Seven : Crash and burn

This Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum casually strolled down the hall of his new Kingdom. His father stays true to his words, he handed over his business to Jaebum and let him have free reign over the family business. No marriage deals were exchanged as father and son test the waters between them.

"Good morning Mr. Im."

His dad's assistant Margaux, and elderly lady greets him as he walks inside his office. The lady is planning on retiring next month that is why Jaebum needs an assistant as soon as he can find one.

"Hello, Margaux...did you find a suitable replacement already?"

"The candidates for the position are currently being screened by the HR Department, you will take a final pick on the remaining ones once they are finished."

"Great..thanks Margaux."

Jaebum went to his desk and opens his laptop. His father's secretary closes the door and went back to her desk outside.

Jaebum opens his email and looks for the one sent to him by his boys. It is the list of all private planes that entered Korea this year. Planning on checking every single one of them just so he could trace his lover, he started to finish his work first before doing what he really wants.

He needs his father's company to flourish for a few more years before executing its downfall.

A couple of hours had passed when Margaux finally called him for his interview with the remaining applicants. Jaebum stood up and purposefully walks towards the screening room, he found three persons inside, two females and one male.

He walks towards the panel table and takes a look at the three cv's waiting for him.

"Let me start with the girls first shall we..Ms. Irene..why should I hire you as my assistant?"

"You should hire me, Mr. Im, because I am fully qualified for this job, I have experienced working in this field before and I think I will be a huge help for you and the company," Irene said with a confident smile.

"Thank you..next is Ms. Roze, why should I hire you?" Jaebum casually asks.

"I am a newly graduate and I want to prove myself, that I am capable of handling this work based on my grades I know that I can do this job well and exceeds any expectations on me." Rosé quietly said as she smiles confidently.

Jaebum nods his head and looks at the last applicant.

"Mr. Jung Hoseok, why should I hire you?"

"Because I'm broke and I need this job asap. I know that this company doesn't discriminate and actually have a more lenient way of hiring their employees that's why I am here taking my chance..maybe I'll get lucky." Hoseok shrugs his shoulders and smiled cheerfully.

The two girls look at Hoseok in pity thinking that the man ruins his chances by his careless answer to that question. This is a freaking interview.

"You're hired Jung Hoseok. Come and work tomorrow, be here at 8 am and Margaux will assist you with anything you need. Ladies thanks for applying to this company as an assistant but please proceed to the HR department, we have some vacant positions on other teams. Give your cv to them and they will instruct you with what you need to do."

The two ladies stare at each other in surprise but stood up to follow the CEO's instructions. Smiling hesitantly at Hoseok who is now staring at Jaebum in shock.

"Hoseok..did you hear what I said?"

"Yes..boss..I heard it loud and clear." Hoseok said as he puts himself together.

"You better prepare for tomorrow okay, I still have loads of papers to finish. Congrats and good luck."

"Thank you so much Mr. Im..." Hoseok stood up and bows deeply.

Jaebum looks at the man intently as if recalling his memory for details.

"You look familiar..as if I've seen you before..somewhere.." Jaebum said as Hoseok held his breath.

"Oh well..I'll remember it when I remember it. Send your requirements to HR and then see you tomorrow."

"Okay..goodbye, Mr. Im. " Hoseok hurriedly walks out of the room as Jaebum stay silent.

"Why does Namjoon's lover is here, applying for a meager secretarial job..hmmm I need to contact that man."

Jaebum, having gained influence in China as one of the leaders of the biggest Triad knew other mafia heads both in Asia and America, now he met Namjoon two years ago when he went to LA for some business, he was welcomed into the mob head's home and he is sure that Jung Hoseok is that little guy who is kept under lock and key by the boss. Hoseok is Namjoon's lover, how did he escape the man, an innocent one like him doesn't stand a chance with those skilled men hired by Namjoon to guard his lover..why is he here?

"Mr. Im? Your father is in your office right now waiting for you." Margaux said as Jaebum looks at her.

"Why the hell is he here.."

Jaebum stood up and went outside, walking carelessly on the corridor, turns at the corner and crashed onto someone who grunted in pain at the collision.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter