Implication.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

- Come on in, Yeeun. - She heard Principal Yoon said as she opened the door. 

She was nervously biting her lips when she entered but was surprised once she saw she wasn't the only one there. There were two boys, Hyunggu and Younghoon. 

She was asked to sit in the middle. To her right, Hyunggu was sitting looking even more nervous than she was. On her left side, there was Younghoon with a calm expression. 

Mr. Jeong was also there and he was holding some papers in his hands. Principal Yoon joined them and sighed before she spoke.

- You know there has been an implication of a student, Han Jeongmin, buying the answers of the exam to Mr. Kim. We are investigating if such allegations are true and the three of you are here today because of that. - 
Yoon nodded to Mr. Jeong, who in exchange turned to Hyunggu.  

- Kang Hyunggu, we have discovered it was you who posted the comment suspecting Jeongmin. You are "Kino", aren't you? - Mr. Jeong said. 

Yeeun looked at Hyunggu with big eyes. Kino was famous online within the students' community as he was a radio announcer who would comment on subjects concerning injustice in the education system, fees, bullying, discriminatory acts, and more. There were people who would go as far as to say Kino was kind of a masked hero for pointing out subjects some people didn't dare to discuss. It was surreal to think Kino was Hyunggu considering how quiet Hyunggu was. 

- Yes, it's true. - he said. 

In silence, Yeeun heard all the questioning Hyunggu went through and the answers he gave. He confessed to having suspected Jeongmin cheated since the beginning but denied involvement in the implication. He said he only suspected him, not that he was sure of it. 

After a few minutes, Mr. Jeong turned to Younghoon and spoke firmly. 

- Younghoon, you... I mean, Kim Younghoon, you are Jeongmin's friend. Is there anything you know about this that might help us clarify the situation? - 

- It was a set- up. Jeongmin is not capable of bribing a teacher to have the answers to the exam. Jeongmin is the smartest kid in the school. I understand there must be people envious of him that would try to bring him down. - Younghoon responded as he glanced at Hyunggu. 

Yeeun couldn't keep her eyes off of him. The other day during practice, Younghoon didn't look to be as upset as he was in that moment but Yeeun had noticed that was his personality. He wasn't the type to show much worry or anger. He was always calmed. That was part of his charm but she did like to see him defending his friend so passionately. He looked so cool that she almost smiled but quickly recovered herself before she made a fool out of herself since it was a serious matter. 

Still, she was distracted to the point that she jumped in her seat a little when Mr. Jeong called out her name. 

- Yes? - she answered as she swallowed hard. 

- A student claimed to have heard you say you saw something Monday morning. - Mr. Jeong repeated his question. 

There was no point in denying it anymore so she finally confessed what she saw that day. She told everything minus the part where she saw Jungkook. She didn't know why, but she couldn't say it. 

- Did you see their faces? - Mrs. Yoon asked her and she stood frozen like a statue. She knew Younghoon was looking at her. He was looking at her finally and he was doing it when she was caught up in that situation. 

For a few seconds that seemed like an eternity for Yeeun, she considered her options until she decided it was best to say it. 

"I saw Jungkook. He turned to me and I saw him". 

- No. - was the real answer that came out of her lips. - I didn't see their faces. They were wearing black hoodies, those hoodies from the brand that it's trendy right now. They just passed me by and I didn't think much of it at that moment. - 

A hole in her stomach appeared as soon as she said that lie. A hole that became bigger the more Younghoon looked at her. 

- Why didn't you say anything later? - Mr. Jeong questioned her and once more she bit her lips. 

- Because I'm not one hundred percent sure it was them who put up the pictures, I didn't want to implicate anyone. - 

The three students were asked more questions but were let go after a while. Younghoon went to his class and Yeeun saw him walked away as Hyunggu got far away from her. Once she reached the classroom, everyone turned to see them and Yeeun avoid the gaze of someone in specific throughout the rest of the classes. Eunwoo would occasionally elbow her to ask what happened but Yeeun didn't talk.  

Yeeun needed a better place to tell her friend but thanks to the weather that day the cafeteria ended up full of students. It was so crowded that they barely managed to find an empty table, although soon other students sat with them. 

- Tell me quickly what happened. Did you tell them? -  

Yeeun was about to respond when someone approached them and sat next to Eunwoo. Someone that made Yeeun dropped her spoon before the first bite. 

- Excuse me, there aren't any more seats left... oh? You're the girl from this morning. Yeeun, right? We're meeting twice in the same day. - 

Yeeun couldn't

Please log in to read the full chapter