You Haven't Said Anything.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

- How about architecture? - Jaehyun suggested to Chaeyeon casually.

- Maybe. I don't know, I'm not a good drawer. - Chaeyeon replied eating a piece of her sandwich. Blue Moon Café had been full of students that were coming and going because of their finals that she had barely any time to sit and eat.

She was now in her break eating with her four boys. Jaehyun, Seokmin, Jungkook, and of course, with Hyunggu. Some people from her group of friends were missing. Both Younghoon and Minho were on different trips overseas. Jiyeon was in a romantic escapade with her new boyfriend. Eunwoo was still far away.

And Yeeun... well, we have reached the part of this story in which Jungkook and Yeeun had broken up and it had been weeks since they had last seen or spoken to each other. Yeeun hadn't seen or spoken with anyone other than Eunwoo, Chaeyeon, and Hyunggu.

- What if you become a publicist? - Jungkook then added as he took a sip of his coffee. He was on his fourth cup of coffee for that day. He was never a big fan of coffee. But it was better than being drunk.

- Oh, that doesn't sound bad. - Chaeyeon said and smiled. She was happy that even after all the time since she dropped out of school and started working at the coffee shop, she had help from them trying to see what could she study next because she still had no clue.

- Or you could go to the police academy. We can always use someone as tough as you. - Seokmin told her but she shook her head.

- Thank you. But I'll leave catching the bad guys to you. -

- You could be a chef. You have the skills for it. - Hyunggu said and the other three boys look at each other with a frown because that was not true at all. It seemed that Hyunggu was the only one who liked what Chaeyeon cooked. And if Hyunggu liked it, nothing else mattered.

- I could do it. - she said.

- No, please don't. - the other boys replied in unison and Chaeyeon pouted.

- I guess that means it is another day I don't know what I want to do with my life. -

- Don't worry, Chaeyeon. You'll get there someday. - Hyunggu said.

- Yeah. Don't rush it. You still have time. - the other three added.

Chaeyeon then got up and left them at the table to continue with her job. She heard them discussing a trip they'd soon do for a bachelor party for Rowoon, Chaeyeon's old crush. Rowoon was now the owner of several famous restaurants and he was marrying a woman he met a couple of years before. Yes, Rowoon and Minji didn't end up together.

Minji, on the other hand, was living in Italy but her romantic life was a private matter, according to Jungkook and Younghoon, who claimed they didn't know if she was seeing anyone because she never told them anything.

- Is your break over already? Wow, time sure flies. - Clara, Chaeyeon's manager said to her when she stood behind the counter.

- Yes. And thank you for the extra ten minutes you gave me. - Chaeyeon replied.

- You deserve it. You've been on your feet since 6:30 AM and I'm sure later today you still have to do tutoring classes.- Clara answered.

Working in Blue Moon Café was not the only job Chaeyeon had. She was a tutor for a few students. It was extra money she earned since now she lived alone. Though she had to move to a smaller apartment because she couldn't afford the one she had before on her own. Her parents offered help but she declined. She wanted to fend for herself.

Chaeyeon just nodded at Clara's question and then looked carefully at Mirae, the newest employee.

- If you tilt the cup a bit it's easier. - Chaeyeon told her and Mirae smiled gratefully but that's when Chaeyeon saw why Mirae seemed more nervous that day. Mirae couldn't stop eyeing at the table where she had been seating.

- Well, well. I see my boys have caught your attention. But let me tell you that you won't have it easy. The one on the right is Jungkook. He's a total catch but he had a bad break-up weeks ago and he's not interested in anyone. Next to him is Seokmin, a sweetheart, but he's busy learning and preparing to become the best detective ever. He doesn't have much experience in dating. Then you have Jaehyun, my handsome -but not better looking than me- brother. He has his hands full with med school and doesn't have the time to date. -

Then Chaeyeon stood in silence with her hand on her chin as she thought of something. Since neither Jaehyun or Seokmin had shown interest in dating anyone seriously, she wondered if they were still waiting for Eunwoo.

She later turned to Mirae once more but her expression changed to her angelic-evil side.

- Your last obstacle is me. Because I'm very protective of my boys. - she claimed.

- What about the other guy? The one that was sitting to your left. - Mirae asked and Chaeyeon realized she was referring to Hyunggu. But she couldn't reply because Clara laughed.

- Mirae, that's even more impossible. That guy is Chaeyeon's "best friend". You'll see him a lot when he waits for her to walk her home or when he comes to just see her. - Clara explained.

- Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know. - Mirae hurried to say but Chaeyeon brushed it off.

- That's okay. Kino... I mean, Angel... No. Hyunggu is... the reason I didn't mention him is that he hasn't dated anyone for quite a while too... but that means he's free. So I'll tell him about you. - Chaeyeon said and Clara sighed.

- This is why I don't miss my twenties. When you reach your forties, you don't have time to be in this much denial. -

- I'm not in denial. - Chaeyeon defended herself but looking down.

- Really? Ok, you said Hyunggu hasn't dated anyone for a while and you haven't either. For all the time I've known you, you haven't dated anyone. -

- That's not true, Clara. I had a few dates. -

- Right. A few dates that meant nothing. -

Clara's words stuck in Chaeyeon for the rest of the day. No. She was stuck with that thought for the entire week. Ever since Hyunggu had broken up with Jiyeon, he had gone on a few dates but it led to nothing at the end. She had asked him why before and his answer all the time was that he was waiting.

Chaeyeon didn't quite understand what he meant with it, yet deep inside of her she kept thinking it was the same thing he used to say years ago. When he had a crush on her. But she doubted it was the same case now because he hadn't said anything, and therefore, it was why she didn't want to get excited. As much as she liked the idea of him liking her.

And Chaeyeon had also been on a few meaningless dates. But, what was her reason to not go out with anyone?

- Why haven't you set me up on more blind dates, Mom? - Chaeyeon asked a Friday night. She was having dinner at her parents' house, as she did every week. Jaehyun was not present that evening.

- Well, you never cared for any of the suitors I introduced you to. I figured I shouldn't waste my time. - Dr. Lee replied shrugging her shoulders. - Why are you asking? -

- I just realized I've been single for a long time now. -

- I wouldn't worry about you being single. - her father interjected.

- Of course. I have other things to worry about. - Chaeyeon added with no ill intentions. It took some time, but the relationship with her father was back to normal.

- That's not what I meant. Love will come to you someday. I bet you'll find it standing right in front of you. How's Hyunggu, by the way? -

Seeing her mother's laughter made Chaeyeon become aware of what her father was talking about and she took a deep breath.

- He's great. -

- Please, do tell him we want him to visit us soon. I kno

Please log in to read the full chapter