Misunderstanding.

Memories: After. {On Hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Okay, the last part sounded too dramatic. But It's important to mention it because it was a crucial moment for this story. It was the beginning of a misunderstanding that almost ruined everything. This is when the story starts to get really weird.

I've told you Eunwoo and Jaehyun's side so you know the feelings the two have for each other. But in this story, a third person comes into play. Now I'll tell you from Seokmin's side.

Seokmin and Jaehyun had known each other since they were nine years old. Even at that young age, Seokmin knew how much of an accomplishment it was to attend the most expensive school with a full scholarship so for weeks he hid his real personality behind a quiet demeanor out of fear to mess up his opportunity.  

Until one day he was playing all by himself at the playground of the school when Jungkook, Jaehyun, and Chaeyeon approached him. He felt intimidated seeing the fancy clothes they were wearing and he thought they'd play with him for just one day. He was surprised when it didn't turn out like that. They played with him every day ever since. They soon became friends and Seokmin knew he'd never find friends like them. 

He was there when Jungkook's mother left and he started being aggressive. He learned to deal with Chaeyeon's angelic and playful side. And with Jaehyun... Seokmin is not a good liar, so you'd think he's not the best at keeping secrets. But for Jaehyun he did the impossible to keep his. You'll know what this secret is later, I've mentioned it before. 

And when Seokmin became Eunwoo's classmate, he knew her just as Jaehyun's fangirl. He didn't know when exactly he started liking her but he knew he smiled everytime he heard Eunwoo's loud voice in the classroom. Maybe we could say he liked her voice first. Then he got the chance to talk to her and he liked her more for the way she was. His feelings were growing really fast that Jungkook had to talk to him last Friday. 

- You're always telling me I should confess to Yeeun and be honest with her. You should do the same with Eunwoo. - Jungkook told him and he thought he was right. 

So you'll see, Jaehyun hadn't been the only who had planned to confess to Eunwoo that Monday. Seokmin and Eunwoo set a meeting up for Jungkook and Yeeun to help them confess their mutual feelings and sat behind the stands to spy on them. 

When they were alone, Seokmin considered confessing to Eunwoo at that moment but they were all interrupted by Jaehyun, Minho, and Younghoon who got there to practice. Chaeyeon and Hyunggu soon joined them and Seokmin thought he wouldn't have another chance until later but then the friendly game was suggested and he saw the perfect moment to do it by asking Eunwoo to hold his blazer only to come face to face with Jaehyun who was doing the same. 

So going back to that instant, maybe it was kind of dramatic. But because Minho had tripped almost on top of Chaeyeon and Jungkook had offered his blazer to Yeeun, nobody except for Eunwoo noticed it. She's the one who noticed how tense Jaehyun and Seokmin felt and how they stood frozen in complete shock. 

Eunwoo's first instinct was to reach for Jaehyun's blazer since he had always given it to her during practices but for some reason, she stopped her hands and hesitated for a second. She was confused because she didn't know what were Seokmin's real intentions. She didn't know if he was aware of what that gesture meant in that school. But she didn't want to leave him hanging either so instead, she grabbed both blazers at the same time, which was what ultimately made the two boys wake from their reverie and turned to see her. 

Jaehyun frowned while Seokmin looked at her heartbroken. Eunwoo bit her lips nervously. 

- Classes haven't started yet. I'll hold your blazers so they don't get dirty. - she replied with a smile. 
She knew by saying this she was refusing the meaning behind the gesture. In other words, she wasn't accepting either. 

- Oh, okay. Thanks, Eunwoo. Let's go to play, Jaehyun. - Seokmin said with a half smile as he left. He didn't want to show how confused and disappointed he was. 

Jaehyun smiled awkwardly at him and the game began. Jaehyun's team consisted of Minho and Younghoon while Seokmin's consisted of Jungkook and Hyunggu. 

Okay, in the first story I told you how this game went. The teams weren't keeping scores and they were playing without rules. It was fun to watch for the girls sitting on the bench until... 

Eunwoo thought it would be a good idea to take pictures of the game because nobody was winning. When Jungkook scored and he turned to Yeeun, Eunwoo took his picture. She did the same with Minho who posed for her while doing hearts at them. Hyunggu scored as well and he danced which made the girls be impressed with him. Younghoon followed suit and posed for Eunwoo's camera like a model.

Then came Jaehyun's turn who of course scored the easiest out of all. When he saw Eunwoo was about to take his picture he smiled in the most beautiful way showing his dimple. it was a smile that Eunwoo loved and it had the effect he knew it'd have. Her hands trembled and she almost dropped her camera. Jaehyun smirked as he turned to Seokmin and coolly did a head tilt. 

Seokmin then took the ball from Jungkook and aimed to score. He later ran to Eunwoo and posed for her in the same way he had previously done. It was in a way that Eunwoo had liked so she shouted happily. 

- Yes! That's the perfect shot. - she said and proceeded to keep Seokmin's picture close to her. 

Ater this Seokmin smirked at Jaehyun and copied his head tilt. But Jaehyun didn't want to be left behind and quickly scored so he could go to Eunwoo and pose for her. He made a heart at her that made her smile. So Seokmin had to do the same. 

Eunwoo was enjoying the way the two boys were posing and didn't find anything weird about it until she heard Chaeyeon complaining. 

- Do they think they look good? Why are they so embarrassing? - 

With Chaeyeon's words, Eunwoo realized that Jaehyun and Seokmin were posing over the top and being way too extra each time. It was as if they were trying to outdo the other. But, why? 

Eunwoo took a picture as she had that question in her head and it was right before Seokmin and Jaehyun fell to the ground. The boys stopped the game.

- What happened? - Younghoon asked. 

- We tripped. - Jaehyun answered with a fading smile. 

- Yeah. We tripped. -

Please log in to read the full chapter