The End.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

- And now I'm done. The three stories are over. Can you guess who my parents are now? - I say as I stand straight in front of the class.

It's all silence between my classmates but then I hear them talking and being confused.

- Wait... I still don't get it. Who are your parents? - says Jinah.

- Me too. I didn't guess it. - Another one adds.

But now it's me who is more confused.

- What do you mean? There was only one couple who got together at the end. I told you I'll make it obvious. -

- What? You should've just told us the last story. What was the need for the other two? - Minhyuk complains and I stick my tongue at him.

- That's why I said you should wait for the last story to know. It was all very clear. - I repeat while I laugh.

Mrs. Yoon smiles at me when I look at her and nods her head.

- Well done, Sowon. See? It wasn't that hard. Take your seat now. But I'm afraid that Seojoon doesn't have time to tell his story now. We'll leave it for another day. -
Seojoon mouths a thank you at me when I walk back at my seat and I wink in return. He's not interested in love just like me.

The class returns to normal and when Mrs. Yoon doesn't see me, I return to my horror novel once again. I get so focused on it that I don't notice it has begun to rain until Mrs. Yoon dismisses us.

- I'll see you all tomorrow. We're close to the midterms so, study hard. But remember to have your bodies and minds well-rested. Okay? -

- Yes. - it's the collective reply.

I shiver outside because of the cold and I feel dumb for not bringing an umbrella with me. Luckily my best friend, Miyeon, has brought one and it's even luckier that Seojoon is so tall he can cover us all with it.

- We're three weeks away from the exams. I haven't started studying at all. What am I going to do? - Miyeon nervously says.

- Relax. It's not a big deal. - Seojoon adds.

- It's easy for you to say. You always get the first place even though you sleep in class. - Miyeon says back. - Right, Sowon? -

- HEY! - I yelled out instead, making Seojoon to almost drop the umbrella.

- What are you doing, Minhyuk? - I ask when I see him an umbrella that isn't his.

- I'm borrowing an umbrella. Can't you see? - he tells me.

- How can you borrow it when the owner is not even here? -

- Because I'm cold. And the umbrella was forgotten. -

- It wasn't forgotten. You took it from somebody else's bike. They have not even come here. - I say back.

- Whatever. I got here first so I'm taking it. -

- Put it back, Minhyuk. - I step forward to him and he lets out a sigh before he looks at me.

- You should mind your business, Sowon. -

- Or what? -

I stand tall with my arms on my hips and I defiantly stare at him. He's not going anywhere with the umbrella and he knows it. So he just smirks at me and puts the umbrella back to its place.

- Can you believe that thief? - I ask my friends after Minhyuk left but Miyeon just shrinks her shoulders.

- He said he was borrowing it. I'm sure Minhyuk would bring it back tomorrow. -

- It's still wrong. -

- Alright, alright. You starting to sound like my Dad. - Miyeon smiles. - Well, my bus is here. I'll let you borrow my umbrella. - she says again and leaves. I turn to Seojoon.

- He was wrong for doing that. - I repeat it.

- You can be quite oblivious sometimes, you know. - Seojoon responds.

- What do you mean? -

- Nevermind. You said you're not interested in love yet so you won't understand. Anyway, the driver is here. Do you want a ride? -

I look at the fancy car parked in front of the gate of the school and I shake my head.

- You're going to your piano lessons and I just want to go home. -

- Okay. I'll see you tomorrow. Oh, and I liked your stories. - he says.

- You slept for the first two. - I smile.

- I didn't. I listened to them. And I truly liked your first story. I liked the way you told it. Bye. -

I see the car drive off and I hold the umbrella tight. It's very cold but I still have to walk to the bus stop. I don't have the same luck as Miyeon, who takes it right outside of school.

As I'm walking covering myself with my hoodie, I see someone driving slow by my side and then someone calling my name.

- Hey, Sowon. Do you need a ride? - It's Mrs. Yoon.

I want to say no but I'm so cold that all I can think about is getting home quickly so I get on the car where is warmth.

- Thank you. - I

Please log in to read the full chapter