(iv) Saved

Girl meets evil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 19th 2018

Warehouse

Finally, it’s Mina’s favorite day of the week, “shower wednesday!”, Donghae shouts as he knocks on Mina’s door in the morning. Surprisingly, she’s used her new life’s routine. The only downside to her new life was boredom. Her daily activity consist of reading the same ‘outdated-waiting-room’ magazines or using her imagination to visualize what kind of adventures lies behind the forest. She has no one to complain or talk to except the three guards assigned to her; Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Siwon. At first they don’t talk much, as they said they weren’t ordered to talk to her, but to keep watch on her. She observes two of them from her room often on their smoke break, she sees them laughing and smiling with one another. Slowly but surely, she’s gotten to know the three and she found out they aren’t as cold as they seem.

Eunhyuk dreamed to be a great chef, however, family circumstances needed him to work as a constructor. He never got a chance to touch pots and pans until he stumbled here. Mina thought he would make a great chef, she would gladly be a loyal customer. Siwon was drunk out of his mind before stumbling upon this place, he was threatened at first to leave, but they found out he was a shunned boxer, whose trainer backstabbed and left him for dead after stealing his winning championship pot. Mina apologies to him because she would never want to see him fight, even if there were rules to protect the players. Siwon laughed at her and thank her for considering seeing him dance in the ring. Then there was Donghae, he had nothing before coming here, he lost something special and had no sense of purpose in life until Doojoon gave him one. Out of everything, he was the most secretive with Mina. Mina respected his privacy and told him if there was ever a time he needed someone, he surely knows where to find her.

All three left out the fact it was not Doojoon who gave them a new start in life, but it was Jeongyeon who saw potential in all of them. But they know, their boss would kill them if they disclose that kind of information. Jeongyeon does have a reputation to uphold.

Mina’s opinion about Yoo Jeongyeon, has undoubtedly, not changed since their last encounter. A cold-hearted man with little to no care for other people rather than himself. On top of that, a playboy. She saw a woman seductively and eagerly dragging him by his tie into her office. She knows people like Jeongyeon, her uncle, Haraku. He wasn’t a cruel man with his blood family, but he wasn’t the warmest either. To rule over Japan like that, he had an iron fist over his men and people close to him. Every corner of Japan knew him as ‘the Ghost of Kobe’, people feared him like a God, and it was unbelievable. She’s seen him ‘pistol whip’ one of his men in front of her because he bought them the wrong kind of milk for the house. A simple human mistake that shouldn’t end in a physical form of punishment. It breaks Mina’s heart a little, what she can’t understand is why the same men stayed loyal. They say he’s a man to look up to and they would gladly die for him. Mina to this day still can’t understand why. If he does that to his own men, imagine what he does to the people who go against him.

She’s just glad to be away from all that mess now, afraid that Niko would become the same after their father passed away and they had no one to turn to but their uncle. Mina was glad her father brought them to Korea when Niko was still young, Mina decided to stay there for good, staying away from that toxic environment in hopes of a better future. But now, she’s trapped in the same kind of life she ran away from.

---

The 40 square feet simple bathroom consists of a sink, toilet, and shower. The bathroom was always clean, no one uses it besides Mina and that was Jeongyeon’s order. Mina stepped into the shower, toes flinching as they touched the chilled ceramic floor. Her mind was in shreds. She turned the dial, old and metallic, releasing lukewarm drops, darkening her long black hair and trickled down her lean white skin back. She felt relaxed and calm.

Donghae on the other side was humming a random song he heard this morning on the radio when he saw Joon approaching him.

“Hey there bud,” the older greeted Donghae “Siwon told me that you know how to fix cars,” he paused, “I think there’s something wrong with the white Rover Sport. The engine keeps making this rattling noise when I start it. You think you could take a look at it? Han is out.”

“Sure, after miss finishes her shower,” Donghae replied and stood guard.

“Right … the thing is, I kinda need you to look at it now,” Joon glared at Donghae. Joon thinks Donghae isn’t fit to be the boss’s second-hand man, he acts almighty even though Joon knows he’s just a big baby. It makes Joon sick to his stomach.

“I- I don’t think it’s a good idea,” Donghae hesitated.

“BUDDY! … Come on. Help a guy out! Boss is coming! He needs me to drive him and I can’t tell the car broke down! You know what he’ll do, he’ll probably skin us both if we don’t get it running. Han is out of the question and the boss knows you can fix cars, while I can’t. And coincidentally, you’re here. So-,” Joon threw the car keys at Donghae and he caught them in time, “do the math ‘kay?”

Donghae sighed, Joon is right, boss would skin them alive if he doesn’t fix the car. “Fine, but what about miss- oh, let me radio Siw-”

“ THERE’S NO TIME! DIDN’T CHA HEAR ME?! BOSS.IS.ON.HIS.WAY.HERE. JUST GO AND I’LL STAND GUARD!” Joon grew impatient with each ticking second.

Donghae startled by Joon’s voice nodded before rushing outside the warehouse leaving Joon alone in front of the bathroom’s door. Joon placed a beaten up chair up against the door separating the bathroom corridor with Mina’s room, it made sure no one could interrupt him.

Jeongyeon never anticipated he would need to accommodate a prisoner, so the whole reconstruction of Mina’s wing was laid out in an odd way. The bathroom she’s in is in line with two old storage rooms to keep trash that no one ever goes down, so the three rooms down the corridor are cut off by a wall and a single door. For Joon it’s an advantage, while for Mina it means she’s ed.

Joon smirked knowing he’s alone in the corridor. Siwon and Eunhyuk are resting at the long, waiting for Mina to finish her 30-minutes shower.

‘Finally, time to show our guest a good time,’ he thought as he turned the bathroom handle

---

Somewhere in the outskirts of the city

Jeongyeon, on the other hand, was sitting in the back seat of his car when the chauffeur interrupted his thoughts, “boss the meeting got canceled... ma’am just informed me since you are not answering your phone”

Jeongyeon sighed, “then let’s just drive to the warehouse,” Jeongyeon smiled knowing just who he planned to visit.

---

Warehouse

Mina finished showering after fifteen minutes, she turned off the water and grabbed her white towel. She dried herself and wore her bra and underwear before she looked at her reflection in the half broken mirror and sighed, she looked so lifeless, pale, and unhappy. Her black hair has grown longer, the bag under her eyes has grown darker, her bright brown eyes duller, and her luscious pink lips whiter. Overall, she looks dead.

She questions how she got here, whose fault is it that got her into this hell hole? Hers? Jeongyeon’s? Or Nik-

She gasped when she heard the door handle jiggle. Donghae and the other two have given her their word about giving her privacy in the bathroom, Mina wholeheartedly believes them. There was not a single window for her to escape from, only an exhaust for steam to dissipate from the room. Unless Mina screamed her lungs out for help, they would never try to come in. She heard it jingle again. Mina knows the three knew about the sliding lock inside of the bathroom, so Mina would need to unlock the door for them unless they-. Mina hastily grabbed the towel and hid as much of her body as she can.

Joon couldn’t push the door, he deciphered it was locked from the inside. He looked up and down the corridor, finding no one there, he decided to kick the door down. He knows a camera is watching him right now, but he knows the person watching is currently out in the lounge. He gives the door a kick; it weakens the door. He waits as the ringing subsides, then another kick; the door gave out a little and no one came running over. One last kick tore the door down into the bathroom.

Mina shrieked when she saw the door tumbling down in front of her. She doesn’t recognize the man walking in the doorway, “w- what are you doing?!”

“Soon-”, he stalked up to her, his hand unbuckling his belt, “you.”

---

“The car seems fine, what the hell was he tal-?” Donghae whined while checking on the engine when he felt a smack on the back of his head he turned around to find Jeongyeon standing before him, “BOSS” he yelled a bit out of shock.

“Why are you in here? And where is the girl?” he looked around.

“S- she’s in the shower b- boss,” Donghae was scared less.

“And who’s guarding her?” Jeongyeon asked.

“I- I- I'm supposed to be boss,” Donghae doesn’t know why he said that, probably out of fear.

Jeongyeon snapped his head towards him, “then please-” he walked closer to the shaking man “enlighten me Donghae, how.THE..can.you.be.two.places.at.once?” Jeongyeon goes right up to Donghae’s face, who is now holding on the rim of the open hood.

“B- b- boss um … I- I- I was a- asked b- by Joon to- to-” Donghae is a stuttering puddle of mess.

“Joon?”, Jeongyeon stepped back, “I never told him to come by the warehouse today, he's supposed to-” Jeongyeon looked like he had an epiphany, he cursed and ran to Mina’s bathroom.

---

(MENTION OF : DON’T READ IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE)

“D- Don’t come any closer,” she stepped back, her back hit the cold porcelain wall. Her body trembled down to her bones, her legs threatened to give out, she has nowhere to escape. He was watching her like a free full course meal. It made her sick to her stomach.

Joon stalked her, like a hungry wolf he drooled thinking of finally biting into his dinner. He his lips and bit his lip to stop the urges from coming too soon. He thrived on her frantic eyes, trying to stare into his while being aware of his movements. The beads of water still trickling down her body, down from her forehead, to her luscious lips, her desirable throat, to her cleavage. He doesn’t stop there, he watched at her erratic breathing, her chest heaves.

His hand cupped her white cheeks and goes up close to her. Mina holds in her breathe and tightly shuts her eyes when she felt him inhaling. “You smell divine~”, Mina hears him chuckle next to her ear. She wished she could push him away, but he currently has the upper hand. Her hands are occupied trying to hide her body as much as possible. “Your brother needs to be punished since some people are keeping a close eye on him … I gotta get my hands on the next.best.thing,” he smirked.

Mina pushed her face further into the corner of the bathroom wall, hoping it would swallow her whole. She hoped closing her eyes would make this all seem like a dream, unfortunately, one sense has gone another heightens. Mina could feel his hands hovering over her tights … his heavy nicotine breathe threatens to make Mina vomit … she hears the rustling of his clothes as he slowly s his suit--

(END OF IT)

“KIM JOON!” Jeongyeon hollered and with one kick he was able to break the door and chair.

Jeongyeon calmly assesses the situation, Mina cowering in the corner with Joon covering her. Mina made eye contact with Jeongyeon; her eyes watery and shaking … desperately pleading for help. Her towel wrapped so tightly to her body showing off every curvature.

“B- boss” Joon stutter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter