Lie.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

- Holy shi... - Hyunggu covered his mouth before he said the bad word but it couldn't stop him from being surprised of what he just saw. 

Yeeun stood tall with her clenched fists as she waited for Jeongmin to stand up. 

- Stand up, coward! Stand up and fight me. - she said but it took a while for Jeongmin to get on his feet. Once he stood up he lifted his fist towards her but was stopped by Jungkook, who pushed him to the ground again. 

Yeeun didn't know when he arrived but appreciated his appearance to go to Eunwoo. Both Jaehyun and Chaeyeon had helped her get up but she was still crying. She was in so much pain and she looked so fragile as her tears were mixing with the rain. 

- Wow, I knew you were trash but I didn't know you were the type of trash that hits girls. And all for what? That you wanted to know who put up the pictures? Well, it was me, you dip. - 

Yeeun looked up when she heard Jungkook confessing to Jeongmin, but the other guy didn't look surprised. 

- I knew it was you. - Jeongmin said. 

- Oh, yeah? Then why didn't you come for me? Whatever, I'm here now. Come and hit me. Come on, come and hit me. - Jungkook grabbed the pipe Jeongmin had dropped earlier and signal to the three guys to come for him. They didn't. The reputation Jungkook had followed him everywhere he went and that time was no different. 

- We called for help. Someone will be here soon. - Jaehyun said and soon enough Mr. Jeong appeared. Yeeun didn't see what happened to the older boys that were with Jeongmin but he was held by the police. He didn't say who punched him probably because he was embarrassed to admit it was Yeeun.

As Jeongmin was being taken away, Yeeun saw Jungkook approached him and tell him something that seemed to surprise the other. Eunwoo was taken to a hospital. Hyunggu refused to go. He wasn't as hurt as Eunwoo, or so he said. 

The rest of them were sent to the Principal's office and while waiting to speak to Principal Yoon, Jaehyun's voice was heard.

- I think we should tell her, Jungkook. That way we can show her the evidence. - he said and Yeeun turned to him. 

- Maybe you're right. We should. - 

- Wait, are you...? - 

Yeeun didn't manage to finish her question because Yoon came to them and almost immediately, Jaehyun stood up. 

- Mrs. Yoon, we have to confess we did it. We took the pictures of Jeongmin and Mr. Kim and put them up on the wall. It wasn't a set-up. Jeongmin bribed Mr. Kim. - he said in front of Yeeun's stunned face.

- Who do you mean by we? - Yoon asked so Jungkook stood up which didn't surprise the Principal.

- And I suppose Seokmin is the third guy Yeeun saw. - she said but Jungkook shook his head in denial. 

- Seokmin had nothing to do with this. - he said. 

- Then who is the third person? - 

- I am. - 

Once again, Yeeun was left astonished when Hyunggu spoke up, especially since he had denied any involvement just hours ago. Principal Yoon asked the three boys inside her office and Yeeun was left alone with Chaeyeon. She stayed quiet for a moment as she looked at her hand. It didn't feel numb. It was weird, it had been years since the last time she hit someone as hard as that time but she wasn't hurt. 

- You seem to know how to fight. - Chaeyeon said and Yeeun looked at her with an alarmed expression. 

It had already started. People were going to find out about her past. Despite how much Yeeun tried to hide all the fights she was involved in when she was younger, it seemed like her classmates were going to find out about it. 

You may be wondering what was Yeeun's past but I won't tell you the details yet. Just know that Yeeun didn't want to be discovered. 

After a while, the boys came out of Yoon's office. Hyunggu looked sad, Jaehyun looked regretful, and Jungkook... well, Jungkook looked like it was another normal day for him. 

- Tomorrow I'll be discussing with you your punishment, ladies. - Yoon said to which Chaeyeon replied. 

- Our punishment? But, we didn't do anything. - she said with a soft smile. The same she always had and made her look like an angel. 

- You were somewhat involved in the street fight so you will be getting a punishment. - 

With nothing more to say, they were let go. Yeeun hurried home after knowing Eunwoo was already discharged from the hospital and resting at hers. Still the moment Yeeun walked through the door, her mother called out to her. She looked disappointed and heartbroken. 

- You promised me you wouldn't be in any more fights, Yeeun. - she said. 

- I know, but I had to step in. He hit Eunwoo. - Yeeun defended herself although it was not of much help. She felt disappointment too and listened to her mother's scolding without saying a word.

Later that day when she was alone in her room she called Eunwoo. 

- I'm okay. - her friend said. - I think Jeongmin is not a good fighter because he didn't break the bone. The wound still hurts a lot, though. - 

- I know. I noticed he doesn't know how to fight. - Yeeun agreed but quickly changed the subject. It wasn't time for her to worry about that. - So, are you going to school tomorrow? - 

- I have to, I will also be punished. Or that's what Jaehyun told me. - Eunwoo said as she giggled telling Yeeun Jaehyun had just visited. 

- Speaking of Jaehyun, I can't believe he took the pictures and exposed them with Jungkook. - 

- Jaehyun doesn't like injustice so I can believe he exposed Mr. Kim's corruption. I find it more unbelievable Hyunggu turned out to be Kino. But, I guess now that it's all out, Jungkook won't be spying on you anymore. - 

Yes, that was true. Yeeun thought the good that came out of all of it was that she didn't have to worry about Jungkook. He would go back to ignore her and she could ignore him, as well. 

Her biggest problem was now the possibility of the students finding out about her past as a troublemaker. Not even the punishment scared her as much as that. 

She went to school hoping, praying nobody would know but it was too late. Since the moment she got in, people would stare at her and whisper behind her back. Yeeun couldn't hear exactly what they said but she knew. It was happening again. People now knew of her past, and just like in her last school, they were going to ignore her, treat her bad and say mean things about her. All because they would believe her a bully. And once the Parent Committee heard about it, she could get transferred. Again. 

- Is that her? - 

- Yes, she is. - 

- Wow, I can't believe it. - 

- She kept it well hidden, I see. - 

She heard the whispers as she entered her classroom, the stares from her classmates were worse and she walked with her head down. She sat quietly and try to let her normal routine back. She paid attention to her classes, she read when she had the time but even though she tried to not care for the looks she received, she still refused to go out and have lunch with Eunwoo. 

- Let's go, Yeeun. We don't know what would be our punishment and this could be the last time we eat in the cafeteria. Besides, I made these treats and I want Jaehyun to taste them. - Eunwoo said with a bright smile on her face. Her arm was bandaged and couldn't hold on Yeeun well but it still made her feel better. 

At least she knew it wouldn't be exactly as last time since she had Eunwoo with her. 

- I don't want to go there. Everyone is going to be looking at me and talking about me. They're going to talk about how I punched Jeongmin. - she said with a sigh but Eunwoo looked at her with surprise. 

- What are you talking about? Nobody knows you punched Jeongmin. -

- What? But, everyone's been looking weirdly at me and whispering behind my back. - Yeeun said. 

- Oh, that's just because Jungkook told Jeongmin you are his girlfriend. - 

Please log in to read the full chapter