(xi) Missing you

Girl meets evil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina was exhausted. She’s been coughing over and over after her episode of vomiting. Niko has been standing outside Mina’s bathroom door for a while, waiting for her to come out. Niko was left a little confused, he was greeting Mina in the morning she bolted straight towards the bathroom while covering . Nausea has been hitting Mina since yesterday, she thought the food poisoning would’ve passed by now.

Mina wiped and saw Niko worried, “Niko, please stop wearing that cologne? At least until this food poisoning pass. Every time I smell you I gag.”

Niko gasped, “I take offense to that! This is exotic and expensive cologne in your presence.” Mina glared at her brother, “... fine. I’ll stop. For you anything my dear sister.” he said kissing her cheek. “You know there’s a movie theater on the first floor. Dozen’s of movies are waiting for you to watch~” Niko wiggled his eyebrows trying to intrigue Mina. He knows how much of a movie buff his sister was.

Mina beamed, but not because of the mention of movies, but because of a memory. A memory of movies with her between Jeongyeon’s arms while he whispered sweet words in her ears. She realized they’ve never really watched the movie, Jeongyeon couldn’t retain his focus long enough to finish the movie, in the end, it was an excuse to make out. ‘He’s one teenager.’ Mina smirked didn’t last long, sadness overwhelmed her. The prospect of actually finishing a movie doesn’t seem fun anymore. She didn’t miss movie night … she missed Jeongyeon.

“Well … I just wanted to say good morning. I have a few things to do, you’ll be all right here Noona.” he patted her back and left.

“I’ve always been okay … with Jeongyeon,” she said under breath before wore her jacket and left the room to bump into a tall fit man waiting for her.

He bowed and looked her with his dead eyes, “this is your home now ma’am. Don’t be shy.” Mina forced a smile and walked passed him.

She knew Haytham was old, but never could imagine he’ll be this old. A contrast comparison to Jeongyeon. The manor had old-fashioned carpets, huge marble sculptures and painting, the furniture looked like it came out from the Victorian era, and grand chandeliers. Pure contrast to Jeongyeon’s modern flare.

 

She stumbled into the music room, two single chairs, a grand piano, bookshelves, and a bar. “Such a beautiful room.” the huge windows let in the morning light shine through, giving the piano it’s own natural spotlight. She roamed the room and touched the many bookbindings on the bookshelf, admiring how well kept the old books were. Until she heard the click of the door.

Just like his name Haytham, he wasn’t Korean. The old man was wearing a nice grey suit matches his swept-back grey hair and white well kept beard. His dark brown eyes looked too dark, making them round and black. One can tell this man has seen some dark days. Not forget to mention the cane he carried around like a third leg, the very noticeable limp can be seen when he walked. A permanent battle scar from a gunfight he barely escaped from.

Haytham smiled at Mina and extended his hand, “come Miss Mina.” he said humbly inviting Mina to sit next to him at the other single couch. The clicking of the cane made Mina anxious, like the warming sound of Jaws before a shark attack. But she indeed followed him. “I love this room. Glad I found someone who admired it as much as I do.” Haytham said catching Mina in awe how grand and magnificent this small room is compared to his whole manor. “I sit here every day. Oh! You must see the theater on the first floor, Niko said you liked watching movies.”

“Niko told me already,” Mina said curtly. Her hair stood on its end being in such a small distance between her and this old mysterious man.

Haytham leans back and gets comfortable, “Niko is a very hard-working kid.”

“So should I thank you for teaching him how to kill?” Haytham laughed at Mina’s sarcasm, his laughter and smile looked genuine. Mina felt a chill down her spine how sincerely he looked.

“We only kill immoral violent people. Some of those people are harder to kill, better put them down before they get uncontrollable don’t you think? That is why we must save you before the lion decided to eat.”

“JEONGYEON WOULD NEVER KILL ME!” Mina was furious, Haytham dared to accuse of Jeongyeon of such blasphemy.

“Calm down Miss Ito. He liked to play with his prey,” Haytham smirked, showing Mina he knew more than what Mina assumed, “just a question of when he decides you’re too boring for his games, that’s when he pounces. WE were trying to prevent that, luckily, we got you safe but, unfortunately, didn’t end the beast.”

Mina was baffled, ‘h- how did he know about Jeongyeon and me? Also … why does Niko tell him his last name was Ito? I thought Niko said he was like family …?’

“Yoo Jeongyeon has eluded me too many times … that-”

“It is truly hard to trust people nowadays. But I know for sure Yoo Jeongyeon isn’t like any of you.” Mina definitely said.

Haytham raised an eyebrow at Mina, intrigued by what the brunette has to say, “what do you mean?”

“I MEAN you got played by my brother that’s what!” Mina smirked but cowered in fear from the revelation. ‘T- this doesn’t make sense. Why would he lie?’ Mina frowned.

“Enlighten me Miss-”

Niko walked in the two of them. One of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter