Complicated.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

"What's going on?"

Hyunggu thought to himself when Jiyeon's father kept offering all kinds of food and treats. He wasn't the only person Jiyeon was introducing to her parents but there was something different in the way they were treating him. 

- So my daughter tells me you're in first place in the whole school. That's very impressive. May I ask what are your plans for the future? - the man asked Hyunggu. 

- Why, thank you, sir. - he replied still feeling confused. - I'm interested in communications. - 

- I see. My company invests in a variety of fields and I may be able to help you along the way. And I'll be glad to do it if you need it. - 

Hyunggu was stunned to hear his offer. He didn't know exactly how to react or how to respond and ended up just agreeing with him. Luckily not too long later, he was finally free of their attention and could go someplace else. 

The first person he searched for was Chaeyeon. He had seen her dancing a while ago so he scanned the dance floor trying to find her. He smiled when he remembered seeing her that night for the first time. 

He was outside waiting for her and saw a flash of red that immediately drew his attention. He imagined Chaeyeon would look stunning in that red dress but his imagination was nothing compared to reality. There was a reason why she had so many people hopelessly crushing on her. She was truly breathtaking.

He then smiled wider remembering how she denied liking the dress only for her to wear it at the end. She played him well. 

Hyunggu found Chaeyeon at one of the tables drinking soda and eating a piece of cake. She was alone despite all the other people that walked by the table and turned to see her. He understood then why she had said she was a loner. 

What she said of people creating their image of her also meant that they believed her to be so untouchable and perfect that they were intimidated by her so they never approached her. 

Hyunggu didn't hesitate in being the first to sit with her and grabbing another spoon he took a bite of the cake she was eating. 

- This is a party, why are you so focused on your phone? Are you bored? - he asked. He saw her dialing on her phone countless times in the short while she had been there. 

- If I indeed were bored, you would notice it right away, Kino. - she said teasingly but she sighed frustrated. - I'm calling Jungkook but he's not picking up. - 

- Oh, right. I haven't seen him at all and Yeeun is over there... looking a bit sad. - Hyunggu said as he glanced at the part Yeeun was with Eunwoo. The girl did look sad and she was waiting for someone.

- Yeah, I know. - Chaeyeon added as she quickly diverted her gaze. Hyunggu could tell something was wrong and he asked if something had happened. 

Chaeyeon didn't answer for a few seconds but she felt so bad that she thought maybe talking to Hyunggu would lift her mood a little bit. She told him the incident of earlier that day, what she saw and what she said and that she practically made Jungkook angry at Yeeun. 

Hyunggu listened closely and then gave his opinion. 

- It seems to me that you owe Yeeun an apology. - 

- No, what I need is for Jungkook to come and get back together with Yeeun. That way it will all be forgiven and forgotten. - 

- Don't you think you did Yeeun wrong? I mean, the misunderstanding between them happened because of what you implied Yeeun was doing. You should apologize. - Hyunggu stated. 

- No, I'm telling you it's fine. Jungkook knows it wasn't my intention for them to fight. - Chaeyeon said again. 

- Yes, Jungkook knows because he's your best friend. Yeeun isn't. She might think you did it on purpose. And if Jungkook and Yeeun do get back together, this could ruin your friendship. -    

- Don't be so dramatic, Angel. I'm telling you it will all be alright. I don't need to apologize to anyone. - Chaeyeon insisted as she continued to call Jungkook. 

Hyunggu stared at her in silence as a question appeared in his head that he let out. 

- Have you ever apologized to someone? - 

- Yes, I have. - 

- No, I mean truly apologizing to someone. I'm sorry for doing this to you, have you said that? - 

- Yes, curious boy, I have. - 

- When? - 

- I don't know. I don't remember. - Chaeyeon replied annoyed. Yet the answer only made Hyunggu laughed. 

- Wow. - he only said. 

- Why are you laughing? - the girl asked. 

- You've been saying to me that I should do more for myself, that I should be confident and fight for what I want. So I thought you were brave and fearless but turns out you're just a coward. - 

- What? No, I'm not. I don't fear anything. - Chaeyeon claimed with pride. 

- Yeah, that's what I thought. You even said you'd take bullets for your boys. -

- I would. - 

- Great. Because guess what? This is a bullet. So, what are you waiting for? - 

Chaeyeon stayed quiet and a bit flustered. She lied to Hyunggu. She had never truly apologized to anyone. She never needed to. She only had her boys and she had never hurt them to the point of apologizing. Even when they got involved with the trouble she had gotten herself into. And she was never closed to other people for her to apologize. 

But now Hyunggu was saying she was a coward for not wanting to do it. Was it true? She was not going to find out. So Chaeyeon stood up with confidence. 

- Fine. I'll go and apologize to Yeeun. - 

- Okay. Go. - Hyunggu said as she stood up as well. 

But Chaeyeon didn't move an inch and just stared at Hyunggu until he smiled again and grabbed her hand. 

- Come on, I'll go with you. - he said and led her to Yeeun. 

Chaeyeon walked slowly as she was nervous but that last phone call she made to Jungkook that went unanswered for the umpteen time, made her realize she did help in hurting him. 

- Wait for a second, Yeeun. Chaeyeon has something to say to you. - Hyunggu said and put his hands on Chaeyeon's shoulders as he made her step forward.

Chaeyeon couldn't talk for a few seconds so she had to look away to find her voice. 

- I... I... I just wanted to say that I'm... I am sorry for what I said to you earlier. And I'm sorry Jungkook got mad at you because of me. - she said.

Yeeun looked at Chaeyeon and noticed her clenched fists. She was a bit confused that Hyunggu had to ask her to answer. 

- It's okay. Don't worry about it. But thank you for apologizing. - 

Chaeyeon flashed a smile at Yeeun and quickly turned away before Eunwoo and Yeeun could see how embarrassed she felt. 

- See? That wasn't so hard. - Hyunggu told her, encouraging her and she could finally breathe. 

She had to admit he was right. She needed to apologize to Yeeun so it could be put behind them and for her to feel relieved. So after that, she enjoyed the party freely, still trying to make contact with Jungkook. 

Hours passed by and Chaeyeon saw the dark clouds closing in. She needed to find Jaehyun so they could go home. But some time in the night, he disappeared. Just like Eunwoo and Seokmin. 

- Damn it, Jaehyun. Where are you? - Chaeyeon said after it had started raining and the remaining people at the party took shelter inside the house in a salon that was ready to be used if needed. 

She was desperate at that point becaus

Please log in to read the full chapter