Friends.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

The outfit looked great on Eunwoo just like she imagined. The new hair gave it an extra look to it. Although she didn't think it would at first. It was Yeeun's idea. 

- Eunwoo, how about we go tomorrow to Underworld different? - Yeeun had said to Eunwoo the day prior after she called her. 

- Different? What do you mean? - Eunwoo asked. 

- I don't know. You already have a new outfit. You can also put makeup on or do your hair differently. Just try something new. Something that goes with your new hobby. A new beginning of your life. - 

"A new beginning of my life?" 

That's how Eunwoo came home that Saturday with longer hair thanks to the extensions that added a more length. It was dyed pink with blond highlights. The best part? She could just wash it off later. So she definitely looked different. As if she was another girl. 

Yeeun looked different herself with her new bob cut and so both girls departed to Underworld which unlike last Saturday it was full of people. 

Eunwoo waved at the classmates she encountered at the entrance and smiled when they looked to be surprised by her new look. She saw one member of the basketball team, Hojun. The one who made fun of her. 

- Isn't that...? - He started to say to his companion. - That's Eunwoo, right? - 

"What?" 

Eunwoo looked back at him when she heard him say her name. She couldn't believe he said it. But he wasn't the only one. Other classmates called out to her using her name and not the nickname she had been known as before. 

This made her smiled happily and when they got to the part where Seokmin and Jungkook were, she barely paid attention to the latter's reaction to her friend. Hence, she didn't notice Seokmin's reaction to her either. Again. 

- We do look so pretty, don't we? - she just responded to Seokmin and went with him to the booth. 

It was on her way there that she couldn't get off the feeling that somebody was watching her. She knew from the moment she entered that people were watching but this gaze was stronger. She turned around and found the culprit. Jaehyun. 

He was sitting at a table with Younghoon, Chaeyeon, and Jiyeon. While the other three were minding their own business, Jaehyun was staring silently at her. She ignored him. Or at least tried to. 

- Okay, remember, you are the best. You can do this. - she said to Seokmin as he got ready.

- I know. Thank you, Eunwoo. - he said and held her hand in his. 

And the music started. Eunwoo began to dance, to let herself go with the distraction one more time. But she couldn't stop thinking about those eyes on her and occasionally, she looked Jaehyun's way. 

She saw him getting up and going to the dance floor to dance, all while he stared at her. So she continued to dance, to hype the crowd. Because if there was something that Eunwoo was really good at, was being the loudest. She yelled, she jumped, she danced until Seokmin's turn was over and they went dancing with their friends. 

They formed a circle with some of their classmates where they all danced. Although some of them came to her to ask to dance alone. She refused politely because she was liking to dance in a group, but she also liked that they came to ask her. 

And then she heard Jaehyun's voice right next to her. 

- Do you want to dance? - 

She glanced at him for a moment and then moved to the other side. She didn't respond. The boy then danced all his way to stand next to her. 

- Do you want to dance? - he asked her again. 

Eunwoo pretended she didn't hear him and asked Chaeyeon instead if she was thirsty. She then went to the bar to get bottles of water. As she was waiting, she heard Jaehyun behind her. 

- Do you want to dance? - 

Okay, she was fed up. She turned around to face him. 

- Don't you know that no means no? - she said. 

- I do. But you haven't really said no. - 

- Alright. Then, no. I don't want to dance. - Eunwoo added. 

Jaehyun nodded in silence for a bit. 

- May I ask why? - 

"Is he serious?", she thought to herself. Eunwoo was not the vindictive type. She didn't hold hard feelings. Hojun had been one of the few boys who asked her to dance earlier and despite how he treated her in the past, she still smiled softly when she refused. 

But her whole body was asking her to accept Jaehyun's request. It wouldn't be the first time they'd dance together, but Eunwoo didn't want to because she still felt hurt. So there was only one reply she could give. 

- Because we are not friends. - she said as she pursed her lips. 

Jaehyun didn't lose his resolution. 

- I wasn't asking as a friend. - was all he said and left Eunwoo speechless. 

She was confused as she wondered what he meant but she didn't have time to ask because Seokmin came at that moment. 

 - Jaehyun, let's do the choreography. - Seokmin said excitedly and he turned to Eunwoo. - You're going to love this. - 

But Eunwoo had already seen it. She even saw them practicing once. In middle school, Jungkook, Jaehyun, Chaeyeon, and Seokmin learned a choreography for a festival and that night at the club they did it perfectly, like the first time. 

They kept dancing like that until Eunwoo and Yeeun went to the restroom. She didn't really feel like going but she needed to get away from people to think about Jaehyun's words. What he actually meant with that because for her, it definitely sounded as if he was saying he had an interest in her more than a friend would. But, could it be true?

Eunwoo didn't know but it would explain why he stared at her the whole time. He seemed to be really focused on her and she liked it. Her heart fluttered and she was thinking to go to Jaehyun and talk to him but then Chaeyeon and Jiyeon came in. 

- Are you sure you can't make it? It'll be fun to watch a movie tonight. - 

Eunwoo heard Jiyeon asking but Chaeyeon said she had other plans. 

- Just go with Jaehyun tonight. He got you a present. - 

That felt like a bucket of cold water on Eunwoo. Her short but still high hopes came crashing down. It was Jiyeon's birthday. And she knew it because Jaehyun had talked about it for weeks. He said he wanted to buy her a present. 
He didn't ask Eunwoo's opinion on what to get Jiyeon but he still mentioned it. With his own hopes for that special night.

Before she knew it, Eunwoo was crying. For a few minutes, she believed Jaehyun could be feeling the same she had felt for almost her entire life. Even though she knew clearly that was not the case. She remembered that she saw Jaehyun dancing with Jiyeon and that later the girl danced with Minho so that's when Jaehyun came asking her. 

She felt so dumb. She got hurt again. 

Eunwoo came out of the stall when the two girls left and she looked at her face. She poured water on her to hide the tears because she knew Yeeun would notice, which she did but stayed quiet. She was feeling a little down, too.
Outside the club, the boys were waiting for them and Eunwoo took a deep breath before joining them. 

- Another great night, wasn't it? - Seokmin asked. 

- Yes, it was. - she replied, setting aside the stupid moment she had with Jaehyun. She needed to distract herself again. 

- The amusement park? Are you going there? We should all go. - Seokmin said all of a sudden to Jungkook once he heard of the plan the other two were making.  

- Yes, it sounds fun. - Eunwoo said. It'll be a perfect distraction.

- Alright, let's make it a double date. - Jungkook answered. 

"A double date? Is he saying what I think he's saying?" Eunwoo thought to herself. She turned to Seokmin and realized the boy didn't seem fazed by that so she probably just misunderstood. She agreed to it. 

Jungkook then took Yeeun home and Eunwoo walked with Seokmin to his motorcycle where they saw Jaehyun and Jiyeon who were waiting for a taxi. Eunwoo tried to avoid them but they were called out by Jiyeon.

- Hey, do you want to go watch a movie with us? There's this one that I can't wait to see. - the girl said with a smile. 

"And have a double date with them?

Please log in to read the full chapter