Into Him.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

- I said we came too early. - Yeeun repeated her words with a shy smile. The music was too loud and she wasn't used to it so she ended up talking low. It was noticeable this was her first time in a club that even Jungkook laughed at her when she entered. She saw his smile. 

- No, you got here just in time. - Jungkook replied and Seokmin agreed. 

- Are you ready to help me, Eunwoo? - Seokmin asked her friend and the both of them left Yeeun alone with Jungkook. 

- Come, let's find a place to sit. - Jungkook later said and Yeeun walked beside him. They found a table close to the booth and sat down. Yeeun saw Eunwoo helping Seokmin getting ready. 

- Are you sure we're not early? - Yeeun asked Jungkook again upon seeing how empty the club was. Counting the two of them, there were only ten people there. 

- Yes, I'm sure. It's just that people know Seokmin is performing today and I told you he tends to make mistakes because he gets nervous so... yeah, there won't be much audience. - Jungkook explained and Yeeun turned to Seokmin. He didn't look that nervous to her. 

At that moment, a guy approached them with a serious face. He introduced himself as Dongyoon, one of the owners of the club. He was young, probably around his early 20's. 

- So, how do you think Seokmin will do today? I told him I need at least twenty people here tonight. It is a business, after all. - the guy said but Jungkook just responded nonchalantly as he looked at his watch.

- There will be. -    

Another guy came to them with two sodas to serve them. He looked just as young as the other and he smiled at Jungkook before he greeted them. 

- How are you, brother-in-law? And you must be Yeeun, right? - he said. 

Yeeun was surprised the stranger knew her name but Jungkook explained to her why.  

- This is Rowoon, the other owner of the club. He's Minji's boyfriend. - 

- Oh, is she coming today? - Yeeun asked as she remembered how nice Minji had been to her. 

- Not today. She's studying. - Rowoon replied. 

"Too bad", Yeeun said to herself. Then she thought that if Minji's boyfriend was the owner then Younghoon will be there as well. She asked Rowoon without even realizing how excited she was.

- Probably. - he said and then walked away with a smile. 

Yeeun was also smiling when she turned to Jungkook again. He, on the other hand, was far from smiling. He was staring at her with a dark expression. 

- You must really like Younghoon. - Jungkook said and Yeeun tried to smile but felt intimidated by Jungkook's stare. She realized she screwed it up again. She couldn't forget Jungkook was not on friendly terms with her crush. Still, Jungkook took a sip of his soda in. - He'll be here after the game. - he added. 

The time came for Seokmin to begin, he was behind the turntable with his records ready. Yeeun saw Jungkook looking at the door with a worried expression as he looked at his watch for the umpteen time. Finally, people started to come in. Exactly twenty people. Some of them came to greet Jungkook and others bowed to him.    
Yeeun understood everything. 

- Did you bring these people? - she asked Jungkook as she had heard what Dongyoon said. Jungkook just nodded silently. - What did you do to make them come? Did you threaten them? - 

- Close. I paid them to come. - Jungkook answered as he stood up inviting Yeeun to do the same. 

Yeeun and Jungkook approached the stage and when the music started playing, Jungkoon began to dance. At first, Yeeun didn't know what to do. Nobody else was dancing but it looked Jungkook didn't care. It took one look from him to the people around them to make them dance as well. 

Yeeun saw Eunwoo dancing in the booth next to Seokmin and her friend signaled to her telling her to dance. Still, Yeeun was wary of the looks around her. She didn't like to be the center of attention, not after what happened in the past. 

- Don't you want to dance? - Jungkook asked her and she felt bad for declining. Weren't they supposed to support Seokmin? 

- Is it because you don't know how to dance? - Jungkook asked again and Yeeun said no. She could dance, she just felt too self-conscious of her surroundings. She tried to go but Jungkook stopped her. 

- How about we just jump? - He suggested as he held her hand and started to jump. He was jumping up and down with a big smile on his face. To Yeeun his smile was so contagious she ended up smiling at him and soon felt the music in her body as she jumped with him. 

Yeeun stared at Jungkook for several minutes. The boy was still laughing and so was she.  After a while, she finally understood why that smile felt different. She knew his teasing smile, she knew his bitter smile. This one was special. She had never seen it before. It was a carefree smile, the type of genuine happiness feeling. He was just having fun but that smile took her off guard. It made her feel... something. 

At that moment, Yeeun didn't have a word to describe what it was but she couldn't deny he kept surprising her. The first impression she had of him was steadily disappearing. There was a new impression of him she was discovering and she wanted to learn more. 

Jungkook and Yeeun were so immersed in jum

Please log in to read the full chapter