Trouble.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I hope you don't say anything to anybody". 

Yeeun had replayed this all the way to her house. She couldn't stop thinking about the obvious warning behind those words. Even when she reached home, she stumbled when she took her shoes off at the entrance. She had to admit she was a little shaken. She didn't know why she got herself in that trouble.

- Your teacher did a bad thing. - Yewon, Yeeun's little sister welcomed her with a playful smile as she looked down at her phone to keep playing her game. 

- What did you say? - Yeeun asked. She was hoping to not have to think about the incident but she knew by now all parents would know what happened. 

And her mother's words during dinner were a clear proof. 

- I can't believe Mr. Kim behaved like that. And that student, too. I'm sure the Parent Committee would want to take action immediately or this would affect the other student's future. The school takes pride in being the best in the country. That is why your father and I sent you there. - 

That wasn't the first time Yeeun's mother spoke of this. Her mother owned a little bakery that provided them a steady income. Her father was a lawyer that lived in a different city. Her parents divorced when she was little but Yeeun was well aware her parents were doing their best to send her to that school. That is why she studied hard and tried to be a good student. She couldn't afford to get in trouble. 

She decided then to follow Jungkook's advice and not say anything. That was until later that night when she went to the convenience store across her house to buy ramen and she saw a motorcycle parked in the front. A familiar motorcycle. 

Yeeun returned home and went up to her bedroom to see through her window who owned ride the motorcycle, but, it wasn't there anymore. Still, she didn't need to see him. She knew the motorcycle belonged to Jungkook. 
He had been there spying on her.  He was there to warn her more. She could feel her anger boiling up and her fists closed. She was not going to take it. If he wanted to scare her, it was not going to work. 

So early morning next day she marched to the Principal Yoon's office to confessed what she saw. She managed to get to the hallway before she stopped midway when she saw two elegant ladies in front of the office with Principal Yoon. 

- I'm sorry, there's nothing more to say. As president of the committee, all I can say is that you have to take out the rotten apple before it contaminates the rest. It's simple as that. - said the woman dressed in a fancy white suit.

- But, how can you agree on suspending my son for something he didn't do? This is going to affect him for the rest of his life. What good university will accept him with that on his record? And I have to remind you what happened with Jungkook last year? You act almighty now, but, of course since he's your son you did your best to not suspend him. - replied the other woman. 

Yeeun stayed in complete silence once she found out the woman in white, the president of the Parent Committee was Jungkook's mother. She was not aware of this information but it made sense. 

- And you act brave trying to compare the two actions. Jungkook and Seokmin were punished, I remind you in case you're letting that aside. And it's not only me voicing out my concern for our children. I'm speaking on behalf of the other parents. There is nothing left to discuss. - 

The fancy woman excused herself and walked away as Yeeun hid in the hall. She went to her classroom after that because all of her resolutions fade away with what she heard. She remembered the strange circumstances that led to Jungkook and Seokmin to be moved to her class and how despite him being involved in so many rumors of fights, he was never punished. And now she knew why. 

She also remembered how much effort her parents put into her education and realized it wasn't' the best idea to implicate Jungkook in the incident. But the memory of Jeongmin's mother saying he didn't do it burdened her. It did even more throughout the day when everyone kept talking about the subject but focusing more on the theory of being a set-up. 

The possibility of Jungkook setting Jeongmin up and her being the only witness was tormenting her that she couldn't pay attention to the classes, she didn't listen to what Eunwoo was saying to her. She didn't eat.

In gym class when she was running her head was filled with so many thoughts that she ended up tripping and falling. Mr. Jeong allowed her to take a break and she hurried to the bathroom with Eunwoo following her. 

- Okay, what's been happening to you all day? Did your parents fight over the phone again? - Her best friend asked her in a worried tone but all Yeeun could think of was the big predicament she was in. It was eating her up. She was sweating and shaking. She knew she was about to explode and she did. 

- I SAW THEM. YESTERDAY MORNING I SAW THREE BOYS COMING FROM THE PATIO... -

The flush of a toilet stop

Please log in to read the full chapter