Past

Eta Aquariids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She opens her eyes. Rubbing her nose from the morning itches. Her eyebrows furrow in the middle.

 

“Why there is no alarm this morning? Did I forgot to set it last night?”

 

She need to check the time. Hopping the time is 6:00 AM. Try to reach out the side table searching for her glasses only to find out that there are no glasses there. And there are no such things as side table also.

 

Her eyes now wide open to ask her friend just to find out again that her friend is nowhere beside her either. Her eyes soaring everywhere just to realize that this is not her room.

 

This room is too pinky to her liking. Cloth and make-up is everywhere, on the floor, on the bed, even on the make-up table. Of course, there are make-up table. There is too much make-up in this room. She feels suffocated inhaling the whatever smell generate from the room.

 

Is she drunk last night? Did her friend ditch her at random house again? She swears she will kill her friend if she founds that tanned girl again. This is not the first time she ends up wake up in the foreign room – whoever the owner is – not that she can see nobody right now. But she doesn’t remember drinking anything last night that will end up her in another person room. What was she drunk again last night? She is scratching her head hard. Trying to think. 

 

Arrggkkhhh…!!!! Milk! Yes, milk! It’s only a freaking milk!!!

 

Ok whatever it is, she need to get out of this room. Or the house. Whoever the house it is!

 

She picks up a watch on top of the table, need to wear something to stay with the time. She can’t find her watch anywhere on the bed so she’s just gonna borrow this person watch for a while.

 

She need to run. That’s what she does every morning. That’s what the alarm needed at the first place. That’s her morning routine. She scans the room searching for her shoes but could not find any of it. Maybe it’s outside?

 

She’s open the door. Looks like she in 2 storey house or something. She’s not sure. She drags herself downstairs and found the not-so-her-shoes behind the front door.

 

“Where the heck is my shoes? What am I wearing last night?”

 

She took a glance look at the shoes again and shook her head in disbelief. It’s more to her size so she’s gonna wear it. She scans the house again. It’s a family house. Look decent, more decent from the room earlier.

 

“At least somebody is human down here”. She let a small chuckle out, thinking about the pinky room again just now. That room is too much.

 

She can see the time at the wall across the hall without squinting her eyes. Ok that’s new. Normally at that range of distance all will looks blurry to her. Are her eyes getting better? Out of sudden? This is weird.

 

She took a deep breath and turn the knob to the left and right, trying to open it – thank God, it’s not lock - and she went out from the house.

 

She’s not familiar with the area. Where the hell is she now? Looks like an urban village or something. There a no busy street, no honking cars, the atmosphere is rather fresh and greeny. This will make her morning run easier. She’s start with the light stretching and jog lightly while scanning from left to right. 

 

She looks at her-not-so-liking-type-of-watch to check the time. It’s 20 past 6 now.

It still cold outside and she can’t hardly see other people on the street but she can see some people do wake up early to do their activity along her run. The sight is so refreshing.

 

She did her run for about an hour, more or less, just to found out that this is really not her known area. She enjoys the running and the smell of the fresh street but she need to go back to the house. Maybe her friend is in the other room. Why don’t she check on that first when she wakes up?

 

What am I’m thinking?

 

She smiles while slowing her pace down and start walking back to the house.

 

And then, there is ahjumma just went outside her house to pick-up the milk outside of her door.

 

“You’re early today!”.

 

She’s stop. She’s look at her back just to see there is nobody except her and that ahjumma.

 

She is pointing her finger at her chest. Asking if that ahjumma is talking to her.

 

That ahjumma laugh a little, found her amused somehow.

 

“Since when you’re running in the morning? Normally you are still on your bed right now.”

“Excuse me ma’am, do I know you?”

“Do you know me? Are you sick Jessica? And what with the polite “excuse me ma’am” out of sudden?”

 

She blinks her eyes to the ahjumma in shock.

 

“Sorry. What are you calling me?”

“Aegyo this girl! I said… what with the polite 'excuse me ma’am' just now?”

“No-no… not that one. What did you call me just now?”

“Cal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter