Chapter 6

My Best Friend Taehyung

 

(Taehyung’s POV)

 

    I tried waiting as patiently as I possibly could outside her bedroom, but I quickly grew impatient. I pulled out my phone to check the time and it read 6:15pm. I then put my phone away and knock on her door.

    “Are you almost done?” I ask through the door.

“Almost be patient! You’re the one who wanted to go out!”

“UGH! Fine, fine!” I walked away from the door and laid on the couch facing away from her bedroom door. Ten minutes later I heard her bedroom door open.

“You picked out a good outfit Tae, this is definitely up my alley.” She proclaimed as she walked into her living room. I sat up and turned around to face her. “What do you think?” She was completely done up. I slowly get up off the couch and look up to see her face and she is just glowing, her makeup looks outstanding.

“Mmmm, turn for me.” I told her as I made a twirling motion with my finger and slowly walked towards her. She did as I said and began slowly spinning around so I could get a full 360 view. Then my eyes drifted down to her body, the dress I had picked out was hugging her body so well in all the right places. I  just couldn’t look away, the jacket, the shoes it all looked amazing on her.

“Tae?” She looked at me worried. “Do I look bad or something?” She started looking at herself doubting how she looked.

“No no no no! You look amazing actually.” I quickly reassured her so she wouldn’t feel self conscious. I opened my arms to pull her into a hug. “You’re absolutely beautiful, I promise.” She hugged me back.

“Aww thanks!”

“Alright, let’s go!” I grab her hand and start basically dragging her to the front door.

“Wait, where exactly are we going?” She asks as she tries to grab her bag and keys off of her kitchen counter.

“Nope, not gonna tell you. It’s a surprise.” I told her. She tried locking her front door as best as she could while only being able to use one hand. I then dragged her to the elevator so we could get in my car and go.

“Tae, why’re you doing all this? Don’t you have something better you could be doing? Like studying?” She asked as we waited for the elevator to reach the ground floor.

“Nope.” I simply stated back.

“No?”

“No.” I turned my head to see her face. “I’ve told you before, I’m here whenever you need me. That includes dropping what I’m doing if you need me to.”  I express myself to her and she just stares into my eyes. Like she was trying to read into my soul or something. “I care about you and I want you happy.” I move in closer to her so that she has to tilt her head up more to keep looking into my eyes. I give a soft smile as I continue gazing back into her eyes. Her cheeks begin to turn a light pink shade. Just as I start to lean towards her-

DING! Ground floor.

We both quickly move apart from each other and exit the elevator while i scratched the back of my neck trying to hide how embarrassed I was. I stole a quick glance and Y/n as we walked towards my car. Her face was pretty pink, I tried to hold back a small laugh and nonchalantly covered my mouth with one of my hands to hide my smile. As we reached the car, I quickly opened the door for her. She thanked me and got inside the car and I closed the door behind her.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    “Alright, we are almost there so close your eyes please.” Y/n closed her eyes and I finally pulled into a parking space. “Okay, give me one second. I’m going to go open your door for you.” She nodded her head at me in agreement and I quickly got out of the car and went to her door to open it. She unbuckled her seat belt and I grabbed her hand closest to me and helped her out of the car. I shut the door behind and then put my free hand around her waist and guided her. She felt warm to the touch, that’s the moment that I realised how great she smelled. It was something different. A new perfume or something? Whatever it was I could smell it forever. I guided her up a few steps making sure I was fully supporting her weight so she wouldn’t trip.

    “Alright, open your eyes.” She opened her eyes and a smile instantly appeared on her face.

    “SURPRISE!!!!!” Everyone shouted. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Y/n took a step back and looked at me in complete shock.

    “What is all this?” She asked me with a big smile on her face.

    “It’s a surprise party silly.” I explained as I ruffled her hair.

    “But my birthday isn’t till next weekend.”

    “Yeah I know, but we thought having the party now would be better.” I grabbed her hand in mine and started to walk her forward towards everybody.

    “Thank you Tae. THANK YOU EVERYBODY!” She shouted to everyone here. All our friends began walking to us and each giving Y/n a hug. Then Jimin walked up next to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

    “You did good. Does she know you planned all of this?” I just smiled and nodded my head no. “I think she should man.” He said and then walked away.

    After y/n greeted everybody she skipped back over to me. “This is great! Everyone is here.” I laughed with her.

    “Yep, I think it is time for some fun now. Let's go bowl!”

    “We got lanes?”

    “Of course! Why else would we be at a bowling alley?” She let out a small squeal and grabbed my hand and started dragging me to counter to get our shoes. I’m so glad that she’s happy. She needed this. I smile as she’s asking for her shoes size.

    “And you sir?” The counter clerk asked me.

    “Oh sorry.” I gave her my shoe size and then she gave me a pair of shoes in return.

    “Alright, your group will be in lanes 15 and 16 right over there.”

    “Thank you so much!” Y/n says as she grabbed her shoes and went to the nearest chair to sit down and put them on. I sat down next to her and did the same. We each then go to grab a couple of bowling balls and make our way to the lanes.

    We played a couple of games with everybody. Namjoon and I obviously dominated almost every game we played. Then I remembered we needed to still do the cake and she needed to open her presents.

    “Hey guys, let’s bring out y/n’s cake!” Everyone agrees so we all make our way to a couple of dining tables. “Hoseok, will you help me bring out the cake?” I asked my hyung.

    “Of course Taehyung!” Hoseok replied with a smile. Sasha went over to stand by Y/n and everyone else while Hoseok and I went to go get the cake.

 

(Y/n’s POV)

 

    “Hey y/n are you enjoying yourself?” I turned around to see Jimin.

    “Yes I am thank you so much. I can’t believe you guys did all this for me.”

    “Oh we didn’t do very my y/n. We just showed up really.” Sasha explained to me.

    “What do you mean? Y’all didn’t plan all of this together?” I asked them. They both nodded their heads no. “Well… then who did?” They both looked at each other and then Jimin looked back to me.

    “It was Taehyung y/n. Taehyung set up all of this and paid for everything himself.” Jimin explained to me.

    “Tae did all this?” Jimin nodded yes to me. “But how did he get the money to pay for all of this? I know he doesn’t make this much where he’s currently working.”

    “He got a second job and has been working most of his free time the past month or so.” Jimin smiled at me. “He’s been planning this for a while.”

    “He took a second job? Is that why I haven’t seen him as much for a while?”

    “Yep, that’s why.” Jimin confirmed to me.

    “But...why? He didn’t have to do all this, I didn’t need all of this.” I was so confused.

    “I think that’s something you should ask him.” Jimin suggested as he walked away to go talk to Yoongi. I just stared after him, dumbfounded. Tae did all of this....for me? He was working extra hours instead of studying for our midterms, for me…

    “Y/n are you ok?” Sasha asked me. I blinked a few times and looked at her.

    “Umm, I’m not sure.”

    “Y/n, how do you feel about Taehyung?” She suddenly blurted out. WHOA WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?!

    “What?!”

    “How. Do you. Feel. About. Taehyung?” I just stared at her blankly trying to comprehend what she was asking me.

    “What do you mean? He’s my best friend, I care for him a lot.”

    “That’s not what I meant and you know it.” She crossed her arms in front of her as a serious expression appeared on her face. “When you look at Taehyung what do you see? What do you feel when you think about him?”

    “I guess, I feel happy. When I see him and I’m feeling upset, he somehow manages to make me happy again. I feel safe with him, like nothing bad will ever happen.”

    “What else? Does he make you feel anything physically?”

    “What do you mean?”

    “Like...do you get butterflies when you see him? Does your heart race? Do you get shy or anything?”

    “Ummm, sometimes when he smiles I guess I get butterflies or my heart races. Same when he gets really close to me.”

    “Y/n I think you know how you feel about Tae. The question is...are you going to do anything about it?”

    “How do you know all of this stuff that I’m feeling Sasha? It’s like you’re experiencing it too.” I cover my mouth in shock. “Do you like Taehyung?” She instantly starts laughing.

    “Noooo! I don’t like Taehyung.”

    “Then how can you describe everything that I am feeling?”

    “Because like you said, I am feeling the exact same thing. Just not for Taehyung.” I gasped in shock and excitement.

    “Then who?!” She smiled and looked down putting a hand up near her lips.

    “It’s kind of Hoseok.”

    “WHAT?!” I blurted out a little too loudly. The boys all turned their gazes to me. I just smiled a little embarrassed and waved at them. “Sorry.”

    “Could you be any louder?” Sasha asks a bit annoyed.

    “Wait so if you like Hoseok, and I assume haven’t told him, then why are you getting on my case about Taehyung?” She shrugs her shoulders.

    “Because I want you happy.”

    “Well I want you happy as well Sasha.”

    “Well if I say something to Hoseok, will you say something to Tae?”

    “Oh, I don’t know about that.”

    “Come on, if we do this together as a pack, I think we are more likely to do it. So what do you say, we each say something to the boys. Deal?” As I ponder over her proposal, Taehyung and Hoseok walk back to us all and begin singing happy birthday. The walk the cake over in front of me while still singing.

    “Now make a wish Y/n!” Jungkook cheered. I pause for a moment to think about my wish, then blow out my candles. After that they all begin cheering and shouting happy birthday to me.