a cheater. - Eunwoo exclaimed a bit angry.

- It could've been worse. So like I said, Hyunggu will be number 11 and I will be the 12th. And it's funny Chaeyeon says she'll be first because she studied with Hyunggu. -  

Eunwoo calmed herself down after seeing Jaehyun was not precisely bothered by it, or at least not anymore. She also remembered she used to think he and Jungkook covered Seokmin's involvement in that act and understood why they did it. Seokmin needed to be in the top ten to maintain his full scholarship. For a moment she thought about asking Jaehyun about it but they still hadn't talked about Seokmin or his confession and she didn't want to bring it up yet. Though she knew Jaehyun would eventually talk to Seokmin again. 

She decided to let it pass that day and just say something else.

- I still think it's unfair but I'm happy for Chaeyeon if that's the case. She needs good grades since she wants to go to law school. But you also need good grades even though you want to be a professional basketball player, right? -  
Jaehyun turned to Eunwoo and looked at her with tender eyes as he slightly smirked. The girl didn't notice his gaze and kept on walking finally turning around to him when the bell rang. 

- I have to go. I'll see you later. - she said. 

- Eunwoo, what do you have to tell me? - he asked suddenly. 

"Oh, he did hear that part." 

Eunwoo looked down nervously and hid her hands behind her skirt as she thought about something to say to him. She got an idea and looked up with a smile. 

- The practices started again, right? I wanted to tell you that I'll go to see you today at the gym. - she smiled cutely at him that he almost forgot what he was about to say then. 

Jaehyun gathered up his thoughts and hesitated to choose his answer. He knew she was lying but at the same time, he did want to see her at the practice again. He smiled at her, that smile showing his dimples that Eunwoo loved so much. 

- I'll be waiting. - he lastly said. 

At that moment the sky turned darker and Eunwoo said aloud that it will probably rain that day. She glanced at Jaehyun and saw him swallowing as he hid his eyes

Please log in to read the full chapter