Six : Sacrifice

This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum looks around at Jackson's family mansion in Beijing. Everything in here smells like money and grandeur.

"You lived here before?"

"I'm the little heir, of course, I lived here before. Wait for my grandfather, he's old but still cool." Jackson excitedly said as they walk through a lined up men bowing in respect for Jackson.

"Don't be overwhelmed Jaebum ah..in this world, when you're at the top then you are treated like royalty and my family has been up there since ages." Jackson explain as Jaebum hurried up their pace, not wanting to be exposed as soon as they set foot on the mansion.

"Young Master Wang, your grandfather awaits you in his office." an elderly maid said as Jackson hugs her.

"I miss you Aunt Mei.."

"I miss you too Seunna.."

"I will talk to you later okay..let's go up Jaebum." Jackson grasps his friend's arms and dragged him off up the grand staircase and down the carpeted hallways.

They stopped at the huge wooden door.

"Are you ready to ing meet the head of the biggest Chinese Triad?" Jackson naughtily said.

"Honestly? No.."

"Here we go.."

Jackson slams the door open and walks inside.

"What's up old maaaannnn?" Jackson shouted into the room as his grandfather glares at him for being too loud.

"That ing mouth of yours will be the reason for your death boy..mark my words." Grandpa Wang seriously said as he shakes his head at his grandson.

"Nah..I'm living a simple and peaceful life pops.I don't want blood on my hands."

The old man looks at Jackson with an understanding smile.

"But being leaders is in our blood son..and this family will always rely on us. One of these days, after you finished what you have to do you will always come back home..and this is your home."

Jackson smiled at his grandfather but pointed out his friend immediately.

"As I am still doing what I wanted to do I want you to train my friend here Jaebum and help him rank up to the mafia business."

Grandpa Wang looks at Jaebum, observing the young man who is nervously sitting in front of him.

"What's in it for me?"

Jaebum looks surprised as the man is willing to negotiate with Jackson.

"A promise..," Jackson hesitantly said.

The old man looks sharply at his grandson.

"What kind of promise.."

"A promise that I will always return back home.."

Grandpa Wang sat up straight and looks at his grandson shrewdly.

"And you're doing this because..?"

"Because I miss this place..and this is my home. I know my place and my responsibility, I just want the freedom to choose who will stay by my side..sides I mean.."

Grandpa Wang stares at his grandson a little bit longer than necessary.

"Deal..only because I miss hearing your loud mouth in this halls.Im Jaebum...I know your father."

"Uhmm.You do sir?"

"Yes, and he is a very intelligent and strong, he is the last heir for the Busan Familia, but he left on his own and establish himself as a business man in Seoul. That is very impressive." Grandpa Wang exclaimed as Jaebum looks curious.

"What's impressive about running away from an obligation?"

"Your friend is quite dumb Jackson..explain." the older man waved a hand towards his grandson.

"Uhm. Jaebum you just can't quit or run away from a mafia clan. The only way out is death."

"Then why is my father still alive then?"

"Because he is brilliant, he makes useful connections, he became friends with useful people and he is the best fighter, the fact that no bullet has ever killed him says something about his survival skill..and you, young one has to overcome his achievement. That is the only way you can gain his respect, and with his respect comes his consent for you to do whatever you wanted to do." Grandpa Wang calmly explains as Jaebum put a hand on his already messy hair.

"This is so sick.."

"Don't blame him for what he grew up with, this is a typical mafia boss's initiation for their heirs."

"How can I beat him.."

"Don't imitate him, explore yourself and work hard in improving yourself. We will help you, but you have to work extra hard."

Thinking about Jinyoung, he nods his head and gave a respectful bow towards the older man.

"Teach me your ways, Master Wang."

-----❤-----❤-----❤-----❤-----❤

Uncle Wang looks at Jaebum and shakes his head in pity. The boy clearly is out of place, as innocent as a gal thrown in the center of unruly mafia men.

"Jaebum son..what do you know about the Mafia.."

"Uhmmm t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter