The impossible switch

Eta Aquariids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

2nd November 2017

Taeyeon timeline 

1:05 pm

 

Back in the staff room.

 

 

Taeyeon and Yuri was staring at each other. They have no words to say at the moment. The clock is ticking. As much as Taeyeon want to be kick again by Yuri, she holds her breath and make a peace with herself just to wait for Sooyoung to come back. 

 

That stupid Sooyoung. 

 

"You do realize this is a stupid idea, right? I mean how come just creating the headache will make you go back to Jessica body?"

"I don't know what is stupid and what is not now Yul. I just want to switch. To be honest I don't really know what to think now either."

"Funny when you do crazy stupid thing when you are in love. I can't believe you are in love with her. You are not the type that simply can fall in love you know. You do realize that you guys don't even meet yet."

“Funny! I don't understand myself, Yul!”

 

 

Jessica! 

 

 

Taeyeon close her eyes. Remembering how Jessica smell from her shirt when they switch. Remembering how she look like when Taeyeon see herself in the mirror and she only see Jessica face. Those eyes. That smile. That lips. Is she being stupid? No. she called this stupid thing as madness. How far will Taeyeon do for Jessica who she not even met yet. She'll do everything. With her life. What are they now? She can't even describe their relationship. They merely text. Only text. And how stupid that was sound.

 

 

How stupid can I be?

 

 

Nobody thought she will be in love due to her nerdy-ness and inability to understand love. Even Yuri can't believe herself. Has she ever say she love Jessica? No. Why not? Because she doesn’t know how to. She never been in love before. And with this switching scenario, it complicated the thing even more. This switch thing makes her feel they both are from the different world. They are so close but yet so far. Taeyeon been smiling like a fool when she is receiving Jessica text and she is smiling like an idiot even more while replying her back. That's how crazy and stupid she can be.

 

 

She’s my everything.  

 

 

 

“If this switch happen, are you gonna talk to yourself there?”

“I don’t know Yul. I don’t even know if this gonna work actually. We are trying this blindly.”

 

 

There are no words to be spoken. The silent was white. Yuri try to be a good listener until Taeyeon start to speak again.  

 

 

“Now I know why she’s not there."

“What?"

“When we go to Jeju Island, searching for her. She’s not there, remember?"

“Yeah, because that time is already 2017. And… how crazy this may sound… th--that... they will die today in 2016. That’s why we never found them there. This sound so… I’m so sorry Tae. I dunno how to put in words actually!"

"No wonder the house was empty. And it was being sale when we reach there because they are not there. If I didn’t save them today, I will never forgive myself Yul. I must make this switch Yul. We must make this switch happen. I need to save them. I just talk to Krystal last night. She was clinging to me. I just show her, her star last night. And then this morning you just show me her picture with... oh myyy... what have I done Yul. What have I’ve done?"

 

 

Taeyeon was grabbing Yuri shoulder right now. Shaking her. She is totally in a mess. Yuri didn't know how to comfort the latter. She was in doubt whether she should speak or to keep quiet, she then decides to give themselves the benefit of the doubt and remain silent.

 

 

Krystal!

 

 

The name keeps playing in Taeyeon head. What are Krystal to Taeyeon? She's the sister that Taeyeon never had. She's the sister that everybody wants. She's the friend that everybody deserved. She's like mirror image to Jessica on two non-identical people. She radiates the warmth emotion of loving bonding Taeyeon never received.

 

 

She’s family.  

 

 

Taeyeon is not a clingy person. Krystal show how clingy can be such a blessing. She’s is not an eating person. Krystal show how grabbing over food can be such an irritating fun. She’s not a teasing person. Krystal show how getting beaten down for unknown reason can be such an irrelevant amusement. And Taeyeon definitely not a cooking person. Krystal show how cooking was an exciting pleasure before she burnt over that poor latter kitchen on her first day of switching. Surprisingly that latter was laughing over the floor pampering her with her first hug and kisses showing that unconditionally love does still exist.

 

It's not just a relationship. Krystal show her how to live. Krystal is her life. 

 

 

God! I must save them! Please make this happen!

 

 

"Tae. Please keep talking. I’m listening."

 

 

Taeyeon start to look at Yuri again. The latter has been around with her since the mess hours started from this morning. She’s been a good buddy.

 

 

“Do you think yourself in 2016 will trust me? If I made it to switch later.”

“She was in the lab now Tae, … I was in the lab now… checking that meteor shower thing. I’m still there you know. If I move, I should know right? I didn’t get any vibe or signal… from my body yet, means I didn't out from there yet… alright… this is making me crazy again… but the point is… of course I trust you. What are you thinking Tae?”

“I’ve been thinking, if I manage to switch, I’m gonna talk to myself back there in 2016. Since you already read my letter, so you wouldn’t be so shock facing me inside Jessica body, right? You can convince me... I mean, the 2016 me, that I've been switching body with Jessica. That if I can get there on time."

“Or if you have second thought, just save them both without talk to me or yourself there, and then come back here and we can try again in next year. I mean about that switch thing...”

 

“Oh! My... Look at us. We’ve been talking about this like it’s our normal thing to talk.”

“How would we end up like this? Talking about switching body like a casual thing.”

“You bet!

 

“My priority now is to save them. I don’t want to think about stopping the switching thing now.”

“I agree. We can try again during next meteor shower in 2018. Who know, there will be another no moon show and you guys can stand on the same spot, and who knows, next thing in the morning, the switching will stop.”

“How easy does it sound…”

“Look at you and Jessica. Crazy thing did happen in miracle way. Who knows, crazy thing will happen again. I can't believe I am talking like Sooyoung now. This is soo ing crazy.”

“I don’t blame you. We both know, we have no idea how this thing will end up.”

 

 

Yuri just nodded her head. The more they talk, the crazy they sound. Taeyeon start to look at her watch. 

 

 

“How long have we been talking Yul?

“It’s 1:20 now Tae. , I didn’t realize the time.”

"Now, where is she? I think she is taking her time too long. I don't know if I can wait any longer Yul. Let’s go find h--"

 

 

PRANKK!!!

 

 

Someone just barging into the room. They look at the certain person who wearing a mask and cover the body with white coat dress like a doctor. That certain person closes the door and locked it and before they even know, the light was OFF, and they can hear that certain person abruptly drop down to the floor.

 

Both Taeyeon and Yuri just winch and draw back from where they stand. Trying to register what is going on. 

 

"Yul, are we having a blackout?"

 "I dunno. Who's that?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter